Kickoff time set for season opener

WFE12

“With two projected top 10 teams, two top 10 quarterbacks and two top-ranked defenses, this game will certainly have a major impact on the College Football Playoff,” said Gary Stokan, Peach Bowl, Inc. CEO and president. “We’re looking forward to having the SEC back and for the first time, welcoming the Pac-12 to the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. It should be the perfect way to kick off the season with two storied programs facing off for the first time in their history.”

The 2018 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game will mark the first-ever meeting between Auburn and Washington on the gridiron. This year’s game will also represent the first-ever SEC vs. Pac-12 matchup in the history of the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.

The SEC currently holds an 11-2 record in the game, and Auburn will continue the SEC’s trend of having a team represented in every Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game to date. It will be Auburn’s third appearance in the game, after previously defeating Louisville 31-24 in the 2015 contest and falling 26-19 to Clemson in 2012.

This will be both the Pac-12 and Washington’s first-ever appearance in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game. 

Past Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game teams and winners of The Old Leather Helmet include:

Year:     Match-Up:                                                                          Winner:              

2017       (25) Tennessee vs. Georgia Tech                              Tennessee 42-41 (2 OT)

2017       (3) Florida State vs. (1) Alabama                                Alabama 24-7

2016       (18) Georgia vs. (22) North Carolina                         Georgia 33-24

2015       (25) Louisville vs. (6) Auburn                                       Auburn 31-24

2014       (2) Alabama vs. West Virginia                                     Alabama 33-23

2014       (18) Ole Miss vs. Boise State                                       Ole Miss 35-13

2013       (1) Alabama vs. Virginia Tech                                      Alabama 35-10

2012       (14) Clemson vs. (24) Auburn                                     Clemson 26-19

2012       (25) N.C. State vs. Tennessee                                     Tennessee 35-21

2011       (5) Boise State vs. (19) Georgia                                  Boise State 35-21

2010       (16) LSU vs. (18) North Carolina                                 LSU 30-24

2009       (5) Alabama vs. (7) Virginia Tech                                Alabama 34-24                 

2008       (9) Clemson vs. (24) Alabama                                     Alabama 34-10

The teams will battle for The Old Leather Helmet Trophy, one of college football’s newest rivalry-style icons. Traditionally, winners of The Old Leather Helmet don the helmet on the field after the game, starting with the head coach and then rotating from player to player as the team celebrates its victory.

http://www.cbs42.com/sports/local-sports/auburn/kickoff-time-set-for-auburn-washington-on-sept-1/1210977499

When was the last time we played on ABC? Ready for the team to come out on fire.

AUBURN'S FULL 2018 SCHEDULE

What's our record for ABC games? 

I remember Capital One Bowl when Ronnie Brown had a huge game vs Penn State and our D but the clamps on Larry Johnson. I see 2011 Clemson has been mentioned.

20 hours ago, WFE12 said:

When was the last time we played on ABC? Ready for the team to come out on fire.

2014 Natty game was an ABC/ESPN broadcast I believe. Can't remember a more recent one, but I'm old.  ;)

Hope they open the roof for that but doubt it. 

Glad I don't have to wait around all day for the game to start. Night games tend to make my head hurt the next day. Damnedest thing. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Glad I don't have to wait around all day for the game to start. Night games tend to make my head hurt the next day. Damnedest thing. 

Maybe you need to work on your barbecue to beer ratio.

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As in less of both? Agreed.

(Now, if I lived where you do- or in Texas- then consequences be damned, give me more brisket, NOW.)

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

22 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As in less of both? Agreed.

(Now, if I lived where you do- or in Texas- then consequences be damned, give me more brisket, NOW.)

I sometimes find that a few Vitamin B's before you begin helps with that.

... that's me giving serious advice based on experience.

You're welcome.

:beer2:

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You're welcome.

I don't know why I haven't tried this yet. 

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know why I haven't tried this yet. 

Been doing that for 20-odd years.  Never have a headache and, unless I just go crazy and get sick (which I don't do anymore), I don't even feel bad/run down the next morning either.

Even been known to pop a few B's WHILE imbibing.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

You're welcome.

We don't need no stinkin' vitamins 

On 6/1/2018 at 4:38 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

We don't need no stinkin' vitamins 

Unless they're the gummy kind... Lol

Agreed with the comments above. Always would prefer a later start time for the sake of how we tend to play. However, it is nice not waiting all day.

Auburn v UDub should’ve been the nightcap, not a Bama drubbing on a Lamar Jacksonless Louisville team. Good job ABC. ?

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Unless they're the gummy kind... Lol

Agreed with the comments above. Always would prefer a later start time for the sake of how we tend to play. However, it is nice not waiting all day.

Start time doesn't make me any less nervous about the team being ready for game 1.

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Gee, and why is that?  :rolleyes:

Something about the.......atmosphere.

Archived