NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That didn't start until their last coach, name escapes me, showed up and figured it out. next thing you know Vandy is a baseball power

Vandy scours the entire United States for great players that also have outstanding academic records. They get players that would otherwise qualify for full academic scholarships and put them on a full ride that way. Every school in the nation could do the same thing, Stanford does it too. So, Mr. 5* baseball prospect with the near-perfect SAT can choose to further his education at Vanderbilt, Stanford or Auburn. Nobody is surprised when the first two listed get the guy.

That doesn't work for football or basketball but so far that loophole is wide open for baseball.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg that was a spectacular chain of events in this Vandy game. An inside the park home run with two outs to tie the game. Are you kidding me???

He is amazing.   He hit 3 homerun all season.  He has hit 5 in the Regional and Super Regional (so far).  2 walkoff winners!!

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

Just over half way, 5 innings complete, into this game and  it is going on 3 hours already.  It's going to be a long night. 

Yep....I gave up at the point when it was tied....missed the end of game excitement....but got a good night's sleep though.☺

10 hours ago, around4ever said:

He is amazing.   He hit 3 homerun all season.  He has hit 5 in the Regional and Super Regional (so far).  2 walkoff winners!!

It's like he's a different player.....talk about getting inspired!

DANG! Tn Tech hitter just took a ball to his face. 

What a tough kid. He's up and took his base. Really good to see that he's OK.

Those crazy kids from Tenn Tech think they are going to Omaha.  And they just might do it.  They have beaten Texas in Game 1, 5-4.  Go Golden Eagles!!!

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

Those crazy kids from Tenn Tech think they are going to Omaha.  And they just might do it.  They have beaten Texas in Game 1, 5-4.  Go Golden Eagles!!!

That Texas baseball park is a really big facility. It looked pretty full of Longhorn fans too. Quite a feat to beat the Longhorns in that atmosphere. It was a really good game.

Arky vs USCe. 4th inning.....monster crowd.....sounds like CWS energy level.....and piggies just went ahead 3-2.   Folks out there will challenge LSU the Mississippi schools for fan support. 

5 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Quite a feat to beat the Longhorns in that atmosphere.

I'm not really sure how UT got in the spot they are in...offense is anemic (.270 cumulative BA) and pitching is less than dominant (4.18 combined ERA).  I was shocked to see all the guys they trotted up to the plate with .240 and .250 batting averages...I can only assume Clemens has carried them all year.  Tennessee Tech could be this year's Coastal Carolina (if somebody can find a way to shut down that Beavers offense).

12 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I'm not really sure how UT got in the spot they are in...offense is anemic (.270 cumulative BA) and pitching is less than dominant (4.18 combined ERA).  I was shocked to see all the guys they trotted up to the plate with .240 and .250 batting averages...I can only assume Clemens has carried them all year.  Tennessee Tech could be this year's Coastal Carolina (if somebody can find a way to shut down that Beavers offense).

Yep and I was Coastal Carolina all the way that year. I hope it's another Cinderella year if Auburn doesn't advance.

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Wow South Carolina taking it to Arkansas right now. A grand slam and right after another home run.

Good. I can't stand the hogs.

There's a confusing uniform situation in Nashville.....Vandy looks like the 4th of July and MSU looks like the mafia in track suits. WTH? 

26 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

There's a confusing uniform situation in Nashville.....Vandy looks like the 4th of July and MSU looks like the mafia in track suits. WTH? 

AU has a good selection of uniforms.....all look good and none look like a team trying to make a "statement" or something.    MSU with those ugly wide stripes on the sleeves and of course they might be maroon ...or maybe black....UGLY either way...

Just now, AU64 said:

AU has a good selection of uniforms.....all look good and none look like a team trying to make a "statement" or something.    MSU with those ugly wide stripes on the sleeves and of course they might be maroon ...or maybe black....UGLY either way...

Totally agree I know I'm old school but to me you should not mess with BB uniforms just looks dumb/silly to me. Nothing better then the Yankees classic uniforms

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Totally agree I know I'm old school but to me you should not mess with BB uniforms just looks dumb/silly to me. Nothing better then the Yankees classic uniforms

The Yankee unis are almost as good as the basic Red Sox uniform though they sometimes stray from their whites with red trim. 

47 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

It looks like a slow pitch softball game.  

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

MSU units are all black but the jerseys seem to have faded a little giving them a grayish-maroon look.  

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

MSU units are all black but the jerseys seem to have faded a little giving them a grayish-maroon look.  

Yep.....I see now...black unis and caps except for the batting helmets which are maroon.   Y'all remember back in the day when they were known as the Mississippi State Maroons. ?     Think maybe the bulldog was their version of our war eagle or something and not sure when it became the primary mascot/name.

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep.....I see now...black unis and caps except for the batting helmets which are maroon.   Y'all remember back in the day when they were known as the Mississippi State Maroons. ?     Think maybe the bulldog was their version of our war eagle or something and not sure when it became the primary mascot/name.

Going back a little further, they were Mississippi A&M Aggies until 1925 when they became Mississippi State College.  They changed to the Maroons in 1932 and then to Bulldogs in 1966.  

Archived