2019 4* S Nick Cross (FSU)

ellitor

35 major conference offers including 9 from the SEC: AU, FSU, Bama, Gators, UGA, ND, tOSU, Penn St., Stanford, LSU, Michigan, Sooners, & Vols among others.
Will OV AU for BCW per this VIP headline...Four-Star Safety Taking Official Visit For Big Cat Weekend

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And the M. Atkinson Grown Arse Man Award goes to...

Good call. I still cast my vote for Jamond Gordon but admit that my opinion is swayed by the hair....it’s magical.

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Good call. I still cast my vote for Jamond Gordon but admit that my opinion is swayed by the hair....it’s magical.

Like a giant, cuddly-but-badass Troll.

Image result for trolls

1:05 is all I need to see.. I'm sold

Let's see him... CRUCIFY some people lol

We’ve recruited Dematha a lot over the years and don’t think we’ve ever pulled a kid out.  They talk big about wanting to play against the best then end up signing with Maryland lol

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

We’ve recruited Dematha a lot over the years and don’t think we’ve ever pulled a kid out.  They talk big about wanting to play against the best then end up signing with Maryland lol

I was thinking FSU but joke still applies IMO.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Announcing Friday.  FL or FSU?

FSU. Haven’t heard anything about Florida

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Aren't we thin at S? Looks to me that we should be in the running for Nick.

Stop looking

20 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Aren't we thin at S?

Not like we were.

21 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Looks to me that we should be in the running for Nick.

We are technically but he's picking FSU today.

I know Taggert can recruit well, but I am not so sure of him being more than an average 8-4 W/L coach. Maybe I am wrong on this one, but I just do not see him having 11-1 type of seasons like the FSU faithful are envisioning. I would like to hear some of your takes on this one.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I know Taggert can recruit well, but I am not so sure of him being more than an average 8-4 W/L coach. Maybe I am wrong on this one, but I just do not see him having 11-1 type of seasons like the FSU faithful are envisioning. I would like to hear some of your takes on this one.

I tend to agree with this. However his sample size at a big boy program is small.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I think he will do well, if for no other reason than that conference is weak overall. He's only looking at maybe 1  or 2 conference losses a year. :dunno:

On 8/24/2018 at 8:33 PM, doc4aday said:

With the talent they usually get Butch Jones couldn't even screw up going 10-2 or 11-1 every year in the ACC.

On 8/24/2018 at 9:42 PM, Hopsing said:

However his sample size at a big boy program is small.

A big boy program in the Atlantic Crap Conference though...

I do not think the ACC is that bad.  

With the sustained success of Clemson,  and the recent improvements of Miami...  you have something to build on.  Not to mention FSU who opens with VaTech are typically pretty competitive,  that is 4 teams in the top 20 normally.   Then tier in ND and Louisville and I think they hold their own in a top 6 teams.  

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

So I take it he didn't pull the trigger for FSU, yet?

Not yet. Penn St. is making a strong push.

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I do not think the ACC is that bad.  

With the sustained success of Clemson,  and the recent improvements of Miami...  you have something to build on.  Not to mention FSU who opens with VaTech are typically pretty competitive,  that is 4 teams in the top 20 normally.   Then tier in ND and Louisville and I think they hold their own in a top 6 teams. 

It's not that bad but it doesn't compare to the SEC which was the implication of my post. It's a 3 team league. Clem, FSU, & Miami. Va. Tech is not the same without Beamer just as Louisville without Lamar. ND doesn't count as they only play half the ACC schedule & still are an independent for football.

20 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So is the SEC. 

LSU, Auburn are usually in top 20 with bama and GA near top.  Ole miss over last few years up until last year had usually ended up in top 20 and FLA normally has the talent to be a top 20 team. Miss State pulls a solid team almost ever year. Last year was first time in a while where there were only 3 teams  in the SEC with Auburn, Georgia and bama and whether we want to remember or not we lost to LSU.  The difference between SEC and ACC is after the top 3 teams where the SEC usually have very solid teams in 4-8 and the ACC drops off. In last few years you have had Ole Miss beating bama some of the times, LSU playing them tough and physically and some solid Miss State teams. How many of the ACC teams could have hung with bama? Look at FSU last year against bama they got beaten in the trenches despite having some talent. That plus depth of talent on SEC teams.

This year with all the coaching changes in the SEC there may be some room for ACC to gain on SEC but I wouldn't bet on it. I believe in next couple of years you will see FLA and A&M moving up.  I wish at least one more eastern team to improve also just so Georgia doesn't have a cake walk. Maybe SC?

40 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

So is the SEC. 

Yeah but SEC's 4-14 is quite a bit better than the ACC's 4-14  1/2

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah but SEC's 4-14 is quite a bit better than the ACC's 4-14  1/2

This I can agree with. But I think the ACC’s top is just as good as the SEC’s. I think the “SEC is the most dominate conference” isn’t a thing anymore. 

Archived