Just throwing this out there...

corchjay

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I don’t know why we’d even need to discuss any of these things until we expand seating capacity and schedule Oklahoma or Notre Dame for a game. C’mon dude....

tenor.gif?itemid=3315433

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we just need Viper to make an appearance and tell us how he predicted in 2010 that Trump would be elected in 2016 and the thread will be complete...

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Now we just need Viper to make an appearance and tell us how he predicted in 2010 that Trump would be elected in 2016 and the thread will be complete...

Image result for ric flair trump gif

26 minutes ago, corchjay said:

It’s the epitome of spinoff thread...

but seriously though who was the better QB Sean white or Jeremy Johnson?

Jeremy should have gotten more at-bats when davis/ward started hacking at nothing in the regionals ...

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

It’s the epitome of spinoff thread...

but seriously though who was the better QB Sean white or Jeremy Johnson?

My pick would be Barrett Trotter.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, doc4aday said:

Something to throw out that happened to the Doc and his sweet bride is the honest truth........

A few days ago, my wife noticed something strange in the drainboard in our sink. She touched and then I picked it up. IT was a live bat......seriously folks. I dropped it and calmly asked my wife to open the back door.  I took some paper towels and picked it up by the wing and took it out the door and managed to drop it twice before I got it off of our deck and onto the ground.

The critter was making an awful sound and was trying its best to bite me. After I got rid of it, I called the department of health for their advice. The lady told me that I should have captured it and had someone from their department to come out and take it back to test for rabies. About this time, my wife and I were really getting concerned. Since we touched the thing, each of us has had to start a series of rabies shots. The first round consisted of 6 total shots for each of us. Today we got shot number 7 and will get shot number 8 in 10 days. This has been a nightmare in that we cannot figure out how the thing got into our house. I hope I never see another bat for the rest of my life!

Sorry to hear that doc......hope all goes well.........your a good man.....as soon as I realized it was a bat my first call would have been to call the coroner.....to report one crime scene and one murdered bat? .......actually my only close encounter with a bat was taking the mother-in-law on our family vacation to Six Flags.......lucky for me this bat had no teeth? 

18 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Sorry to hear that doc......hope all goes well.........your a good man.....as soon as I realized it was a bat my first call would have been to call the coroner.....to report one crime scene and one murdered bat? .......actually my only close encounter with a bat was taking the mother-in-law on our family vacation to Six Flags.......lucky for me this bat had no teeth? 

But would you use a bat to kill the bat?

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

I always thought that the little devils had sharp fang-like teeth. They have small little white nubby looking teeth. I was told that their bite is so small that it is hard to feel or spot the area unless you see where it bit you. I was surprised that you still could get rabies from touching the critter. Bats groom themselves by licking and if it had rabies, you could get it from touching the animal where you had any kind of scratch or cut in the area directly touched.

Also, it can take as long as 2 years before you actually started having rabies symptoms in that it has to effect brain tissue and is a slow moving disease in some cases. On the other hand, symptoms could start in a few weeks after being bitten. I got all of this information from brochures the health department sent me.  Vampires should have picked a different critter! maybe flying squirrels! 

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I always thought that the little devils had sharp fang-like teeth. They have small little white nubby looking teeth. I was told that their bite is so small that it is hard to feel or spot the area unless you see where it bit you. I was surprised that you still could get rabies from touching the critter. Bats groom themselves by licking and if it had rabies, you could get it from touching the animal where you had any kind of scratch or cut in the area directly touched.

Also, it can take as long as 2 years before you actually started having rabies symptoms in that it has to effect brain tissue and is a slow moving disease in some cases. On the other hand, symptoms could start in a few weeks after being bitten. I got all of this information from brochures the health department sent me.  Vampires should have picked a different critter! maybe flying squirrels! 

Never knew you could get rabies by touching.........it certainly makes sense.

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

some bats do have fang like teeth, but the one we had only had a few nubby like teeth.  They are ugly little devils for sure. Not all bats are rabid though and this is why they must be checked if one gets in your home like the one visitor we had. They can bite you when you are sleeping of which is a scary thing. They are butt ugly no doubt and I have no love for the critters!

If you go to Austin, TX, you can see thousands of them leave their place of rest in the evening as they go bug hunting. They do help with control of insects of which I guess makes them worthwhile.  I love the large bats in Crocodile Dundy.  Those are huge.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

I wonder what other things you could get just from touching......

7 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

I wonder what other things you could get just from touching......

Cooties :moon:

Archived