Null

Proud Tiger

Heron Transferring to St. John's

I wish there was some type of season long shot chart out there where we could see just how many times he flashed right inside the arc and took that long range 2 that inevitably never went in. Even though he was technically the team's leading scorer, I think that's gonna be replaced this season. We'll miss his rebounding the most imo. He was pretty ferocious on the boards

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but in light of Heron's hardship waiver being granted for immediate eligibility, could anyone in "the know" explain what his mother is going through? I have heard anything from "she hit her head and is dealing with long-term effects of a concussion" to "things are tough at home with his mom's health," as if to imply that doctor's have told her that her demise may be somewhat imminent (apologies for not knowing the best way to phrase such a difficult thing). Does anyone know what the deal is?

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but in light of Heron's hardship waiver being granted for immediate eligibility, could anyone in "the know" explain what his mother is going through? I have heard anything from "she hit her head and is dealing with long-term effects of a concussion" to "things are tough at home with his mom's health," as if to imply that doctor's have told her that her demise may be somewhat imminent (apologies for not knowing the best way to phrase such a difficult thing). Does anyone know what the deal is?

My understanding is that it was an existing condition before he ever came to AU and that it isn’t any worse than it was. He just wanted to transfer and they used it as a way to get him immediately eligible 

I would love to know why he actually transferred if that is the case

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I would love to know why he actually transferred if that is the case

He almost transferred to UConn after his freshman year. But he stuck around bc he didn’t want to sit out a year bc he thought he’d be going pro. Rumor is that he and Jared DO NOT get along and he didn’t like sharing the spotlight with both Harper and Bryce

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

He almost transferred to UConn after his freshman year. But he stuck around bc he didn’t want to sit out a year bc he thought he’d be going pro. Rumor is that he and Jared DO NOT get along and he didn’t like sharing the spotlight with both Harper and Bryce

Thanks Gene. I also had heard that he was not happy with discipline or holding players accountable by the staff his freshman year. Apparently him and Bruce talked about it when he considered transferring to Uconn. Was wondering if any of that had to do with it as well. 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I really liked heron but if he wants to be a pro then he needs to up his game or learn how to share. (Says the person who doesn’t watch pro ball ...)

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Thanks Gene. I also had heard that he was not happy with discipline or holding players accountable by the staff his freshman year. Apparently him and Bruce talked about it when he considered transferring to Uconn. Was wondering if any of that had to do with it as well. 

I’ve seen that before ... did he perceive more or less discipline was needed and regarding whom?

Edited by mustache eagle

11 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I really liked heron but if he wants to be a pro then he needs to up his game or learn how to share. (Says the person who doesn’t watch pro ball ...)

I’ve seen that before ... did he perceive more or less discipline was needed and regarding whom?

He wanted more discipline as I understood it. I think team wide. Our offense Heron's frosh year, particularly down the stretch, was probably the most undisciplined and selfish basketball in the conference. Also guys kept making the same mistakes - like not cutting AT ALL vs zone Ds even though Bruce was having a heart attack over it during games. 

31 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I think everyone on the team had a big problem with Dunnans that year. And I imagine Stapha did the most bc they played the same position