2019 3* OG Hunter Rayburn (Clemson)

ellitor

AU & many team coming at him hard right now
19 major conference offers including 9 from the SEC: AU, Bama, UF, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Vols, & aTm among others.

46 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AU & many team coming at him hard right now
19 major conference offers including 9 from the SEC: AU, Bama, UF, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Vols, & aTm among others.

The play at the 2:14 mark shows me what I need to see.  I like a guy with that size that can move laterally and get his hands on the LB flying inside out.  I think he moves pretty good for 320 lbs. regardless of the amount of stars by his name.

Moves extremely well for his size.  Probably needs to play at 305 unless he is just very leg heavy.  Need work on his kick step in pass pro but he ain’t going up against SEC DEs either.  He’s probably that OT/G combo guy probably best suited inside but skilled enough to play on the outside if needed.

Plus with him in high school his team can run behind him and pick up 8 yards consistently.

Florida OL visits Auburn, will return soon for official visit

Pensacola (Fla.) offensive lineman Hunter Rayburn visited Auburn on Saturday and was surprised by what he saw.

Things he’d been told weren’t entirely accurate.

“People had told me that Auburn isn’t super nice, but I was pleasantly surprised,” Rayburn said. “It was awesome. The facilities are a lot more than people described them to be. It’s a small and beautiful campus and I had a great time. I liked Auburn a lot.”

Rayburn toured the campus and facilities and met with several coaches, including Gus Mazlahn, offensive line coach J.B. Grimes and offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey.

“I like the coaches a lot. I got to talk to Coach Malzahn and I like him a lot,” Rayburn said. “I like Coach J.B. (Grimes) a lot, too. Coach Grimes is very down to earth. He knows what he’s doing and he’s good at it.”

Rayburn also likes that Auburn relies heavily on its running game. The Tigers rushed for 2,966 yards in 2017, fourth-best in the SEC, and featured the conference’s top rusher in Kerryon Johnson.

“I didn’t realize how successful Auburn is on the ground,” Rayburn said. “They run the ball a lot and do so effectively, which I like a lot as an offensive lineman.”

Saturday’s visit went well enough to change Rayburn’s perception of Auburn. He’s glad he saw it for himself.

“Going into the visit, (Auburn) was just another school that looked good from the outside,” Rayburn said. “But after this weekend, they are definitely in my top group. Auburn is absolutely high on my list now.”

Not only did the visit move the Tigers up his list, but Rayburn now plans to return soon for an official visit.

“The feel at Auburn, the culture, it’s just a good place and I like it a lot,” Rayburn said. “I am planning an official visit, trying to set a date now. It will be in June and we’re looking at the weekend of June 15. Within the next couple of weeks I could be back up there.”

Rayburn, whom Auburn is recruiting as a guard/center, lists Auburn, Texas A&M, Clemson, Florida and Mississippi State as his top schools. He will take an official visit to Texas A&M June 8-10 and one to Mississippi State June 22-24. He also plans to take unofficial visits to Florida and Clemson before announcing a commitment.

“I’m going to be done by the end of June,” Rayburn said. “I’ll know where I’m going and announce my decision by the end of June.”

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

“People had told me that Auburn isn’t super nice, but I was pleasantly surprised,” Rayburn said. “It was awesome. The facilities are a lot more than people described them to be. It’s a small and beautiful campus and I had a great time. I liked Auburn a lot.”

This is so frustrating.  Where are these recruits getting this information from.  I mean seriously.  How are recruits buying that we are so far behind?

1 minute ago, LKEEL75 said:

Where are these recruits getting this information from.

As said in another thread Short-Nick-Man, Bowl Cut, & the Fisher-man.

9 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Seems like something a good marketing campaign could correct pretty quickly 

More of a reflection of the negative recruiting they were hitting recruits hard with before Gus secured his job security.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

As said in another thread Short-Nick-Man, Bowl Cut, & the Fisher-man.

And Mullen and Pruitt

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

More of a reflection of the negative recruiting they were hitting recruits hard with before Gus secured his job security.

I get that but need to pull a B Rabbit. We already know everything they’re going to say about us. So flip the script!

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

I get that but need to pull a B Rabbit. We already know everything they’re going to say about us. So flip the script!

Haha, so who’s Papa-doc?

On 5/26/2018 at 9:08 PM, corchjay said:

Moves extremely well for his size.  Probably needs to play at 305 unless he is just very leg heavy.  Need work on his kick step in pass pro but he ain’t going up against SEC DEs either.  He’s probably that OT/G combo guy probably best suited inside but skilled enough to play on the outside if needed.

Plus with him in high school his team can run behind him and pick up 8 yards consistently.

I still like the quote from Grimes not wanting "fat" guys out there. He'll definitely probably slim him down a little bit.

56 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He'll definitely probably slim him down a little bit.

I hope @bigbird can take the time to do a deep dive on the statistical probability of this happening.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I hope @bigbird can take the time to do a deep dive on the statistical probability of this happening.

I'll take a less educated stab at this (than @bigbird). *turns red, breathes deep, strains*.....50/50

33 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'll take a less educated stab at this (than @bigbird). *turns red, breathes deep, strains*.....50/50

You made it appear almost as if Big Bird was there making that 50/50 prediction he is so well known for.  One day he will surprise us and go 51/49 LOL

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

One day he will surprise us and go 51/49 LOL

tenor.gif

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You made it appear almost as if Big Bird was there making that 50/50 prediction he is so well known for.  One day he will surprise us and go 51/49 LOL

Image result for today is not that day gif

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

He'll definitely probably

I'll take "things you might hear a teenager say" for $600 Alex.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I'll take "things you might hear a teenager say" for $600 Alex.

Dangit... I'm ashamed lol

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I know. This was a surprise. I don't recall Clemson's name being mentioned much.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* OG Hunter Rayburn (Clemson)

We need to start closing on guys we want, and sometime very soon. 

Archived