NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

14 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm going with the Huskies since it's their first time in the CWS and they are the only underdog in Omaha. 

I was pulling for the Huskies too, but mainly because they were playing a team from the SEC that wasn't Auburn.    I really hate that state won it, but oh well. 

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last game was tense......always looked to me that MSU was the better team but they could not make a clutch hit and could have easily lost it....but DPs saved both teams throughout the game. 

I like the Tarheels for whatever reason that I cannot seem to put my finger on. I guess living in NC kind of makes me want to pull for them.  I hope Arky & UF bite the bullet early and often. MSU is an intriguing team no doubt, and one that could win it all. If they win it all, you would think that this would be enough to give the gig to Gary Henderson. You know folks, how often do you find a coach who could put out a barn fire and take a team to the promised land? MSU would be stupid to not give Henderson the gig. I know there is talk that whoever gets the mutt gig will pay Henderson $500,000.00 to remain as the pitching coach.

Butch already has his pitching coach and would be very unlikely to part ways with Coach Smith. The mutts already have a top notch pitching coach name Geautreaux or however you spell it. I do not see Butch leaving Auburn and will get a handsome pay increase along with his staff. AD Greene needs to get the contract with Butch done this week as early as possible.

Weather delay for the Arky -Texas game......Arky with the lead in the 6th.....5-2

2 hour 47 minute delay and they are playing again.  Pitcher came out for Texas, faced 3 batters and didn't record an out.  2 singles and a hit batter.  Still no outs and its 8-2 Porkers and the bases are loaded after the hit batter.

Another SEC team moving along in the CWS....like it or not, there are going to be at least two and probably three in the winner's bracket by end of the day. 

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Another SEC team moving along in the CWS....like it or not, there are going to be at least two and probably three in the winner's bracket by end of the day. 

As much as I hate to say it, but the porkers look like a tough team to beat.  I have never cared for Arkansas since they joined the SEC.  If I had to pull for any SEC team at this moment it would be MSU. Arkansas could be be the best of the SEC schools. I am pulling for UNC I guess being that I live in NC and have good friends who are UNC fans.

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Right you are!

It won't be a popular opinion in here but I'm pulling for the SEC teams. All three teams are very good and well coached.  It Just Means More!!

FL and TTech are just now in the top of the 2nd. I won't get to finish the game.....but GUNS UP RED RAIDERS!!! Shoot those gators right out of the CWS.

UF looking mighty ragged.....gonna lose this game if the don't get their act together..

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

UF looking mighty ragged.....gonna lose this game if the don't get their act together..

Hated to see them lose. No love for the gators but just pulling for SEC.

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Hated to see them lose. No love for the gators but just pulling for SEC.

Understand...I watched about 3 or 4 innings and saw no reason to root for the gators.  They did not appear ready to play....only charged with one error but several "should have/ could have been made" plays that were not worthy of a CWS team.    They better get their act together or they will be gone next game 

Washington leads Oregon State 5-4 in the top of the 6th inning.  They are in an extended weather delay.  OSU has the bases loaded with 2 outs.  

At this rate, the CWS may take 3 weeks to finish instead of 2 weeks. 

Wash got off to an early   3-0 lead and the beavers caught them and went ahead an inning or so later......and Udub then rallied to go up 5-4 as noted above.   Lots of ball left to play at the rate the game has been moving it's gonna take a while..... And another game tonight....perhaps? 

After sitting for over 4-1/2 hours, OSU sends the same pitcher out to the mound.  He had only thrown 16 pitches but I'm not sure about the move.  Thoughts?

OSU really has some bats....opened it up and now leads 9-5 

I felt like OSU was the most solid team and the team to beat.  Then they lost the first game, and that makes it very hard to go all the way.  Your pitching has to be deep.  

Just saw where FSU's Mike Martin will retire at the end of next season.  I guess they are giving him a farewell tour. 

As for OSU....ESPN giving the school and Heimlich a total pass this week.   Early in their first game, heard one commentator make vague reference to it and suggest that if anyone has interest they could go on-line and get the details.....and that has been that.  Otherwise, they keep his mug on the screen off and on during the game and talk about his record, etc....but have not heard them make any reference to his failure to be drafted or explain it …even when talking about the other four first round draftees on the team.  

Wonder where that decision got made......probably came all the way to the top at ABC or Disney or whoever owns ESPN these days. 

Archived