Fried chicken

McLoofus

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Best beer pairing for fried chicken? Popeye's... spicy...

That’s a great question. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never had beer with fried chicken...?

12 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That’s a great question. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve never had beer with fried chicken...?

So it seems crazy but I'd venture a guess that it's not uncommon among craft beer drinkers.

I think I'm going to start with Sierra Nevada BFD (Beer for Drinking). I'm not looking for a challenge or a miracle. Just something to compliment my spicy Popeye's. I only get it 3-4 times a year.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So it seems crazy but I'd venture a guess that it's not uncommon among craft beer drinkers.

I think I'm going to start with Sierra Nevada BFD (Beer for Drinking). I'm not looking for a challenge or a miracle. Just something to compliment my spicy Popeye's. I only get it 3-4 times a year.

My God I love Popeyes....

42 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Damn!

Was thinking to suggest your Envie (good pairing) earlier but, remembering that was one the rare few I could now reach but that he still couldn't, I was patiently waiting for you to be the messenger.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Damn!

Was thinking to suggest your Envie (good pairing) earlier but, remembering that was one the rare few I could now reach but that he still couldn't, I was patiently waiting for you to be the messenger.

My apologies to Hermes. My messenger skills are lacking.

Envie would be a nice one. I really think that IPL I posted the other day (At Arms Length) would be fantastic. Light, crisp, nice mouthfeel.

I'd find a nice sour to go with it. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My God I love Popeyes....

Turns out I still do, too.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Damn!

I learn a little bit more from you about being a gentleman every day.

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Now I am hungry?........I still want to know what a Dyer's hamburger tastes like?

Me too! Don't know what it is but I want one real bad now.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Envie would be a nice one. I really think that IPL I posted the other day (At Arms Length) would be fantastic. Light, crisp, nice mouthfeel.

So the SN BFD shares some of those characteristics. Light, crisp, dry, maybe just a hint of citrus tartness. Not bone dry like a lot of pilsners but very much in the same wheelhouse. The citrus aspect wasn't *perfect* with the flavors of the chicken but it wasn't far off. You could do a lot worse for your tailgate than to have a bucket of bird and a few of those 19.2 oz stovepipes.

The dessert pairing actually is perfect. Peach and praline pie with Old Forrester 1920. Some days you can't help but focus on the good things.

13 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

One I can't find.

Thanks.

On 5/29/2018 at 6:53 PM, McLoofus said:

A little research dug up several gose recs.

Pairs very well nice salty, spicy fried chicken. 

Archived