Raleigh Regional

Welp, we couldn't have asked for a better first two days.  Two big wins and the key bullpen guys haven't been used.  If Army can make NCSU use some arms tomorrow, even better.  Time to make it count and win this thing.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to get cart before horse but gators (our superregional opponent if we & they both win regions I think) look like a worn out pitching pool right now - showing real kinks in their armor.

2 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not to get cart before horse but gators (our superregional opponent if we & they both win regions I think) look like a worn out pitching pool right now - showing real kinks in their armor.

Here's what I think happened to them: First thing, their coach, once the regular season championship was clinched, started messing around, letting subs start games and didn't care if they got swept in their final SEC series at MSU or not. This killed their momentum and intensity, they didn't regain that in the SEC tournament and may not have it back yet. However, their personnel is exceptional and if/when they do get serious, they'll be a handful for anybody.

12 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Auburn in a good place right now.....

WDE!

I'm apprehensive. The scars of last year are still too real. 

So I remember people sayin NC State had two “stud” starters. Does anyone know by chance who they’re throwing today against army? Army’s pen seems depleted so doubtful they win but it would be awesome if they do

I’m assuming we’ll be playing state tonight.  Would love to hear some insight Friday m the N.C. state guys that came by the board.  

Pitching situation specifically.  Who would start game 4 for them and what their pen looks like.  I was commenting Friday  that we’d hosed up their pen since they had a multiple guys throw 30 pitches ... would their coach throw those guys tonight?  I’d assume so?

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

I’m assuming we’ll be playing state tonight.  Would love to hear some insight Friday m the N.C. state guys that came by the board.  

Pitching situation specifically.  Who would start game 4 for them and what their pen looks like.  I was commenting Friday  that we’d hosed up their pen since they had a multiple guys throw 30 pitches ... would their coach throw those guys tonight?  I’d assume so?

Hope their game against Army goes extra innings and they end up using five arms lol. 

1 hour ago, au302 said:

So I remember people sayin NC State had two “stud” starters. Does anyone know by chance who they’re throwing today against army? Army’s pen seems depleted so doubtful they win but it would be awesome if they do

As of last night it was anybody's guess.  In their last four conference series the Pack has used four different starters on Sunday (game 3)...Harrison, Justice, Piedmonte, and Bienlien.  Harrison pitched 1 1/3 in the first game against Army so I would assume it might not be him.   My guess is without any clear cut option it won't matter, Avent will be quick with the hook and hope to find somebody to get on a roll.  

M1 and NC State is up 1-0 on a sac fly. 

Army gets a runner on but nothing comes of it as he's caught stealing. 1-0 State after the first. 

123 inning for NC State. 1-0 State middle 2. 

Army sat down in order. 1-0 after 2. 

NC State threatening with 2 outs T3 now. Pretty marginal strike zone. 

Comes to nothing. M3 remains 1-0 State. 

Army down in order. 1-0 after 3. 

Game is moving along. Guy is throwing a no hitter so far. Not exactly ideal for us.

NC state threatening again. Runners in 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. 

Army fights their way out of it once again with a k and a flyout. 1-0 M4. Army needs to get the bats going second time through the lineup. 

NC State making a pitching change for a guy throwing a no hitter due to injury. Wow. 

NC State’s reliever inherits a 3-0 count, promptly issues a walk and Army has their second baserunner of the game. 

Caught stealing on the hit and run. 

A pitcher's duel really sucks for us. Hopefully both teams can't start scoring and get into each other's pitching a little more. Either that or keep it it low scoring, have Army tie it up, and go into extra innings. 

Archived