NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fielders choice at 2nd base.  Close play.  Called out. 

Fly out to RF.  2 outs runners on 1st and 3rd.  

14 minutes ago, around4ever said:

So if they can't get any games in today UF wins by default being the 2-0 team.  Maybe that is the plan.  

Looking at the weather channel, it looks like the Gainesville area should be clear by 6:00 Eastern. No reason they can't get one today. Anybody know if there is a time limit as far as how late a regional game can be started? 

Can someone explain to me what kinda weather delay they're having in Gainesville? ESPN BasesLoaded keeps showing a shot of the field with blue skies. :dunno:

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Seen some chatter that Giants are taking Cole Wynn and Detroit would take Joey Bart at #1. 

I wonder if it is a negotiating ploy.  Of course, Mize could always pull the "I'm going back to Auburn" card. (I know that would never happen but I can selfishly dream)

11 minutes ago, AUTigerCourt said:

Can someone explain to me what kinda weather delay they're having in Gainesville? ESPN BasesLoaded keeps showing a shot of the field with blue skies. :dunno:

I have been checking radar since noon.  It didn't show any rain until around 2:30PM CDT.   There must have been some lightning in the area.  

3 minutes ago, AUEagle14 said:

UGA/Duke has already started.

Yep.  They didn't waste any time.  It is on espn2. 

46 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Double play!!  15-5 going to the bottom of the 9th. 

the ever faithful right fielder-as pitcher induced double play ball ...

30 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Looking at the weather channel, it looks like the Gainesville area should be clear by 6:00 Eastern. No reason they can't get one today. Anybody know if there is a time limit as far as how late a regional game can be started? 

lord have mercy ... come on FAU! win this first game at 11:59 tonight.  Would that not be epic!

BTW, wasnt it Florida who jacked around some teams last year in baseball and cut a game that the other team was winning???

5 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I wonder if it is a negotiating ploy.  Of course, Mize could always plat the "I'm going back to Auburn" card. (I know that would never happen but I can selfishly dream)

Think it’s something else. Not sure what though. Looks like he’ll still go to Detroit 

29 minutes ago, AUTigerCourt said:

It's probably a mosquito delay.  After a good rain, we got mosquitoes that'll carry you off.

:beer2:

25 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

the ever faithful right fielder-as pitcher induced double play ball ...

Where was this guy when they needed him 8 runs ago.?

Georgia gonna lose that game.....UGA pitcher looks like he is throwing batting practice …...and Duke batters are ripping....could have been two HRs instead of just one... now up 4-2.

Probably both teams just looking for any pitcher who can get a few outs....

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

FAU has plated 3 runs in the 3rd and still no outs and 2 on. 

Where's the YES! button! GO OWLS!

I do not like the DullDawgs, the WallerGators can take a leap, if Ol' Miss loses out I won't lose any sleep!

Archived