June Facilities Update

RunInRed

I know more needs to be done to JHS & the facilities overall, but I'm just happy with the current improvements.  Anything is better than what we had in appearance and functionality - it's a move in the right direction.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

drop UA and sign with Nike or Jordan! If for no other reason, because Underarmour is cranking out some of the worst Auburn hats I've ever seen and its pissing me off! haha

While I want nothing to do with Nike (partially because going with them is almost like funding Oregon, and partially because their designs are worse), I feel you. Being with UA used to be great, but now they've got so many teams on board that we are almost an afterthought. It sucks that they don't give us more respect, since we helped put them on the map when they were nobody. 

On 6/2/2018 at 11:52 AM, corchjay said:

Doesn’t look terrible but... 

if they do all 4 corners that way it might make sense but just one random building rising up in one corner will be weird looking 

I'd like to see another building on the other side of the jumbotron and to eventually add two smaller jumbotrons and upper level on the other end--similar to these renders.  Oh, and the whole thing finally getting bricked of course!

2016-02-19-bowl-rendering_orig.jpg

C8ViDtrXgAA3-De.jpg

160427-aerial-10_orig.jpg

23 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

I'd like to see another building on the other side of the jumbotron and to eventually add two smaller jumbotrons and upper level on the other end--similar to these renders.  Oh, and the whole thing finally getting bricked of course!

C8ViDtrXgAA3-De.jpg

Really wish these plans had gone through. 

Those renders are what a stadium upgrade is supposed to look like. Instead it looks like we paid money to add a multi-million dollar 1980s style tumor to our stadium.

1 hour ago, AUTigerTime said:

Those renders are what a stadium upgrade is supposed to look like. Instead it looks like we paid money to add a multi-million dollar 1980s style tumor to our stadium.

Patience, we have a new president and a new AD. Give them time to get the department setup the way they need to and you will see how they are going to address facilities. I'm telling you, speaking as a designer, the fact that the new addition is bricked is a huge giveaway about future plans.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Patience, we have a new president and a new AD. Give them time to get the department setup the way they need to and you will see how they are going to address facilities. I'm telling you, speaking as a designer, the fact that the new addition is bricked is a huge giveaway about future plans.

Sounds encouraging to hear that about the future plans. True story- I was looking to hire some PT associates and during the interview process I was not finding exactly what I was looking for. The right mix of availability, enthusiasm and goal oriented. I wasn't to a point of panic by any means but I just kept thinking the right person will come in. Prayer is a part of my morning routine and I prayed for patience during my search for the right applicant. A few days later a candidate came in for an interview. She was perfect for the job. I hired her quickly. By the way her name was Patience. I got what I prayed for. 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:40 PM, CT Tiger said:

C8ViDtrXgAA3-De.jpg

What happens to the ramps to the upper decks?  How are the upper decks accessed in this plan?

13 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

What happens to the ramps to the upper decks?  How are the upper decks accessed in this plan?

I believe you'll find that the ramps are inside the bricked facade. They could even be replaced with more modern methods of ascending.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I believe you'll find that the ramps are inside the bricked facade. They could even be replaced with more modern methods of ascending.

Maybe drone operated helium balloons that drop you right into your seat.

9 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Maybe drone operated helium balloons that drop you right into your seat.

Sure... why not? Or they could just put in escalators. 

27 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Sure... why not? Or they could just put in escalators. 

That is so 20th century.  You got to think next level here.  Something that really catches the eyes of these recruits hahahahaha

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

It’s more of an ant based approach. Takes desire and teamwork. 

Just now, doug3020 said:

It’s more of an ant based approach. Takes desire and teamwork. 

;D

I love me some Auburn football, but I'm not sure I love it that much.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

That is so 20th century.  You got to think next level here.  Something that really catches the eyes of these recruits hahahahaha

How about a Virtual Reality headset that makes you think you're at the game. You just feel like your walking up the ramp to the upper deck to watch the game. You wouldn't even have to be in Auburn. Come to think of it that actually would make a lot of folks who live far away pretty happy. 

41 minutes ago, gr82be said:

How about a Virtual Reality headset that makes you think you're at the game. You just feel like your walking up the ramp to the upper deck to watch the game. You wouldn't even have to be in Auburn. Come to think of it that actually would make a lot of folks who live far away pretty happy. 

Also, would make any worries about seating capacity just

go away.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

To get the effect of actually attending those September games when I can only watch them on TV, I simply turn on the heat and set the thermostat to 90 deg. F.

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

Like the VR concept.  Imagine everyone sitting on the 50 and you get the best view plus instant replays.  Also the stadium sound in the headset.

3 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Like the VR concept.  Imagine everyone sitting on the 50 and you get the best view plus instant replays.  Also the stadium sound in the headset.

Auburn could charge 20$ per game for the 50yd line feed.  10000's across the nation/world would pay for that.

On 6/11/2018 at 10:48 PM, bigbird said:

Auburn could charge 20$ per game for the 50yd line feed.  10000's across the nation/world would pay for that.

I would, but only if they throw in the Nova eagle flight experience. 

1-oaw2BzoerE-RS3rTgBzUDw.gif

CT Tiger, I like your idea on how Jordan-Hare should look like. They need to close all 4 corners of both endzones and do a lot of brick work.

On 6/14/2018 at 9:41 AM, auburn4ever said:

CT Tiger, I like your idea on how Jordan-Hare should look like. They need to close all 4 corners of both endzones and do a lot of brick work.

I'd like to see the field lowered as well. I want to make it as loud as humanly possible in there! WDE

3 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

I'd like to see the field lowered as well. I want to make it as loud as humanly possible in there! WDE

Not sure that is possible because of the drainage system and the higher water tables in Alabama.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Not sure that is possible because of the drainage system and the higher water tables in Alabama.

Ahh, good to know!

Archived