2018: AU vs. LSU Kickoff Set

RunInRed

4 hours ago, corchjay said:

I was in the stadium for the interception game as well.  South end zone.  Last INT TD scored I found myself about  10 rows up under a pile of celebrating fans.  Only problem was I had a broken collarbone.  Took about 20 minutes til it started hurting.  Probably the weirdest game I’ve ever seen in person.

Was also in Baton Rouge for the D. Craig/Cecil Collins game.  That was back and forth.  I think Collins went for 299 against us but the one man show of Craig led us to victory late. 

Was also at the barn burner game was a creepy site.

I was playing in a golf tournament Crystal River Fl area and got back to my hotel room just in time to catch the 4th quarter. I was in shock at what I saw

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I attended the 4 interception game in the student section...and the barn burning game at home in the opposite end zone.  Both were so memorable.  The flames in the latter game extended above the stadium from our perspective.  Just a crazy atmosphere.

Me too.

I remember there used to be a discussion on here about whether or not LSU qualified as a rival, which I thought was insane. A surprising number of folks set an arbitrary limit of 2 rivals. Huh? Our rivalry with LSU has been one of the most exciting, interesting and important in CFB- or at least was for much of the 90s and Aughts- and has quite often been the touchstone when we look back on our most memorable seasons.

Even for the last 4 years, LSU has helped define our season. 2014 was one of the biggest and best wins of the Malzahn era, and the game that made everything that happened afterward so bizarre and confusing. 2015 was the game that finished JJ's career. 2016 was Lashlee's first game calling the plays and it set the table for that awesome run we went on until our QB and all of our RBs were hurt. (And got Les Miles fired.) 2017... actually, let's just pretend we didn't play them in 2017.

2013. Gus decided to just quit throwing the ball at halftime and thus spawned one of the greatest rushing attacks CFB has ever seen; one that carried us to and should have won the national title. 2010. The Run. 2011 told us that Gene Chizik's days were numbered, even if we didn't understand at first. 

It goes on and on. Too many to count. I will *always* circle LSU on my calendar. If you want to know how a season went for us, usually you just have to look at November and LSU.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

2017... actually, let's just pretend we didn't play them in 2017

I honestly forgot what happened last year until I actually looked it up. Tells you how revisionist history my fandom is.

3 hours ago, jAUSon said:

I always die a little on the inside when CBS announces a 2:30 Auburn game.

gary-danielson-3470d8f010b79ac8.jpg

Can we just keep him away from practice? So aggravated with him predicting the special plays we are running during the week. The calling of the NCM "tebow" pass on the Iron Bowl chaps me.  

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Can we just keep him away from practice? So aggravated with him predicting the special plays we are running during the week. The calling of the NCM "tebow" pass on the Iron Bowl chaps me.  

But he's not divulging that to the other team. 

Gary Danielson doing this bothers me farrrrr less than when Joe Schmoe Couch Coach calls out our plays before the ball is snapped in the game thread.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

But he's not divulging that to the other team. 

Gary Danielson doing this bothers me farrrrr less than when Joe Schmoe Couch Coach calls out our plays before the ball is snapped in the game thread.

Oh I know that.  Just bothers me sort of like watching a movie with someone that had already seen it and they say,  "Watch this part". I like Gary more than some overall, just not the spoilers. Now predicting Gus is going to run up the middle is just a foregone conclusion at this point.  No spoiler there. 

Archived