2019 4* S Nick Cross (FSU)

ellitor

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I think the “SEC is the most dominate conference” isn’t a thing anymore. 

Really? What conference had 2 teams in the playoffs last year, has won 9 of the last 12 national championships, & had a team playing in every national title game the last 12 seasons minus 2014? If that's not a dominant conference thing then I don't know what is.

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Really? What conference had 2 teams in the playoffs last year, has won 9 of the last 12 national championships, & had a team playing in every national title game the last 12 seasons minus 2014? If that's not a dominant conference thing then I don't know what is.

I mean, hard to argue with facts!

This started because the ACC was called a crap conference.   The argument is not that the SEC is not the best conference that is obvious.  

Let's try to look at it this way for fun.  Certainly this needs some serious chopping up   

Clemson- Bama

Miami- Auburn

FSU- Georgia

VaTech- LSU

Louisville- South Carolina

NCSt- MSU

GaTech- FL

BC- Ole Miss

Virginia- Kentucky 

Duke- Vandy

Syracuse- Missouri

UNC- TN

Wake Forest- Arkansas

Pitt- TAMU

5 years ago, the SEC was head and shoulders above every other conference and the ACC was near the bottom of the P5. The gap has narrowed significantly since then, but the SEC is still better than the ACC. 

Does that work?

41 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

SECW is most dominant division, SEC is most complete conference, top tier in SEC is still the best but gap has narrowed.

Big 10 East is pretty tough too, but I'll say SECw is better top to bottom

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

5 years ago, the SEC was head and shoulders above every other conference and the ACC was near the bottom of the P5. The gap has narrowed significantly since then, but the SEC is still better than the ACC. 

Does that work?

This is more where I was trying to get at 

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Agreed, it's the drop off of some SEC teams that has allowed other conferences to get closer as a whole.

Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Florida, Texas A&M, Mizzou, and even Vanderbilt aren't near what they have been within the last 10 years. I do think a lot of our teams are on the upswing.

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yeah. I though I could see the conversation very rapidly getting pushed to extremes as it often does, lol. 

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I though I could see the conversation very rapidly getting pushed to extremes as it often does, lol. 

Nuh-uh. You're stupid and couldn't be any more wrong...about everything. Oh BTW, your dog is ugly too.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:
30 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Nuh-uh. You're stupid and couldn't be any more wrong...about everything. Oh BTW, your dog is ugly too.

.... it's actually a cat....

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not yet. Penn St. is making a strong push.

James Franklin is one hell of a coach man. Did miracle work at Vanderbilt and built Penn State up from a near death sentence. Respect.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Well YOU'RE the one who keeps saying that Gus and Chip hand the playbook back and forth between every play and that all of Gus's plays result in loss of yardage and all of Chip's are touchdowns. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well YOU'RE the one who keeps saying that Gus and Chip hand the playbook back and forth between every play and that all of Gus's plays result in loss of yardage and all of Chip's are touchdowns. 

ALERT: THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED.

Thanks, Mikey.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

It's great to have @McLoofus speak for us sometimes when we fumble our words ain't it!

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

There is no doubt that’s true in recent years. Maybe it’s just perception since UM, MSU, and PSU are in rebuild mode that makes me discredit slightly. There have been years where that’s a very tough division.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Golf's dog is cute...

A reply on this could go soo many ways. Leaving it alone.

Archived