2019 4* LB Trezmen Marshall (UGA 4/27/18)

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Haven't heard anything on Miami. I think that was just Mikey saying where will this kid visit as in he would visit a lot of places given the opportunity.

His twitter feed says "I want to go to Miami".

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

Haven't heard anything on Miami. I think that was just Mikey saying where will this kid visit as in he would visit a lot of places given the opportunity.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Oh. I only looked at the Auburn themed header on his account. Don't read recruit tweets to often. lol

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Oh. I only looked at the Auburn themed header on his account. Don't read recruit tweets to often. lol

Nor I, but in this case this really knowledgeable recruiting enthusiast pointed it out...

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* LB Trezmen Marshall (UGA 4/27/18)
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Incidentally, the trip that doesn't make sense is Tennessee. Makes you wonder what stops Pruitt is pulling out to get kids like this to burn an OV on Knoxville. 

Not sure how it will end up for JP at UT, but he recruits like he coaches: very aggressively. He is another one of those coaches kids refer to as relentless. And he is selling early playing time like crazy. 

5 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

And he is selling early playing time like crazy.

Well, we know he's not lying about that....

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Well, we know he's not lying about that....

That's the truth lol

I bet they could get good playing time at Marshall too... There's a reason

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Nor I, but in this case this really knowledgeable recruiting enthusiast pointed it out...

If you're referring to me, that was just me giving an example.  I don't do twitters or tweets. Not surprised about Miami though because if you're dead set on touring the Southeast on someone else's dime, why not visit my quaint little ol' home town? Even if it's not tourist season, the girls are hot and the Cuba Libre' rum drinks are cold this time of year.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If you're referring to me, that was just me giving an example.  I don't do twitters or tweets. Not surprised about Miami though because if you're dead set on touring the Southeast on someone else's dime, why not visit my quaint little ol' home town? Even if it's not tourist season, the girls are hot and the Cuba Libre' rum drinks are cold this time of year.

Nope. While I do consider you to be such, I was referring to E, who provided Marshall's Twitter feed, in which he states very explicitly that he wants to go to Miami, which made your post eerily prescient. 

Man, I hope @AUld fAUx@ doesn't read that "sentence". 

Edit: And yeah, hot girls and cold drinks... I would never ever ever turn down the opportunity to OV Miami. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Mikey you don't think a coaching staff would let a 17 or 18 year old look at the hot girls or let them drink an alcoholic beverage do you?

Next you will say some schools have bag men.

LOL

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Mikey you don't think a coaching staff would let a 17 or 18 year old look at the hot girls or let them drink an alcoholic beverage do you?

Next you will say some schools have bag men.

LOL

Down there, if you are tall enough to lay a $5 bill on the bar, you can order your drink and be served. I learned this at age 14. :)

I know Mikey Miami and New Orleans are two of the easiest places I remember that would allow me to drink when I was underage a looonnng time ago.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I love Miami!  I want to retire to Islamorada key and visit Miami often...dreams, such dreams...

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Down there, if you are tall enough to lay a $5 bill on the bar, you can order your drink and be served. I learned this at age 14. :)

I would’ve struggled with the height and $5 at 14.  ?

45 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I love Miami!  I want to retire to Islamorada key and visit Miami often...dreams, such dreams...

Worked in Islamorada, Big Pine and Key West back in the mid 70's. Great place to retire as long as a hurricane doesn't hit..................place got wiped out bad by Irma

10 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Miami of Ohio?  ?

5 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

My great-grandpa settled there in the 1890's. I was the fourth generation of my family to make a living off the 'glades, bays and fields but I did it only briefly. While most of my high school friends made their date and gas money bagging groceries or delivering newspapers, I made mine gathering wild animals and orchids and selling to animal and plant dealers in Miami. I left there at age 17 for a stint in the U. S. Air Force and by the time I got back four years later places we had hunted and fished were paved over into subdivisions and strip malls. What hadn't been paved was grabbed by the National Park.

I turned around, left there and headed to Auburn for college , knowing full well my days in South Florida were over. Took the money my grandpa had left me, bought a place near Dadeville and that was that.

All that's to say, if you like the way things are down there now, good for you and I hope you enjoy retirement there. I don't expect to ever go back, as the rest of my family has bailed out too. One cousin still hangs on in Miami Springs but he'll have to come up here to see me.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Worked in Islamorada, Big Pine and Key West back in the mid 70's. Great place to retire as long as a hurricane doesn't hit..................place got wiped out bad by Irma

And the tarpon fishing......heaven....

20 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My spidy senses tell me he feels he is being wronged by the Georgia staff and has now decided to openly enjoy the recruiting process. I guess his way of getting back at them for looking around at other LB’s. Then again I ain’t spider man. 

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

My spidy senses tell me he feels he is being wronged by the Georgia staff and has now decided to openly enjoy the recruiting process. I guess his way of getting back at them for looking around at other LB’s. Then again I ain’t spider man. 

Makes sense if true, but who started shopping first? Regardless, he seems a bit distracted. 

If he's a good linebacker and a good kid, then I hope he lands with us. 

2 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

It is interesting how this year's Georgia class seems to resemble 2017 a lot more than 2018. While they currently have 3 5*s on the books, there have been occasional rumbles of multiple commits looking around, including at least one of those 5*s.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

It is interesting how this year's Georgia class seems to resemble 2017 a lot more than 2018. While they currently have 3 5*s on the books, there have been occasional rumbles of multiple commits looking around, including at least one of those 5*s.

I dunno. According to 247, they're 2 points clear of the next highest team- bama, of course :violin:- in terms of average recruit score, and a point higher than they finished in 2018. They're 4 points higher than bama finished last year. (We are currently a whopping 1 point clear of such giants as South Carolina and Mississippi State and 6 points behind uga.) 

Given what we think we know about bowl cut, Alaskan's theory might be accurate and uga might be shopping some committed guys' spots around. (Granted, I doubt that's true of Haselwood.) 

Right now I have to assume that their class will be very good. 

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Nope. While I do consider you to be such, I was referring to E, who provided Marshall's Twitter feed, in which he states very explicitly that he wants to go to Miami, which made your post eerily prescient. 

Man, I hope @AUld fAUx@ doesn't read that "sentence". 

Edit: And yeah, hot girls and cold drinks... I would never ever ever turn down the opportunity to OV Miami. 

139A9600-9B83-43A4-BF97-F46AECC00219.gif

Bienvenidos a Miami....

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I dunno. According to 247, they're 2 points clear of the next highest team- bama, of course :violin:- in terms of average recruit score, and a point higher than they finished in 2018. They're 4 points higher than bama finished last year. (We are currently a whopping 1 point clear of such giants as South Carolina and Mississippi State and 6 points behind uga.) 

Given what we think we know about bowl cut, Alaskan's theory might be accurate and uga might be shopping some committed guys' spots around. (Granted, I doubt that's true of Haselwood.) 

Right now I have to assume that their class will be very good. 

Yea, I was speaking more of the atmosphere around it. Last year it was all excitement and people jumping on board and those who were on board were recruiting hard. This year, they landed 3 really big names pretty early and 2 of them, plus a couple of their 4-stars are said to be waffling. As I recall, in 2017, they started out pretty decent and then lost a bunch of guys.  Of course I could be remembering wrong, but I recall people questioning Kirby.

I don't think Georgia will ever not have a very good class, but unless things change, last years "what the hell was that" class may have been an anomaly. 

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea, I was speaking more of the atmosphere around it. Last year it was all excitement and people jumping on board and those who were on board were recruiting hard. This year, they landed 3 really big names pretty early and 2 of them, plus a couple of their 4-stars are said to be waffling. As I recall, in 2017, they started out pretty decent and then lost a bunch of guys.  Of course I could be remembering wrong, but I recall people questioning Kirby.

I don't think Georgia will ever not have a very good class, but unless things change, last years "what the hell was that" class may have been an anomaly. 

Oh wow, didn't know it was that many. Who besides Haselwood and Marshall?

Of course, they pretty much only have big names, but with only 8 commits that's potentially a precarious circumstance. 

Archived