2019 4* OG Keiondre Jones Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now ranked 49th on the ESPN 300 and the #1 ranked OG.

Im interested to see the final 247 Composite rankings when they come out. Thats good news about KG however it makes me sad to see all the OTS higher on the board that we missed........This was a loaded year with OT talent and we completely wiffed so far

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

it makes me sad to see all the OTS higher on the board that we missed

Or didn't strongly go after.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Or didn't strongly go after.

My official prediction at this point is that Gus gets fired after 2020. I think he coaches his heart out this year and somehow wins 9-10 games with the help of the veteran lines. And then all but one of our starting linemen leave, and pop goes the weasel thanks in large, large part to the incredibly stupid re-hire of JB Grimes.

2019 = 1997

2020 = 1998

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

My official prediction at this point is that Gus gets fired after 2020. I think he coaches his heart out this year and somehow wins 9-10 games with the help of the veteran lines. And then all but one of our starting linemen leave, and pop goes the weasel thanks in large, large part to the incredibly stupid re-hire of JB Grimes.

2019 = 1997

2020 = 1998

I unfortunately agree with you....I could easily see that exct scenario playing out or What I'm optimistically hoping......We land OT Ira Henry/ OG Kamaar Bell, and pick up a Transfer with 2 years eligibilty left.....Sammons becomes a freak as well as Hamm....and we have a 9-10 win season next year and come in highly under the radar in 202 with B Nix and a beast of recieving corps and Rbs and we make a run and JB Grime Rehire looks like the move of the century and our OL crooting picks up and we make a dynasty run and Gus finally turns the corner as a Head Ball Coach!!!!!! One can dream

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, AUwent said:

2019 = 1997

2020 = 1998

Honestly I'm just tired of the discussion. Let's just let things play out & not try to predict such things, especially in the recruiting forum.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Honestly I'm just tired of the discussion. Let's just let things play out & not try to predict such things, especially in the recruiting forum.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Odds look very long of this happening as of now.

lol you said you were tired of the discussion and predictions then completely contradicted yourself and contributed to the discussion and predictions lol

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I unfortunately agree with you....I could easily see that exct scenario playing out or What I'm optimistically hoping......We land OT Ira Henry/ OG Kamaar Bell, and pick up a Transfer with 2 years eligibilty left.....Sammons becomes a freak as well as Hamm....and we have a 9-10 win season next year and come in highly under the radar in 202 with B Nix and a beast of recieving corps and Rbs and we make a run and JB Grime Rehire looks like the move of the century and our OL crooting picks up and we make a dynasty run and Gus finally turns the corner as a Head Ball Coach!!!!!! One can dream

Now, our schedule might just be rough enough this year to keep that scenario from playing out. But looking back at previous years in which I thought our schedule was going to keep us from even reaching a bowl, there seems to be 1-2 teams that disappoint epically (how I felt with 2016, and we should have and would have won AT LEAST nine games if Gus runs the option the whole game at Georgia--or, you know, went after Evans instead of JF3; LSU and Ole Miss were marked as automatic losses that year). And having all those players come back...it just has the classic feel of a surprise Auburn season. But I think the Grimes re-hire will ultimately seal his fate in 2020. BTW, leap years seem to have a habit of killing Auburn coaches' careers. Barfield, Dye, Tubs, Chizk...their last years were all leap years, and Gus could be next.

But hey, we would shave an extra year off of the buyout!

Edited by AUwent

42 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

lol you said you were tired of the discussion and predictions then completely contradicted yourself and contributed to the discussion and predictions lol

The Sammons part was not a prediction. I was giving you current info on him it looked like you didn't have.

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Now, our schedule might just be rough enough this year to keep that scenario from playing out. But looking back at previous years in which I thought our schedule was going to keep us from even reaching a bowl, there seems to be 1-2 teams that disappoint epically (how I felt with 2016, and we should have and would have won AT LEAST nine games if Gus runs the option the whole game at Georgia--or, you know, went after Evans instead of JF3; LSU and Ole Miss were marked as automatic losses that year). And having all those players come back...it just has the classic feel of a surprise Auburn season. But I think the Grimes re-hire will ultimately seal his fate in 2020. BTW, leap years seem to have a habit of killing Auburn coaches' careers. Barfield, Dye, Tubs, Chizk...their last years were all leap years, and Gus could be next.

But hey, we would shave an extra year off of the buyout!

I'm ok with it....I do think if Gus can have 3-4 Legit SEC Olineman committed by summer of 2019 for the 2020 class that will help him. but he still going to have to muster up a winning season with a crazy schedule

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I know my friend. Just having a lil fun

May want to be careful doing that with me. As many on here will attest to I'm our site's version of...

SP40.gif

• Haha 2

Sooo this is an interesting tidbit about the final rankings. After the UAAA event ESPN finished Jones as the #1 OG in the class & #49 overall while 24/7 dropped him from their final Top247 completely.

• Facepalm 2
  • Angry 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Sooo this is an interesting tidbit about the final rankings. After the UAAA event ESPN finished Jones as the #1 OG in the class & #49 overall while 24/7 dropped him from their final Top247 completely.

That's very confusing. Wildly divergent. 

On 1/21/2019 at 7:21 PM, ellitor said:

The Sammons part was not a prediction. I was giving you current info on him it looked like you didn't have.

any possibility that Sammons could go to the defensive side of the ball if he is going to waste away on the OL? I know a speculation but thought I would ask since his name has been brought up.

Edited by doc4aday

I wonder if either of the TE signees (Deal & Fromme) could move in to a tackle slot with adding some weight. Both are 6-5 plus and have the height.  I somehow doubt this, but I remember the day when DLs were raided frequently for the OL so why not a TE position?

53 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

any possibility that Sammons could go to the defensive side of the ball if he is going to waste away on the OL? I know a speculation but thought I would ask since his name has been brought up.

He can't keep switching back and forth. He's gotta get comfortable at 1 thing first 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Unlikely. The DL is deeper than the OL.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I wonder if either of the TE signees (Deal & Fromme) could move in to a tackle slot with adding some weight. Both are 6-5 plus and have the height.  I somehow doubt this, but I remember the day when DLs were raided frequently for the OL so why not a TE position?

Fromm definitely not. Deal unlikely.

• Thanks 1

Unless we sign the OT from Missouri, we will have to hit the grad transfer market hard and heavy. We cannot keep going the direction we have gone with the OL situation.

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Unless we sign the OT from Missouri, we will have to hit the grad transfer market hard and heavy. We cannot keep going the direction we have gone with the OL situation.

So we have Jones and Osborne.....which i think are solid recruits but def need some developing....then we are leading for the Ira Henry kid you are referring too...hopefully we land him....that would give us 1 real OT and Osbourne is projected to be OT i believe...then we are also in it for Kamaar Bell and now I been hearing about this Wisdom kid....which is neighborhood of 6'7 260-270 if i remember,.....played Defense in highschool......most definitely a project since he would be converting to Oline....but he has the size....That worked out ok for Prince Tega...and i actually think this kid has played way more footbll than Tega so that helps.....I feel like we should have been getting guys like this...projects...2-3 a class along with 2-4 real big time OL croots....and we wouldnt be in this spot....but i think if we get Henry and Bell its a solid class...and if Wisdom comes on i think we are turning  a corner

6 hours ago, doc4aday said:

no just simply look at their frames