2018: AU vs. LSU Kickoff Set

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I'll never forget it was the last game my dad attended.....with his difficuty climbing steps......as in he would take off to show me my hand on his back was not necessary ?.....I was glad we were seated where we were.........Hot as hell(I wore long sleeve orange Auburn shirt) looked over at dad....his head resting on his hands I rember thinking how good that steak from Lone Star Steakhouse in Montgomery was going to taste?

First interception changed stadium atmosphere.....who knew Jamie Howard would become an honorary Auburn Tiger that day?

Sounds like the type of memory this stuff is made for!

War Eagle.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Nice!

Matter of fact.. we had a smattering of LSU fans near us and they were actually really cool about it.  One even gave us some "well, ya got me" high-fives after each of the last two picks.  Also had a great experience with LSU fans at the SECCG once (2001) when they whipped UT with their backup QB.  Those people can party!!

Granted, I've never been to Red Stick so I don't have those experiences but I've always kinda liked the LSU people I've come across.

LSU folks I know are great.......have had bad experiences each year I have been to Baton Rouge for the exception of 07......phantom whistle game was the worst.......drenced with God knows what trying to leave stadium.

Just now, kevon67 said:

LSU folks I know are great.......have had bad experiences each year I have been to Baton Rouge for the exception of 07......phantom whistle game was the worst.......drenced with God knows what trying to leave stadium.

Yeah, my opinion might change if I were to ever attend a game there.  I certainly understand the disdain...I've just been fortunate in my path.

30 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Watch out or some closet LSU fans around here will call you names and tell you that you just don't get it and you just brought it on yourself.

I went to a game there once. Didn't enjoy the experience. Also had a drink thrown at my head. By an older, very well-dressed guy. In the stadium. In the first half. I hadn't said a word to anyone. Just wearing an Auburn hat. 

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

One of the nicest early season games I’ve been to was the 04 LSU game.  Hurricane Ivan hit earlier in the week and took all the humidity with it.  

I was in school then. The best part was that classes were cancelled, but the game still happened. Numerous hurricane parties!

1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

I was in school then. The best part was that classes were cancelled, but the game still happened. Numerous hurricane parties!

Sincere apologies if I drift to topics not (currently, at least) anywhere near your menu, but

always enjoyed hurricane parties. Back when I was at AU, however, not a drop of passion-fruit syrup was to be found.

Spent Ivan at parents' place in Fairhope.

16 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Y’all are so sweet! 

It’s our second. Our first was born in October of 2013 so I’m hoping this one is a good luck charm for the team as well. 2013 almost sent me into early labor numerous times haha

Me too, and I am a male. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Watch out or some closet LSU fans around here will call you names and tell you that you just don't get it and you just brought it on yourself.

I went to a game there once. Didn't enjoy the experience. Also had a drink thrown at my head. By an older, very well-dressed guy. In the stadium. In the first half. I hadn't said a word to anyone. Just wearing an Auburn hat. 

During phantom whistle game was with former girlfriend, my best friend and his wife all dressed AU....best friends wife's sister and her husband, LSU grads.......we were in upper deck......where they love putting visitors to muffle the cheering.....literally surronded us chanting LSU throwing drinks at us......we were soaked......made our way to concession area formed a circle led by this short LSU fan that reaked of Early Times and Cola tipped toed and shouted f Auburn and f you........as I balled my fist girl friend  wrapped her arms around my right arm so I  extended my left grabbed his hand firmly and told him best team won tonight and we finally made it out.......recieved restraint pts from girlfriend?..........but damn I  was mad?

14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

During phantom whistle game was with former girlfriend, my best friend and his wife all dressed AU....best friends wife's sister and her husband, LSU grads.......we were in upper deck......where they love putting visitors to muffle the cheering.....literally surronded us chanting LSU throwing drinks at us......we were soaked......made our way to concession area formed a circle led by this short LSU fan that reaked of Early Times and Cola tipped toed and shouted f Auburn and f you........as I balled my fist girl friend  wrapped her arms around my right arm so I  extended my left grabbed his hand firmly and told him best team won tonight and we finally made it out.......recieved restraint pts from girlfriend?..........but damn I  was mad?

Yep. Sounds about right.

You and the former girlfriend probably did the right thing, even if it wasn't satisfying. 

But hey, they know how to make gumbo, so they're the awesomest.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. Sounds about right.

You and the former girlfriend probably did the right thing, even if it wasn't satisfying. 

But hey, they know how to make gumbo, so they're the awesomest.

Owe it all to her quick thinking.......otherwise I would have been beat down and trying to figure out how to get my Mobile arse out of a Baton Rouge jail in the early 90's?.........once I left my flags in the widows (99 game)..........needless to say they were cut down.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I really miss the days of this being a huge rivalry.

Well,

at least one betting parlor (South Point) considers it

a (like, one of 79) "Game of the Year:"

"Week 3, Sept. 15: LSU at Auburn (-12)"

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article211933039.html

22 hours ago, AidiAU said:

I’m going to die. I’ll be super pregnant and it will be so stinking hot. Why couldn’t it have been a night game?!

Plus no dang beer...............j/k

49 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Plus no dang beer...............j/k

Whiskey is how I calm my nerves so close games can be rough. ?

8 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Well as us Theta Chi's say including Shug who was a Theta Chi "Whiskey, Gin, Rum and Rye given hell Theta Chi" sorry couldn't resist lots of memories

9 hours ago, Win4AU said:

One of the nicest early season games I’ve been to was the 04 LSU game.  Hurricane Ivan hit earlier in the week and took all the humidity with it.  

I remember filling tank with gas in Pascagoula,MS.........think the next open gas station was Greenville or either the exit with Stuckey's/Dairy Queen.

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well as us Theta Chi's say including Shug who was a Theta Chi "Whiskey, Gin, Rum and Rye given hell Theta Chi" sorry couldn't resist lots of memories

You were a Theta Chi? I hung out there a lot during college - friends with a ton of those guys.

5 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

You were a Theta Chi? I hung out there a lot during college - friends with a ton of those guys.

Yep............. old house or new house?

On 5/31/2018 at 6:16 PM, AidiAU said:

Bonus, low birth weight, win/win.  I kid, sorta.:jump:

Flying down from Connecticut for this one! It will be my first time in JHS since the 2004 season and my GF's first Auburn/ real college football game! She's born and raised CT so she has no idea what she's in for. I really hope for a big win so she can roll toomers!!

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a question that doesn't warrant creating a new one. Like my post above says, I'm going to this game with my CT born and raised girlfriend--and it'll be my first time in JHS since 2004.

We need AU pom poms! Does anyone know where I can order them online? If I bought them on game-day, I imagine I'd just stop in Anders or J&M right? We are staying in ATL and renting a car to drive down Saturday morning, checking out the tailgate scene (not that I know anyone there anymore ☹️), and I was going to show her Toomers, parts of campus, my old Apt, downtown Auburn, and stop into Anders and J&M. That's obviously a lot to do before game time, but at least we will gain an hour crossing time zones. I'm worried that we won't have a chance to grab pom poms somewhere around there on game day and I should just get them now, bringing them with us. What do y'all think?

And yes, she thinks it's hilarious and that I'm out of my mind for wanting pom poms so badly, as well as my deep concern of not having them for the game. Ohhh ignorance is bliss. I can't wait until she sees what a REAL football game is like... ?

21 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a question that doesn't warrant creating a new one. Like my post above says, I'm going to this game with my CT born and raised girlfriend--and it'll be my first time in JHS since 2004.

We need AU pom poms! Does anyone know where I can order them online? If I bought them on game-day, I imagine I'd just stop in Anders or J&M right? We are staying in ATL and renting a car to drive down Saturday morning, checking out the tailgate scene (not that I know anyone there anymore ☹️), and I was going to show her Toomers, parts of campus, my old Apt, downtown Auburn, and stop into Anders and J&M. That's obviously a lot to do before game time, but at least we will gain an hour crossing time zones. I'm worried that we won't have a chance to grab pom poms somewhere around there on game day and I should just get them now, bringing them with us. What do y'all think?

And yes, she thinks it's hilarious and that I'm out of my mind for wanting pom poms so badly, as well as my deep concern of not having them for the game. Ohhh ignorance is bliss. I can't wait until she sees what a REAL football game is like... ?

You wont believe I still use a set from the late 80's and set from early 90's............used them last time in JHS 2012.........colors dont mach the new ones orange on new a bit lighter.

19 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

They are also sold in the bookstore in Haley Center for pretty cheap. As long as you can get there an hour or so before kickoff, there should be plenty of shakers left in the bookstore. Plus Haley Center is a what, 1 minute walk from the stadium? You could just grab them on the way!

I was in the stadium for the interception game as well.  South end zone.  Last INT TD scored I found myself about  10 rows up under a pile of celebrating fans.  Only problem was I had a broken collarbone.  Took about 20 minutes til it started hurting.  Probably the weirdest game I’ve ever seen in person.

Was also in Baton Rouge for the D. Craig/Cecil Collins game.  That was back and forth.  I think Collins went for 299 against us but the one man show of Craig led us to victory late. 

Was also at the barn burner game was a creepy site.

I attended the 4 interception game in the student section...and the barn burning game at home in the opposite end zone.  Both were so memorable.  The flames in the latter game extended above the stadium from our perspective.  Just a crazy atmosphere.

Archived