NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that's OK nothing wrong with that but damn everybody hating on golf hurts my feelings. I will say baseball was my first love I was actually better at baseball then golf

Growing up,  golf was my forth choice for playing...played baseball, basketball and tennis until I aged out of the first two,  and then had enough elbow problems that my tennis career ended when I was only about 25 or 26.      Started golf about then and have been playing for 50 years.....

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Growing up,  golf was my forth choice for playing...played baseball, basketball and tennis until I aged out of the first two,  and then had enough elbow problems that my tennis career ended when I was only about 25 or 26.      Started golf about then and have been playing for 50 years.....

best part about golf

after consecutive DPs when lead off runner got on, MSU decided to sac bunt the next time and got the runner to second.....and in scoring position....but two ground outs leave the guy on 3rd...

lots of sharply hit balls but DPs and solid defense has both teams scoreless in the 4th...

Still scoreless after 5.   Both teams are getting opportunities but nobody can get the hit when they need it.  Sounds familiar.  

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that's OK nothing wrong with that but damn everybody hating on golf hurts my feelings. I will say baseball was my first love I was actually better at baseball then golf

So what's your take on the conditions at Shinnecok?  The old girl was kicking ass and taking names today.  Finau and Berger in the final pairing tomorrow, that ought to send the ratings soaring :-\

Maroons making it pretty easy for the Udub pitcher....what was that a 5 or 6 pitch inning ?  a very quick up and down...hope the MSU  pitcher did not figure it was a good time for a quick visit to the WC. 

Just now, AU64 said:

Maroons making it pretty easy for the Udub pitcher....what was that a 5 or 6 pitch inning ?  a very quick up and down...hope the MSU  pitcher did not figure it was a good time for a quick visit to the WC. 

It's been that way the entire game.  He's at like 62 pitches in 6 innings.  

Walkoff win for MSU...really well played ballgame....CWS quality...

Just now, AU64 said:

Walkoff win for MSU...really well played ballgame....CWS quality...

Agree....unlike the first one with all of the errors. 

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I was poisoned against golf at an early age, around eight or so. My grandpa played high-level amateur baseball until he was well into his 50's. One morning we were sitting at the kitchen table, me with the sports page and he with the "news" part of the newspaper. I saw a golf article and asked him what kind of game golf was. He replied: "It's a game for men that are too old to play baseball." That ended my interest in golf! :)

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was poisoned against golf at an early age, around eight or so. My grandpa played high-level amateur baseball until he was well into his 50's. One morning we were sitting at the kitchen table, me with the sports page and he with the "news" part of the newspaper. I saw a golf article and asked him what kind of game golf was. He replied: "It's a game for men that are too old to play baseball." That ended my interest in golf! :)

Two observations.....1...he was correct though many baseball players have more than a passing interest in golf

2....apparently you did not think you would ever grow old......which surprisingly you did...:)

13 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

So what's your take on the conditions at Shinnecok?  The old girl was kicking ass and taking names today.  Finau and Berger in the final pairing tomorrow, that ought to send the ratings soaring :-\

Have no problem with the conditions play the course that's given to you. All the players are playing the same course. Really there is only a few players that help ratings and they didn't even make the cut.

Archived