NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

OSU may or may not win this game but IMO, they are the better team overall....but lots of stuff (and calls) have not gone their way and have to give the piggies credit for making the most out of their opportunities.....

I think they're pretty evenly matched with regard to talent. Arky is just playing a little better.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, around4ever said:

I've thought since the regionals that they were the most talented team top to bottom, offense, defense and pitching in the tournament.  

MLB would agree with you.....some top draftees this year... and then Heimlich and that catcher who is quite good and was not draft eligible.....

That catcher is a player......don't know how to avoid him but he just about always get some solid wood/aluminum/or whatever those bats are made of these days...

And another sac bunt by OSU advances the runner to second with one out.... …...and another pitcher for the hawgs…….Loeske has had a great series. 

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That catcher is a player......don't know how to avoid him but he just about always get some solid wood/aluminum/or whatever those bats are made of these days...

And another sac bunt by OSU advances the runner to second with one out.... …...and another pitcher for the hawgs…….Loeske has had a great series. 

The catcher is also the kicker on their football team.  

That OSU closer has a mean breaking ball....froze those piggie batters...….they looked helpless when that thing came drifting across the middle of the plate. 

SO......this is probably it....one way or the other.....

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Fundamental bunting is pretty much a lost art in college baseball.  The bunt last inning was excellent. The technique was very good.  That pop up was not. The batter had too much arm movement instead of bending husband knees to move the bat. 

OSU knows what to do with it however.....sounds like that's a big part of their offense....mostly to get their big hitters to the plate with a runner in scoring position....and did it again

Well that pop fly into foul territory was really a costly mistake......playable by two or three different guys and apparently the only guy who could not make the play had called off the other two....

So we have a tie game at 3 with two outs in the top of the ninth...and the meat of the OSU lineup coming to the plate....

Unbelievable …...HR just clears the fence....and now it's 5-3.  Arky pitcher was left in too long.....

Oh my!  Arky down to their last strike and OSU ties it up then get a homerun to take. 5-3 lead.   They are very scary and never give up.  

That is the kind of thing that could propel OSU to the Championship.  It has to deflate Arky and give the Beavers life. 

The OSU closer makes a "look what I found" play to get the DP.  On to tomorrow.  It may be hard for the Hogs to overcome being that close to winning it all and letting it slip away. 

18 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The OSU closer makes a "look what I found" play to get the DP.  On to tomorrow.  It may be hard for the Hogs to overcome being that close to winning it all and letting it slip away. 

Guess we will see how good VanHorn is if he can get them to shake off this disaster.....blew a relatively routine play...and giving a team like OSU a second chance was too much......

That second baseman went all rogue and I think he is the only one that wouldn't have made the catch.  When it dropped, I called the homer but missed it by a batter.  It was just scripted to happen as it usually does when you make that type of mistake to give a guy a chance. 

Beavers chomped 'em! Win one more tomorrow and send the squealers back to the Ozarks.

By the way, tonight's home plate ump was the worst I've seen since back before this tournament started. I'll give him that he was impartially horrible but that's as kind as I can be.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Beavers chomped 'em! Win one more tomorrow and send the squealers back to the Ozarks.

By the way, tonight's home plate ump was the worst I've seen since back before this tournament started. I'll give him that he was impartially horrible but that's as kind as I can be.

There must have been close to 30 K's tonight.....batters not knowing what the strike zone was....  Ump sure did not know....so batters were forced to swing at about everything

Sorry...only about 20 strikeouts...

Be advised...if you care

For reasons probably known only to ESPN,  the game tonight will start at 5:30 CT.....earlier than the previous two games.  

Will be interesting to see how the piggies react to letting that game (and the CWS) get away last night.....

Game underway and Campbell on the mound for Arky..... The question of the day....( what will the strike zone look like tonight )  

And a quick answer....yesterday's outside strike is a ball tonight.....at least at the moment.

Meanwhile, Campbell hits a batter with 2 strikes and the hot OSU hitters are headed toward the plate....

And OSU has the pressure on already....one out...runners on 1st and 3rd......OSU two top hitters both have 14 hits in the CWS.....what's that at least 2 per game at this point....including several HRs.….tough to make it past these two guys without giving up something...

And another hit past 3rd brings in a run.....possible play for 3B but did not get his glove on it..

Looks like the arky starter might not get out of the first inning....

Arky has some tough defensive plays....makes a couple and missed a couple and OSU ends up with a 2-0 lead and the piggies are fortunate it is no worse than that....

Arky hitters need to shake off the dust....they have been clearly outhit by OSU in the first two games....especially last night....

Archived