2019 4* LB Trezmen Marshall (UGA 4/27/18)

ellitor

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Should make you excited more than nervous.

I know, but anything uga related makes me cautiously optimistic. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Ole bowlcut recruiting other ILB's might've rubbed him the wrong way.

Actually he is recruiting others because of the traction we have gained.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually he is recruiting others because of the traction we have gained.

Oh yeah. " Just cuz I'm taking a liking of AU you want to get ready to cut bait well lemme go and join OP then".

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Oh yeah. " Just cuz I'm taking a liking of AU you want to get ready to cut bait well lemme go and join OP then".

Not cutting bait. It’s called being smart and having a contingency plan.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

2 crystal balls for FSU today

Couldn't pay me enough to go to FSU or live in Tallahassee over Auburn. Not confident they're going to be instantly successful again and I can't stand that town.

Still lots of time to put work in on Trez

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Couldn't pay me enough to go to FSU or live in Tallahassee over Auburn. Not confident they're going to be instantly successful again and I can't stand that town.

Still lots of time to put work in on Trez

The bagman has intervened.

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Yup. Very serious threat. He may be about to take a 3rd visit there is 2 or 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

The bagman has intervened.

I mean honestly compare the two programs and cities. Only thing they have to offer that we don't is an ugly color scheme that reminds me of ketchup and mustard on a hot dog.

Full disclosure I live too close to Tallahassee and I'm not a big fan of their fanbase.

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Could be that place suits him better. "Committed" to UGA, flirting with AU, now the same with FSU...maybe his next trip will be to Miami or Penn State? I keep hearing about all the options we have at LB this year. Let's press on with some of those guys until/unless Marshall decides where he really wants to settle.

In light of this guy's behavior I can understand why UGA is seeking out others.

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Only thing they have to offer that we don't is an ugly color scheme that reminds me of ketchup and mustard on a hot dog

As much as FSU annoys the hell out of me  I love the Garnet and Gold. To be honest I think it’s one of the better color schemes in college football.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

As much as FSU annoys the hell out of me  I love the Garnet and Gold. To be honest I think it’s one of the better color schemes in college football.

Try having to use it in every creative way you can think of in dozens of architectural projects over the last 15 years.  I can't suggest anything that's remotely orange or blue on that campus or I get hand slapped.  It's the darkest, dingiest color palette you could think of for interior spaces.

As long as he doesn't go to UGA.  That is the worse of two evils if he doesn't commit to us.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Could be that place suits him better. "Committed" to UGA, flirting with AU, now the same with FSU...maybe his next trip will be to Miami

Feel free to suggest some lotto numbers, Mikey.

You might have a point there. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Feel free to suggest some lotto numbers, Mikey.

You might have a point there.

Just took an OV to the Vols FWIW.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Man. Busy kid. 

If people were paying for me to get fawned over for a few days while talking about the stuff I love, I'd be busy too :)

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

If people were paying for me to get fawned over for a few days while talking about the stuff I love, I'd be busy too :)

Absolutely, but as @Mikey pointed out, he's "committed" to uga while all this is going on, there has been serious talk that he's a silent to AU, he's getting crystal balls to FSU, he just OVed to UT and now he's trying to get to Miami. The Miami trip makes *perfect* sense from an "enjoying the process" perspective, but otherwise he's not coming across as the most dependable, stable guy. I try not to begrudge these guys their emotional fluctuations during an often arduous and always consequential process that I could never begin to understand, but it's hard not to let the term "hot mess" creep into the old melon. 

Edit: And he's obviously telling a lot of competing groups what they want to hear, when it can only be true for one of them. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Absolutely, but as @Mikey pointed out, he's "committed" to uga while all this is going on, there has been serious talk that he's a silent to AU, he's getting crystal balls to FSU, he just OVed to UT and now he's trying to get to Miami. The Miami trip makes *perfect* sense from an "enjoying the process" perspective, but otherwise he's not coming across as the most dependable, stable guy. I try not to begrudge these guys their emotional fluctuations during an often arduous and always consequential process that I could never begin to understand, but it's hard not to let the term "hot mess" creep into the old melon. 

To be honest, if I lived in Georgia, I'd probably be "committed" to Georgia, too, until very late in the process, just to keep people off my back. From everything I've read, the UGA fans are freaking relentless and can be pretty awful to kids who commit elsewhere.

In the case of Marshall, however, after looking at his Twitter page per a post above, I honestly think he's playing with people. I'm definitely not sold on his public personality.

Incidentally, the trip that doesn't make sense is Tennessee. Makes you wonder what stops Pruitt is pulling out to get kids like this to burn an OV on Knoxville. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

now he's trying to get to Miami.

Haven't heard anything on Miami. I think that was just Mikey saying where will this kid visit as in he would visit a lot of places given the opportunity.

Archived