Just throwing this out there...

corchjay

Like Lionheart I am surprised that they opted for Rabies shots without any type of bite or wound. That said just want you to know that you and your wife have my prayers.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Wow doc... your doctor is overly cautious. Unless you and your wife have open sores on your hands or something the odds of contracting rabies by picking up an infected animal are astronomically low.  Add that to the fact that you don't even know it had rabies and it sounds like someone just wanted some of your money.

The health department was the one that insisted we get the shots.  We were told that you can get rabies from a bat even if it does not bite you. Bats groom themselves by licking and the disease can be on their wings as well. I picked it up by its wing not knowing at first what it was. The health department person told us to not take any chance no matter how small it was.  Blue Cross is paying for the shots fortunately!

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Jay is going to wonder what the heck happened to his thread. lol

It's all good.  Anytime the Doc brings stories or wisdom it's a good day.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, doc4aday said:

Something to throw out that happened to the Doc and his sweet bride is the honest truth........

A few days ago, my wife noticed something strange in the drainboard in our sink. She touched and then I picked it up. IT was a live bat......seriously folks. I dropped it and calmly asked my wife to open the back door.  I took some paper towels and picked it up by the wing and took it out the door and managed to drop it twice before I got it off of our deck and onto the ground.

The critter was making an awful sound and was trying its best to bite me. After I got rid of it, I called the department of health for their advice. The lady told me that I should have captured it and had someone from their department to come out and take it back to test for rabies. About this time, my wife and I were really getting concerned. Since we touched the thing, each of us has had to start a series of rabies shots. The first round consisted of 6 total shots for each of us. Today we got shot number 7 and will get shot number 8 in 10 days. This has been a nightmare in that we cannot figure out how the thing got into our house. I hope I never see another bat for the rest of my life!

Must be a North Carolina thing....found one in our house last fall.....like you, could not figure out how it got in. Considered maybe my chimney though the damper is pretty well closed.    Heard strange noise one evening and found it squealing in the hall and it was backed up against the closet door and baring its teeth.     Mean and nasty bugger but we were able to catch it without contact.....managed to get it into a small box using a broom....and covered it up and took it outside.   Worried about rabies like you but since no contact, we did not take the shot routine.....my condolences to you over that process...

There have been some doozies but this is the damndest derailment of a thread I’ve ever seen, lol. It just needs more gifs

46ABFFD7-8A0E-4181-9B04-CFC369615518.gif

45 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I have been wondering what everyone's favorite flavor of Ice Cream is?

Rocky Road

57 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Ben & Jerry Coffee Toffee Crunch

This has really turned into my kind of thread now; real stream-of-consciousness kind of stuff.

6 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Mint chocolate chip

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Mint chocolate chip

This was my favorite growing up.

These days it's the salted caramel at Morelli's in Atlanta, anything with coffee/espresso in it, or straight up chocolate. 

10 hours ago, fredst said:

There have been some doozies but this is the damndest derailment of a thread I’ve ever seen, lol. It just needs more gifs

46ABFFD7-8A0E-4181-9B04-CFC369615518.gif

Sometimes you just have to go where the thread is leading.....?   wonderful GIF by the way....

9 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

love that peppermint crunch you can usually only find at Christmas.....

46 minutes ago, AU64 said:

love that peppermint crunch you can usually only find at Christmas.....

If you have a Trader Joe's in your area, they make their own Oreo-style cookies called JoeJoes, and they do a killer peppermint candy cane version.

11 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Love all Ice Cream, but my fav is a homemade chocolate.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

When are we going to start wearing orange jerseys and black cleats?

Same time we go back to the orange face masks perhaps...

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Same time we go back to the orange face masks perhaps...

Did y'all know that Kevin Greene was a walk-on?

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

DF68B3FC-2EF5-4445-AEE8-A1887369F0E5.gif

No. No I'm not. Speaking of how good of a QB developer Gus is, we really need a big running back. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

No. No I'm not. Speaking of how good of a QB developer Gus is, we really need a big running back. 

I don’t know why we’d even need to discuss any of these things until we expand seating capacity and schedule Oklahoma or Notre Dame for a game. C’mon dude....

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

WOW! I didn't know Auburn4ever knew how to hack accounts.

Archived