Raleigh Regional

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Drink til a solution presents itself

Well I guess I could do it for the TEAM...................................oh hell why not

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We got to many damn choices.........................I'm confused what to do................

It won't matter if you start tomorrow so long as Gabe keeps the bats in the oven.  If you've got about 80 pitches in you there's a good chance you could get your first W in a regional....

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I say start Mitchell. We hit waaaaay better than NC State.

not really.   They have a marginally higher team batting average at .288 to Auburn's .282.  They have more home runs 81 to 68 for Auburn.     We do have more hits (and also more at bats).  We also have scored more runs 433 - 391.   While we hold the edge in a few offensive categories, they hold the edge in others.    We definitely do NOT hit way better than NC State. 

They have a slight edge in pitching when looking at the team statistics.   ERA:  Auburn 4.13   NC State 3.63.   If Mitchell is on we are in great shape.  Nobody has a pitcher better than Casey Mize.   I like our chances to advance out of this regional at this point. 

Pitcher jogging in from the pen for FSU is the goofiest looking MoFo I've ever seen. 

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It won't matter if you start tomorrow so long as Gabe keeps the bats in the oven.  If you've got about 80 pitches in you there's a good chance you could get your first W in a regional....

We have to keep hitting no matter who pitches.  

6 minutes ago, around4ever said:

We have to keep hitting no matter who pitches.  

Yep, we've proved that the last three times Mize has gone to the mound.  But if we hit like today, and Golf's got the slider working....

FSU just balked in a runner for Samford . Oops lol. 7-5

Good opportunity for Samford to get a couple more but a K and a long fly ball with bases loaded ends it with only one run on the balk. 

8 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, we've proved that the last three times Mize has gone to the mound.  But if we hit like today, and Golf's got the slider working....

via GIPHY

Golf's "slider"

2 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

What channel will the game be on tomorrow ?

Think it's still just going to be internet streaming tomorrow.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong please

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Think it's still just going to be internet streaming tomorrow.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong please

Thanks for the reply, I have Watch ESPN but I would prefer to watch it on T.V instead of the internet.

SAMFORD WINS!!   Who would have thought Samford would beat FSU??  Congrats to Coach Casey Dunn and the Bulldogs!

Bryan Matthews says that Casey Mize will get the ball tomorrow against Army.   That was my thinking as well. 

1 hour ago, aublaise said:

So......who is going to be our starting pithe tomorrow? ??

I'd go with Mize.  Mize has had too many days between starts already. The longer he sits around and gets stale, the more trouble he has. There's that, plus Army could well be the better team anyway.

I think starting Mize is the right decision. Teams have over an 80% chance of advancing to the supers if you start a regional 2-0. I get the idea of starting Mitchell, but I don’t think we should tempt fate against a team who took it to the 1 seed on their home field. 

Just now, boomstick said:

I think starting Mize is the right decision. Teams have over an 80% chance of advancing to the supers if you start a regional 2-0. I get the idea of starting Mitchell, but I don’t think we should tempt fate against a team who took it to the 1 seed on their home field. 

Agree with wanting the 2-0 start. After these last three weeks, I'm not totally convinced Mize gives us the best chance to win a game. I do think he needs the work and if he's on he's definitely the best we have. He simply hasn't had his game on his last three starts. I say put Mize out there tomorrow and have somebody else ready to step in.

52 minutes ago, around4ever said:

SAMFORD WINS!!   Who would have thought Samford would beat FSU??  Congrats to Coach Casey Dunn and the Bulldogs!

They have certainly whupped us enough these last several years. Glad to see somebody else lose to them.

Archived