June Facilities Update

RunInRed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Progress continues on the new recruiting center and locker room renovation, as well as the press box renovation at Jordan-Hare Stadium ...

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

June-2018

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/facilities/updates/board-of-trustees-updates/pdf/june-2018.pdf

giphy.gif

New Aggie coach Jimbo Fisher scoffs at these proceedings.

Doesn’t look terrible but... 

if they do all 4 corners that way it might make sense but just one random building rising up in one corner will be weird looking 

With the angle of the road outside the stadium it’d be hard to match it on the other side of the south endzone.  

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

With the angle of the road outside the stadium it’d be hard to match it on the other side of the south endzone.  

Do away with the road there and just have a pathway.  I know there is some type of parking in that area but should be able to work around that

On 6/1/2018 at 10:51 PM, RunInRed said:

32526462_244291109638784_472751382174734
via IG/WarBlogle

I think it looks great this way. Don't brick it and be done with the look. 

I cannot imagine having tickets that butt up right next too it.  Those holders lose a good portion of stadium visibility.   Sure,  they can see the field but I would not like feeling cornered in such a large and beautiful stadium.  

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

I cannot imagine having tickets that butt up right next too it.  Those holders lose a good portion of stadium visibility.   Sure,  they can see the field but I would not like feeling cornered in such a large and beautiful stadium.  

Hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. When you told someone you were sitting in the corner of the endzone you would mean literally the "corner". 

I wonder how much having that corner filled will effect stadium noise (probably not much but still a cool thing to think about). 

On 6/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, RunInRed said:

32526462_244291109638784_472751382174734
via IG/WarBlogle

All they need now is to add a bar and swimming pools on the top of that thing. HAHA

46 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

All they need now is to add a bar and swimming pools on the top of that thing. HAHA

And a rope bridge to the ramp

50 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Any way to vote you too into the stadium planning committee??

22 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

In keeping with the above, palm trees planted in big orange pots would be a nice touch too.

On 6/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, corchjay said:

Do away with the road there and just have a pathway.  I know there is some type of parking in that area but should be able to work around that

The main transit hub loops the stadium, so I doubt they do anything to obstruct the flow of that daily operation. 

will any of this include more seating increases for the stadium?

On 6/3/2018 at 3:14 PM, gr82be said:

Hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. When you told someone you were sitting in the corner of the endzone you would mean literally the "corner". 

No elephant on one side of you spilling into your seat. Maybe some shade. Could be worse lol.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

No elephant on one side of you spilling into your seat. Maybe some shade. Could be worse lol.

Imagine if you have a elephant on your otherside....  Pinned in I tell ya.  

20 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

In keeping with the above, palm trees planted in big orange pots would be a nice touch too.

I’d love to see some palm trees outside of JHS. That would be awesome. ??

10 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Imagine if you have a elephant on your otherside....  Pinned in I tell ya.  

So,

(and please forgive my ignorance here),

this'll be the "press" box?

On 6/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'm thinking some zip lines down from the top too...

8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I'm thinking some zip lines down from the top too...

Some of these ideas are silly and made in a joking manner, including my own, but Auburn really does need to jump on the train with this stadium and modernization stuff. The train is moving fast and I'm not so sure that history and tradition is going to be enough to get this new generation in.

First order of business.....drop UA and sign with Nike or Jordan! If for no other reason, because Underarmour is cranking out some of the worst Auburn hats I've ever seen and its pissing me off! haha

Archived