NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, around4ever said:

After sitting for over 4-1/2 hours, OSU sends the same pitcher out to the mound.  He had only thrown 16 pitches but I'm not sure about the move.  Thoughts?

Borderline. The warm up, cool down, warm up cycle cant be that great for him. The team doctor and head coach are supposed to know more about it than I do. If I had an option, I'd probably put somebody else out there and let that guy go in the next game. By tomorrow 16 pitches shouldn't be any consideration.

I recall during the regionals that a couple schools used the same pitcher in both games of a double header in relief.    I think in those instances, the guys had a modest number of pitches in the first game.  In the game yesterday, when the OSU guy came back in, the game was still being contested and likely the coach felt he was still the best option and not at risk after just 17 pitches.     

I saw a comment from a team mate saying the delay helped the freshman ….allowed him to calm down some and when he went back out he was definitely on his game.....Udub did nothing with him.

MSU with grand slam in the 2nd jumps out in front of UNC by 4-1 score......came on 1-2 pitch with 2 outs......a big time hit....no doubt by their #9 hitter 

Bottom of 5th...both pitchers worked out of some problems....especially MSU,  but nobody able to push another run across and score remains 4-1 with MSU ahead.

15 hours ago, around4ever said:

OSU came out on fire after the weather delay.  The Huskies could never get back on track.  

OSU moves on. 

OK....so now my team is Texas Tech....or any team that's not FL or OSU.

Well….MSU with a chance to finish off the heels today....bases loaded, none out, top of 8th and maroons up 4-2.    Had been a tight game, especially for the UNC pitching which was solid whereas MSU was in and out of trouble but managed not to give up anything big

UNC pitching change.... 

Well pitching wedge out into left field by the LH batter.....outside corner pitch and the batter just punched in over the 3Bs head to drive in one

And next batter hits first pitch through for another run driven in.. 

now 6-2 and still  no outs..

And bases still loaded of course....

Hard bouncer handcuffs the 3B who can't handle it... and everyone moves up one base and another run in.

Pitcher is snake bit ...nothing hit hard but three runs in and no outs yet....

Well  UNC error lets another run score....and JMO but you can put this one in the WIN column for MSU....

I'm not sure why the UNC coach is using so many pitchers at this point.  The game is out of reach and he will need pitchers tomorrow and going forward if they can win. 

NC is a much better team than they are showing today. Moreover, they may be losing their next game by burning through those pitchers. 

Florida up 1-0 on Texas but not looking sharp....would not surprise me to see them out today.

Bottom of the fifth..UF still up 1-0 despite some base running gaffs and generally suspect defense...

Florida needs to work on moving their runners along. lead-off batter with a double ….on 2nd, no outs...Horvath can't get a bunt down and pops to short center....runner holds.   Next batter is hitting away....and takes strike 3 looking

Two outs now...next batter walks.....

Finally single up the middle to bring in the runner from second. 

Runners on first and 3rd and India parks one in the LF bleachers and gators take a 5-0 lead. 

Earlier in the game the gators had the bases loaded with no outs and did not get a run in. 

Kowar having to work hard.....had been getting little help from his offense...UF gives him some breathing room....now up 5-0

The more games MSU wins hopefully turns into less a chance they come after BT. Hopefully MSU will give the head coach job to the interim head coach. 

34 minutes ago, FUZZYAUFAN said:

The more games MSU wins hopefully turns into less a chance they come after BT. Hopefully MSU will give the head coach job to the interim head coach. 

It seems to be causing a great deal of controversy on sports radio that the interim has not been offered the job.  I hope they keep winning. 

27 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

It seems to be causing a great deal of controversy on sports radio that the interim has not been offered the job.  I hope they keep winning. 

I believe someone on here a week or two ago said that he does not want to be the head coach. 

That’s what I thought too but he did an interview on espnu radio and indicated he was interested. Think that’s what caused all of the talk.  I’ve heard at least two on espnu saying he deserves the job. Heard the interview with the AD as well and he was noncommittal.  The talking heads are enjoying it. (Much easier to talk about over the OSU pitcher controversy ?)

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

That’s what I thought too but he did an interview on espnu radio and indicated he was interested. Think that’s what caused all of the talk.  I’ve heard at least two on espnu saying he deserves the job. Heard the interview with the AD as well and he was noncommittal.  The talking heads are enjoying it. (Much easier to talk about over the OSU pitcher controversy ?)

Yep ANYTHING to keep from talking about OSU's decision to put the guy on scholarship...or why no MLB teams (who have little in the way of scruples) have drafted him …..  though I bet he has a contract by August...

Archived