NCAA's Men's Golf Championship Stroke Play

augolf1716

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

So wouldn’t we rather have tech or duke than Oklahoma . So if Bama is in anyway, would rather them be 4 and us 5

I mean 6 rather than 5

10 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

it is 1 vs 8, 2-7, etc.  Not sure how they break this individual tie if it comes to it.  I'd assume sudden death tonight, but I don't know

Way it use to be

Playoff for individual championship...AU vs Augusta State

Well, that second shot put BM in a bad place...made a good recovery but could do not better than par....the Augusta kid nailed a nice putt...maybe 12-15 feet perhaps and won with a birdie.

So..AU in the team matches now....good finish by the team and by Mancheno...a freshman....

War Mancheno!

Great showing by him and the team.

Looking forward to match play.

War Eagle.

Happy for the team’s performance and wishing them more success in match play tomorrow and advancing to Wednesday. Mancheno was awesome, too!  Gonna be fun to watch his career blossom at AU and beyond. 

Well damn would have been great to get the individual title but not to be. Now on to match play and see how we do always have a chance in match play compared to stroke imo

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well damn would have been great to get the individual title but not to be. Now on to match play and see how we do always have a chance in match play compared to stroke imo

a different game....should be interesting...  a tough course....if like yesterday,  pars are going to win some holes. 

I have never played or even watched a game of golf. You guys made it seem interesting. Will AU be on the TV again? Maybe I'll tune in.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

a different game....should be interesting...  a tough course....if like yesterday,  pars are going to win some holes. 

It is a tough course but the way they laid it out made it even a tougher course. You've got to keep the ball in the fairway to have a chance with the greens they have and then putting pin placements were they were can make it insane.

Plus these guys are walking and carrying their own bag on top of playing 36 hole today hopefully. Mental game become even harder

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

It is a tough course but the way they laid it out made it even a tougher course. You've got to keep the ball in the fairway to have a chance with the greens they have and then putting pin placements were they were can make it insane.

Plus these guys are walking and carrying their own bag on top of playing 36 hole today hopefully. Mental game become even harder

Gosh, I know.  The beer alone weighs a ton when I play.  :whistle:

10 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Gosh, I know.  The beer alone weighs a ton when I play.  :whistle:

I've told the story before but I use to do that when I played at Auburn. Not every time I played but a few times especially if the other team was not very good.  Hell I even shared with the other team.

After my years were done playing Coach Dragoin came up to me and said he knew all along and here I was though I was getting away with it. Here's a little bio on coach

http://www.oanow.com/obituaries/sonny-dragoin-coach-anthony/article_9fb8e59e-1b1f-5e93-bee3-fe5235fc0594.html

Maybe it's just me, but it seems we are getting less TV coverage than the other matches

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I've told the story before but I use to do that when I played at Auburn. Not every time I played but a few times especially if the other team was not very good.  Hell I even shared with the other team.

After my years were done playing Coach Dragoin came up to me and said he knew all along and here I was though I was getting away with it. Here's a little bio on coach

http://www.oanow.com/obituaries/sonny-dragoin-coach-anthony/article_9fb8e59e-1b1f-5e93-bee3-fe5235fc0594.html

Sounds like a fine man to play for.

Love that story.

War Eagle.

5 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

Maybe it's just me, but it seems we are getting less TV coverage than the other matches

If the score holds we'll see a lot more of them later.

41 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Thanks had him for a PE class..."basic" where he worked us pretty good.  Also met him when I was writing sports for the Plainsman in '65-66.....he called me and asked if I would report the golf results in the Plainsman and sometimes I worked as a stringer for the Advertiser and Press Register so passed along my story to them also.     I never actually saw the golf team play but Coach would call me after the matches and give me the details of scores and maybe some particular good shots or "color" that I could include in with my reporting.  The good old days.... 

2 minutes ago, BhamCAT said:

extra holes until broken.... sudden death

But who plays the extra holes? Does each team pick a member? Btw thx for all of your information.0

the two players in the match that were tied after 18, they just keep playing, and you're welcome

Archived