Women's College World Series

Round one looks like offense may be the name of the game.  Oregon beat ASU 11-6       

Washington beat Oklahoma 2-0

Florida is slamming Georgia 9-3 in the 5th  

6 home runs in the three games against some of the top pitchers in the game.  Coach Dean, are you watching?  

Florida run rules Georgia 11-3 in 5 innings.  Georgia may be two and out without their #1 pitcher.

Next up is our dear friends FSU playing against UCLA.  

Looking like the Pac 12 rules this year....well maybe UF....but Wash, Ariz State and Oregon looking pretty good.  

Wow, so the back to back defending Champs already have a loss.  Tough road back. 

34 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I wonder if the Tannon girls now regret a little leaving Washington for Auburn? 

They came here to play for Meyer....give them credit for staying after the coaching change...hope they continue to stick with AU.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Tannon is the one who left Washington.  Taylon came here direct from HS.  
But I've wondered the same thing.

17 hours ago, around4ever said:

Round one looks like offense may be the name of the game.  Oregon beat ASU 11-6       

Washington beat Oklahoma 2-0

Florida is slamming Georgia 9-3 in the 5th  

6 home runs in the three games against some of the top pitchers in the game.  Coach Dean, are you watching?  

The one that Jordan Roberts hit for UF was a monster shot, cleared the stands in center;  and she was a pinch hitter.  Walton seems to have a knack for inserting the right PH at the right time.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

They came here to play for Meyer....give them credit for staying after the coaching change...hope they continue to stick with AU.

Myers..    The story they did on the Snow sisters in regards to Tannon's Seizures was really good.  They said numerous times how much the Auburn family (players, staff,etc) supported her and did everything they could to get her the help she needed.  I don't see them going anywhere.

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Tannon wouldn't get much playing time on Washington, Taylon would likely start but would have to play 2nd.

I am rooting for them.  The losers bracket will be an exciting event tomorrow. 

My goodness UCLA just hit a 3 run homer, 5 runs in the inning to take a 5-4 lead on Florida. Just the play before,  Florida shortstop catches a foul ball with the bases loaded and 1 out,  and guns a perfect strike to home in what appeared to be double play too end the inning. The tagging runner was called safe to make it 4-2. Replay showed the tag at home is applied an inch before the runner touches home. No way to criticize ump making the call in real time, but really a fantastic play by the Florida player.  She caught the ball facing away from the infield and turned around to sling a perfect laser to home.

Oh and Barnhill was the pitcher getting roughed up. 

Florida coach Tim Walton gets ejected for arguing balls and strikes after his pitcher strikes out 2 batters in the Top of the 7th.  I have to agree with Walton.  The home plate umpire is all over the place with the strike zone and missed an out at the plate earlier that led to the next batter hitting a three run home run.   His calls all night seem to have benefitted UCLA.   Even the announcers are commenting about some of the strike calls for UCLA.

UCLA wins 6-5 to remain in the winners bracket.  

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

Florida coach Tim Walton gets ejected for arguing balls and strikes after his pitcher strikes out 2 batters in the Top of the 7th.  I have to agree with Walton.  The home plate umpire is all over the place with the strike zone and missed an out at the plate earlier that led to the next batter hitting a three run home run.   His calls all night seem to have benefitted UCLA.   Even the announcers are commenting about some of the strike calls for UCLA.

UCLA wins 6-5 to remain in the winners bracket.  

The Gators got hosed at that play at the plate. They should have won that game 5-2. They need replays at the WCWS. I think they already have nearly every angle covered by TV cameras naturally.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

No way to criticize ump making the call in real time

Yes there is. The ump put himself in bad position relative to where the throw was coming in from.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The Gators got hosed at that play at the plate. They should have won that game 5-2. They need replays at the WCWS. I think they already have nearly every angle covered by TV cameras naturally.

If not in the regular season, at least have replays in the post season.  But the NCAA is doing all they can to speed up the game of softball to fit the games into a two hour TV window.  But they allow college baseball games to drag, sometimes pushing four hours. 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

If not in the regular season, at least have replays in the post season.  But the NCAA is doing all they can to speed up the game of softball to fit the games into a two hour TV window.  But they allow college baseball games to drag, sometimes pushing four hours. 

Screw that! Do whatever it takes to get the call right.

FSU with a three run bomb in the top of the 7th off of Garcia to force the if necessary game tonight to see who plays Washington in the Championship Series.  

Actually that was in the bottom of the 6th, but same result. Elizabeth Mason?  Where did she come from?  Don't think I've seen her before.  Very glad the Sooner are gone.  Paige Parker now a thing of the past.  I don't feel as strongly about the three remaining teams, but UCLA my least favorite.

1 minute ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Actually that was in the bottom of the 6th, but same result. Elizabeth Mason?  Where did she come from?  Don't think I've seen her before.  Very glad the Sooner are gone.  Paige Parker now a thing of the past.  I don't feel as strongly about the three remaining teams, but UCLA my least favorite.

Expect every softball team in the US....other than Oklahoma is glad to see PP gone....she was a machine for 4 years......and Gasso worked her plenty. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Expect every softball team in the US....other than Oklahoma is glad to see PP gone....she was a machine for 4 years......and Gasso worked her plenty. 

Gasso will just reload with another one like PP. 

Archived