2019 4* OG Keiondre Jones Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

7/14/18 Update: Keiondre commits to AU!

DiFaqv9XkAATk6q.jpg

DiFaqvqWkAAQgSg.jpg

24 major conference offers including 11 from the SEC: AU, Florida, Bama, Clemson, FSU, UGA, Miami, Michigan, Ohio St, & Vols among others.
Believed to be an AU, Gator battle for awhile

1B2F0D62-21A2-4E64-BDDD-B9F314FE5857.jpeg

Could really use some help on the line. Hopping we can win this one!

so this guy seems like he would be a big time get. is he just recently interestef in Aubirn?

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

so this guy seems like he would be a big time get. is he just recently interestef in Aubirn?

Nope. Been on each others radar a good while as it says in the OP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Nope. Been on each others radar a good while as it says in the OP.

I guess.whatni am asking is why just now the thread if he had been on the radar for awhile? 

4 hours ago, shabby said:

I guess.whatni am asking is why just now the thread if he had been on the radar for awhile? 

Because I haven’t been starting any threads till about a week or  week and a half ago. And I guess others weren’t sure if they should start a thread or not. He’s visited AU three or four times in the last two months.

Edited by ellitor

okay thanks for the info. just trying to deepen my understanding of how the processes work. I appreciate what you do!

With all due respect, Florida right now ain't worth the salt you pour on a napkin to keep it from sticking to your drink.

Stay out of Gainesville kid. If you really want to move to such a beautiful state go to UCF or somewhere not smack dab in a swamp!

But ideally, come to Auburn... The home of all Georgia athletes smart enough to see the light...

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

With all due respect, Florida right now ain't worth the salt you pour on a napkin to keep it from sticking to your drink.

Stay out of Gainesville kid. If you really want to move to such a beautiful state go to UCF or somewhere not smack dab in a swamp!

But ideally, come to Auburn... The home of all Georgia athletes smart enough to see the light...

The QB UF just signed Emory Jones is his cousin. KJ would like to play with him.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The QB UF just signed Emory Jones is his cousin. KJ would like to play with him.

It's amazing how many siblings there are in the world of D1 athletics... You gotta think a relative would block their butt off for their cousin lol

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Keiondre Jones was at Auburn last weekend for Big Cat Weekend and he will be back this weekend for his official visit. He has already taken an official visit to Mississippi State, so this will be official visit No. 2 for the Callaway lineman. The Tigers really seem to be trending here with Jones visiting the Plains half a dozen times already in 2018.

Next week Jones will be on an official visit to Florida and he was planning to visit Michigan the weekend after that, but that is no longer likely to happen. Could a battle between the Tigers and the Gators be brewing? A decision this summer appears to be very likely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 CB's for the good guys... Looking good going into the weekend visit.

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

6 CB's for the good guys... Looking good going into the weekend visit.

Yeah but he is still Dead set on taking the Florida official so I don’t think he will commit this weekend, not publicly at least.

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Glad to see so many top recruits loving their visits, but ready for more of them to go ahead and commit. Especially O Linemen. 

• Like 3

Jones is back on Campus watching his teammates play in the 7 on 7 tournament.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

Jones is back on Campus watching his teammates play in the 7 on 7 tournament.

Posted in the weekend visitor thread but thanks for posting here too

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

Top OL target Keiondre Jones recaps rising Auburn interest after last week’s official visit

Benjamin Wolk

AUBURN, Ala. — Few 2019 prospects, if any, have been on Auburn’s campus more than 4-star guard Keiondre Jones.

The Hogansville, Ga., lineman has been on campus midweek, on weekends, at events, for spring practices and last week on his official visit. He was back on Auburn’s campus Thursday to watch his Callaway 7-on-7 team play. Offensive linemen don’t participate in 7-on-7, but Jones wanted to be at Auburn anyway.

With his official visit in the rearview mirror, Jones’ presence was an indication of his Auburn interest.

“Auburn’s definitely one of the schools I’m really high on right now. I enjoy it every time I come here. I’ve obviously come down here a lot. I have a really good time here,” Jones said. “I think they really started, earlier on, they weren’t really recruiting me as hard. They really just started to recruit me, and I got a better look at the program. It’s a program I wouldn’t mind playing for.”

As a regular, there isn’t much at Auburn left for Jones to see for the first time. Official visits often provide new opportunities. Jones has seen all of that, as far as the campus and facilities go.

His official visit was more about relationship building. He spent most of his time with Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown.

“It was a lot of the stuff I’ve went through and seen before. But it was really just time getting to spend around the players and see how they act and how the actual family atmosphere was,” Jones said. “Me and Derrick was talking for most of it. We’ve got a lot in common.”

Jones “hopes” to make a decision before the start of his senior season. Before that, he will take an official visit to Florida. That’s all he has set up for the time being, which bodes well for the Tigers. One source indicated that Auburn is most concerned about Clemson, which doesn’t host summer official visitors.

Jones isn’t ready to name any leaders. He’ll most likely make those choices with his mother during the upcoming recruiting dead period.

“Me and mama, when the dead period comes, we’re going to sit down and really get to it talking about some of the visits we’ve been to,” Jones said. “I don’t really have a leader right now, but [Auburn is] definitely really, really high.”

On 6/15/2018 at 8:44 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be interesting to see how Jones reacts to Mullinz negative recruiting tactics against AU this weekend. 

Mullen’s hunchback seems to have gotten worse after the last couple of beat downs we’ve laid on him. 

• Haha 3

Article in another thread reads that Jones is likely to commit to Auburn whenever he does end up committing. Ben Wolk has a crystal ball to AU, and I know we're all a bit restless with O-line recruiting. Hope this softens that a bit. Just a bump

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Article in another thread reads that Jones is likely to commit to Auburn whenever he does end up committing. Ben Wolk has a crystal ball to AU, and I know we're all a bit restless with O-line recruiting. Hope this softens that a bit. Just a bump

I think this young man will make a super lineman for us. It sounds like he comes from a good tight family and these are the kinds of players we need that have both feet on the ground. I feel that when it is all said and done, this could be a very good class of linemen with Jones, Clark, and Osborne leading the way.

Edited by doc4aday