2019 3* OG Hunter Rayburn (Clemson)

ellitor

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Caught me by surprise....

In a perfect world I would like to think we slow played him for someone we feel good about and value higher.  Don't live in a perfect world and don't know who that would be.

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We need to start closing on guys we want, and sometime very soon. 

Wasn't a guy we wanted, at least not right now. Down the line a ways.

As for the ones we want we have til December & February to close on them. There's no rush to close soon, especially since new targets will emerge as the season goes.

On 5/26/2018 at 11:05 AM, ellitor said:

AU & many team coming at him hard right now
19 major conference offers including 9 from the SEC: AU, Bama, UF, FSU, Clemson, Miami, Vols, & aTm among others.

My bad, I construed this to mean he was a guy we wanted now. 

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don't think you made "a bad". We'd have taken his commitment in a heartbeat if that offer list is legit. What I think is another one slip-slided away. Not a big disaster, however: When you have a limited number of preferred targets, every time we say "another one bites the dust", that's one less left for us to possibly get. There have been prior years when we watched them slip through our fingers until we ended up with a handful of nothin'.

This guy will have to drive through Auburn to get to Clemson from Pensacola. That's a shame.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't think you made "a bad". We'd have taken his commitment in a heartbeat if that offer list is legit. What I think is another one slip-slided away. Not a big disaster, however: When you have a limited number of preferred targets, every time we say "another one bites the dust", that's one less left for us to possibly get. There have been prior years when we watched them slip through our fingers until we ended up with a handful of nothin'.

This guy will have to drive through Auburn to get to Clemson from Pensacola. That's a shame.

I know, I was being cordial about it. My rule now is a simple one: based on recent track records, NFL draft picks, and playoff performance, if Bama, Clemson, or OSU want them, we should too. I realize signing day is a long way off and I know we’re are off to a solid start, but we were here last year too. We keep hearing about other guys we are waiting on and about commitments that are almost about to happen. Meanwhile, several are committing elsewhere. With guys like Nix and Pappoe on board, no reason not to be closing now. Wouldn’t be a terrible thing to go into fall camp with a few more committed. Just my opinion. 

12 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

That was old info. Sorry. New info says he is down the line. Found out yesterday. I'm not going to go back & look at an OP or edit it later to see if things have changed. I'm just going to post info as is now in the latest post. If it's different just know either things have changed or info has changed & trust it. I'm a straight shooter. I figured people would know that by now.

I know we’re are off to a solid start, but we were here last year too

No we weren't. Nothing like last year in terms of momentum. Also didn't have a supreme alpha dog in the class like Owen Pappoe.

We keep hearing about other guys we are waiting on and about commitments that are almost about to happen. Meanwhile, several are committing elsewhere. With guys like Nix and Pappoe on board, no reason not to be closing now. Wouldn’t be a terrible thing to go into fall camp with a few more committed. Just my opinion. 

The few guys we are waiting on all said Summer besides Sheffield. It's technically not even Summer yet. None of them are going to move up their commitment time frame to make worrisome fans happy nor should they. On Sheffield, he is visiting this weekend & is expected to join the class shortly thereafter. And it's perfectly fine if he decides to wait.

Archived