NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Surprise, surprise!!  UF and FAU are in a weather delay.  It must be lightning as there is no rain happening right now.  

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T3  Tenn Tech leads Ole Miss 3-0.  Wearing McArthur out with base hits.  OM going to the bullpen. 2 on 2 out. 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

T3  Tenn Tech leads Ole Miss 3-0.  Wearing McArthur out with base hits.  OM going to the bullpen. 2 on 2 out. 

Got out with one more run. 4-0 Tenn Tech. 

14 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I would never want to pitch against Tech. That whole lineup is scary looking.

For emphasis, whole starting lineup bats .300 or better. 7 of 9 have double digit HRs.

http://static.psbin.com/7/y/cbpdg3jz1muzad/2018_TTU_Baseball_Stats.pdf

Ole Miss has to start thinking about Game 2 tonight and possibly saving its pitching. 

Don’t know where to put this, but looks like Casey Mize is dropping out of the top spot in the draft

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Don’t know where to put this, but looks like Casey Mize is dropping out of the top spot in the draft

Where did you see that?  

Duke scores on a controversial passed ball.  UGA said it was a foul tip.  Umps said no.  UGA still up 5-4 after 5.

57 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I would never want to pitch against Tech. That whole lineup is scary looking.

For emphasis, whole starting lineup bats .300 or better. 7 of 9 have double digit HRs.

http://static.psbin.com/7/y/cbpdg3jz1muzad/2018_TTU_Baseball_Stats.pdf

I have a good buddy who's nephew is the OVC pitcher of the year on that team...went 13-2 this year with 3.9 ERA.  They're having a hard time understanding why his draft projection isn't through the roof.  @augolf1716 could probably go 13-2 with that lineup backing him up, only the second time (I think) since the NCAA outlawed the BESR bats that a team has combined for over 100 HR's in season.

32 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I'm seeing/hearing he's still there.  Tigers have been squirrelly on this since day one.

59 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Where did you see that?  

Seen some chatter that Giants are taking Cole Wynn and Detroit would take Joey Bart at #1. 

Archived