NCAA Baseball Tournament Thread

Nothing for arky and they were down quickly in top of second inning.....2-0 in favor of OSU...

OSU in bottom of the 2nd. and no threat by beavers......up and down so we go to top of 3rd...

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to help a neighbor cut up and move some big limbs that fell across his driveway during the severe thunderstorm we had earlier.  I missed the first 2 innings. Thanks for the updates 64.  Now I know what I missed. 

Arky loads bases with one out and leaves 'em stranded....

assistant for Arkansas just got tossed for running his mouth about balls and strikes.     Head coach failed miserably doing his job there.  He should have gone over and shut the assistant up, but just stood there and did nothing and let the idiot show his ass.   It's not the assistants job to question balls and strikes or any umpires call.   Glad he got tossed.  He was warned several times in that sequence and wouldn't shut up.  Time to go home early.

6 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

assistant for Arkansas just got tossed for running his mouth about balls and strikes.     Head coach failed miserably doing his job there.  He should have gone over and shut the assistant up, but just stood there and did nothing and let the idiot show his ass.   It's not the assistants job to question balls and strikes or any umpires call.   Glad he got tossed.  He was warned several times in that sequence and wouldn't shut up.  Time to go home early.

The pigs had a gripe but you are correct, it's not his place. Van Horn should have shut him up and then went out to the mound and waited on the umpire to come out. 

16 minutes ago, around4ever said:

The pigs had a gripe but you are correct, it's not his place. Van Horn should have shut him up and then went out to the mound and waited on the umpire to come out. 

Could be that VH decided to let his assistant do the dirty work.....but whatever, umpiring for the CWS is not up the level of the game or the play.   Players and coaches have to be frustrated by the moving strike zone and hope the NCAA takes a look at the entire thing.....the crap about what is reviewable and the inconsistent umpiring  gives the impression that NCAA treats baseball and the CWS as a second class championship.....well, that and the scholarship situation for baseball.   

They would never have these type issues at the football championship or the Final Four in basketball. 

And top of the 5th and arky just not getting it done on offense....had a couple opportunities to get some runs of the board but could not get a timely hit and are up and down in order.

And the big guns for OSU are due up again this inning....

Well, new pitcher in for arky.....comes in with 1-1 count on the batter, two runners on base and one out....interesting how college coaches will pull a pitcher in the middle of a count.  I guess it has happened in the BIGS but I sure can't recall seeing it unless there was an injury.  

Well Abel is still in there going to the 8th...only 2 hits tonight......totally handcuffed the piggies….thus far.   He has a 4-0 lead so some room for OSU to give him a little room to work. 

No hesitancy on part of OSU to sac bunt and a very high success rate.....every time they get a single the guy is on 2nd within a few pitches....

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

I had to help a neighbor cut up and move some big limbs that fell across his driveway during the severe thunderstorm we had earlier.  I missed the first 2 innings. Thanks for the updates 64.  Now I know what I missed. 

I picked up limbs in my yard, and in the swimming pool for 3 hours today from a bad storm; still have a tree resting on the house with a limb through my son's bedroom, but could have been worse. Knocked the basketball goal down ,  broke my Auburn Flag pole ( I saved the flag), I thought it was a tornado but I guess it was just a severe thunderstorm.

kid from OSU pitched a championship game...totally shut down the piggies….20 straight batters retired.   OSU a really good team.....arkie gave them a good battle but not enough weapons ….

5 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

I picked up limbs in my yard, and in the swimming pool for 3 hours today from a bad storm; still have a tree resting on the house with a limb through my son's bedroom, but could have been worse. Knocked the basketball goal down ,  broke my Auburn Flag pole ( I saved the flag), I thought it was a tornado but I guess it was just a severe thunderstorm.

sorry to hear about the damage...been a tough summer across the southeast .....all the way over to our area in NC too.....

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

sorry to hear about the damage...been a tough summer across the southeast .....all the way over to our area in NC too.....

Thankful nobody got hurt although they said one person was killed when a tree fell through his car while driving down the road, and a woman in Huntsville was struck by lightning today.

A few observations on a tournament that I really enjoyed watching.

That OSU pitcher was incredible tonight. Hats off!

If I could "steal" one player from college baseball to play for AU next year, it would be the OSU catcher.

I don't now if OSU coaches/practices bunting to the extreme or recruits guys with the knack for it, but their success rate is way above average. I still don't think a sacrifice is smart baseball but they did get some good out of it. Most college teams run about 25% positive plays with a bunt. In this series at least, OSU was better than that.

I love happy endings and the pigs lost! :)

Good Job Beavers!

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

If I could "steal" one player from college baseball to play for AU next year, it would be the OSU catcher.

I don't now if OSU coaches/practices bunting to the extreme or recruits guys with the knack for it, but their success rate is way above average. I still don't think a sacrifice is smart baseball but they did get some good out of it. Most college teams run about 25% positive plays with a bunt. In this series at least, OSU was better than that.

Dam Good Job Beavers!

Couldn't resist adding to your post. ?

M

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Good Job Beavers!

We don't agree on sac bunting as we have discussed before.  In certain situations, I still think a sac bunt is the right call.  The Beavers proved that when executed properly, it is beneficial.  Every player on the roster should know or be taught proper bunting technique.  It should be worked on every batting practice.  

Congrats to Arkansas on their post season run.  The team and fans represented the SEC well. They could very well be back in Omaha next season (along with our Tigers). 

Archived