Raleigh Regional

Batter goes down swinging. State has 3 outs to overcome a 4 run deficit.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Base hit to left field and State has the lead off aboard. 

28 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I heard Casey Dunn interviewed on JOX yesterday.  He said one thing his dad, Sammy Dunn, instilled in all his teams was to never go into a game thinking you can't win it. 

His dad, who I believe might have been the greatest high school coach of all time, instilled primarily respect for the game and the opponent and he never accepted less than your best in that area.

BB. State has 2 aboard with 1 out. 

Strike 3 swinging! NC St is down to their final out with runners in 1st and 2nd. 

High chopper to third, and ballgame. 5-1 Army. We’ll face them tomorrow at 6:00 central. 

Well that makes for an interesting game tomorrow.    Still pitch Mize?  

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

High chopper to third, and ballgame. 5-1 Army. We’ll face them tomorrow at 6:00 central. 

damn didn't expect this. sorta speechless 

LOL!  Everyone is on the same page with the pitcher question.  From my perspective, Mitchell tomorrow.  Hold Mize until Sunday now.  Everything just changed.

Hate to say it but Mitchell has looked better the past couple of weeks.  May want to pitch Mize against Army and save Mitchell for Sunday. 

I say start Mitchell. We hit waaaaay better than NC State.

NCSU has to pitch their ace tomorrow.  Auburn's not going to see him.  Pitch Mize to guarantee a regional final.  Difference in this year and last year is if a Mitchell fails to get the job done on Sunday, Auburn has a legitimate starter in Daniel for an if game on Monday.  Last year's if game there were less than appealing arms available.  Little more depth this year.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

damn didn't expect this. sorta speechless 

They fundamentaled the hell out of them. 

Just now, augolf1716 said:

We got to many damn choices.........................I'm confused what to do................

Drink til a solution presents itself

Just now, SCTiger2011 said:

Drink til a solution presents itself

Way ahead of you, brah. 

In the drivers seat, let’s not mess it up lol. Army’s going to be tough, I say throw Mize and hope Mitchell, Daniel, Greenhill, and Coker can win one of two games. But I’m not CBT so I’m sure he has a plan

Archived