Pitcher Kara Bilodeau transfers

SIAP but with Kara leaving that's 3 of the 8 ladies from the Freshman class that has left AU. Also we only signed 3 this past November. I would be surprised if we don't have some transfers coming in.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ellitor said:

SIAP but with Kara leaving that's 3 of the 8 ladies from the Freshman class that has left AU. Also we only signed 3 this past November. I would be surprised if we don't have some transfers coming in.

Another way to put that might be "We'll be in deep doo-doo if we don't have some transfers coming in."  :)

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

There may be some real nice pitching help coming. Can't say more as that would go against the rumor policy.

If that's possible, then maybe Bilodeau also knows, and sees her spot go from possibly top 2 to now 4th so she decided to transfer?

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hmm.  So much for that #2 class.  I liked what I saw from Kara in the short amount of time she was out there. Didn't she finish with a 0.00 Era? I would think her minutes would expand this year with Kaylee gone.  Curious to who we see on the team next year with Dean bringing players in himself. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

We will certainly have room for them.  As of now, we would start the fall with 22 players.  Myers started the season in 2016 with 30.

4 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

We will certainly have room for them.  As of now, we would start the fall with 23 players.  Myers started the season in 2016 with 30.

Any limit on the number that can be brought in during a year?   Looks like there might be a lot of spots available though I have no idea how much athletic scholarship money CMD will have available. ..maybe some academic money out there for some of the better students.  

26 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

What is James Madison’s pitching staff like?  Would players transfer from there?

Well Megan Good was a senior this year, so she won't be coming unless ... grad transfer? She probably used all her eligibility cuz I doubt she sat a year. 

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

If that's possible, then maybe Bilodeau also knows, and sees her spot go from possibly top 2 to now 4th so she decided to transfer?

I guess it's possible but if you are looking for me to make that leap I can't.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Any limit on the number that can be brought in during a year?

No but no more than 25 can be on scholly.

FWIW I just found out Clint carried more players on roster when he was here than most D1 schools. He always carried 25 to 30. Most schools only carry 15-20 players. It's possible Dean likes smaller roster & may be down sizing to acommodate it. In his 5 years at JMU he averaged a roster size of 21.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No but no more than 25 can be on scholly.

FWIW I just found out Clint carried more players on roster when he was here than most D1 schools. He always carried 25 to 30. Most schools only carry 15-20 players. It's possible Dean likes smaller roster & may be down sizing to acommodate it. In his 5 years at JMU he averaged a roster size of 21.

Thanks...I noticed when I looked at CMD's roster at JMU that he did not have many players on it.  Might have been a financial thing there and with other D-I schools ....or maybe philosophical ...but if you have room it seems worthwhile to have a full roster and maybe redshirt a few.  

Will be interesting to see what Dean does since he probably has the resources to do whatever he wants...

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...I noticed when I looked at CMD's roster at JMU that he did not have many players on it.  Might have been a financial thing there and with other D-I schools ....or maybe philosophical ...but if you have room it seems worthwhile to have a full roster and maybe redshirt a few.   

Simple numbers game. The fewer girls you have on roster & can field a goot team the more scholly money you can give each girl. Florida only has 19 for example.

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Simple numbers game. The fewer girls you have on roster & can field a goot team the more scholly money you can give each girl. Florida only has 19 for example.

I guess our problem was that we had a big roster but most could barely hit their weight.

15 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I guess our problem was that we had a big roster but most could barely hit their weight.

Kinda difficult to be a good hitting team when you go through 3 hitting coaches in a matter of months.

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Well Megan Good was a senior this year, so she won't be coming unless ... grad transfer? She probably used all her eligibility cuz I doubt she sat a year. 

Actually, she did sit out this year.

https://jmusports.com/news/2018/1/19/jmus-megan-good-to-miss-2018-softball-season.aspx

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Kinda difficult to be a good hitting team when you go through 3 hitting coaches in a matter of months.

Only a big issue if each had different theories.. And if that was the case...which nobody has claimed......but if so, ....that is on CMD.  He should have recognized the problem.  Half the team hit below .200 in SEC play.

56 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Only a big issue if each had different theories.. And if that was the case...which nobody has claimed......but if so, ....that is on CMD.  He should have recognized the problem.  Half the team hit below .200 in SEC play.

You could see it in interviews they did with the University.  The coach then that ended up going to Louisiana  said he wanted the hitters to be aggressive And focus on power. Kettelhut Said he wanted them to be more patient and not worry about Power as much.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

You could see it in interviews they did with the University.  The coach then that ended up going to Louisiana  said he wanted the hitters to be aggressive And focus on power. Kettelhut Said he wanted them to be more patient and not worry about Power as much.

Understand but the guy went to Louisiana before the season even got under way and had not spent any serious time with the players......so I'm guessing that the current hitting coach is the issue....and not any confusion....maybe wrong philosophy for the players we have or something.....Rivera was far from patient ..that's  for sure.

So...have you heard what the plan is now?  

On 5/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, steeleagle said:

I Agree, especially with the Meyer's investigation and their leaving still fresh in everyone's mind. It could be a wait and see position for players looking to play for Dean.

OFC, the other reason is how good does his staff recruit? Recruiting in the SEC is a lot different that recruiting where he came from. 

A lot of unknowns. 

I don't think the Myers investigation, which has long ended, plays a part in anything.  However, Dean's likability plays a big role.

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would be thrilled with being an average hitting team in the SEC at this point.

Thank you Coach Myers....for bending us over and royally $&@“); us. ?

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Thank you Coach Myers....for bending us over and royally $&@“); us. ?

I don't get your point. Before Coach Myers, we were a bottom feeder in SEC softball and had he not come here we'd probably still be fighting to not be the odd, only team left out of the SEC tournament. Instead we've got two CWS appearances, a vastly improved facility and fans that expect success. Nobody likes how it ended, but we owe a lot to Coach Myers.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't get your point. Before Coach Myers, we were a bottom feeder in SEC softball and had he not come here we'd probably still be fighting to not be the odd, only team left out of the SEC tournament. Instead we've got two CWS appearances, a vastly improved facility and fans that expect success. Nobody likes how it ended, but we owe a lot to Coach Myers.

Yep..and the challenge now is not to return to the pre-Myer days when few people knew we  played the sport or ever watched a game.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep..and the challenge now is not to return to the pre-Myer days when few people knew we  played the sport or ever watched a game.

Not happening. Softball has become very big, especially in the SEC.

Archived