2019 3* RB Tye Edwards

ellitor

AU loves him & is recruiting him as a RB
AU & UGA are the only teams wanting him as a RB at the moment. The rest like him at LB.
10 major conference offers including AU, UGA, Bama, Oregon, Vols, & Aggies

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Somebody recruit the ref . 1 minute in and he is stride for stride with tye . 

lol your right. Dang he was high stepping

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

crappy competition...south Florida

I thought those 2 things were mutually exclusive in high school football?

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I thought those 2 things were mutually exclusive in high school football?

Yeah I thought in south Florida all the teams were good.  Maybe he just makes them look bad.  Small and slow not a good combination for a DB trying to tackle this guy. 

Maybe @augolf1716 can comment on some of those schools he’s going up against 

On 6/3/2018 at 12:10 AM, corchjay said:

Yeah I thought in south Florida all the teams were good.  Maybe he just makes them look bad.  Small and slow not a good combination for a DB trying to tackle this guy. 

Maybe @augolf1716 can comment on some of those schools he’s going up against 

Well he plays at Pedro Menendez in St. Augustine, Fl which is northeast Fl. its decent competition but not south Fl. good. Overall looking at their schedule its fairly weak and they finish 8-4 last year with a playoff win

edit......I should also say J'ville/St. Augustine area has a few good teams but they have to travel if they want real competition ex. go to Orlando/central Fl. area. As a matter of fact Pedro Menendez high played Oak Ridge here in Orlando for their spring game

I like what I saw, sign this kid and Noah, we already have two TE/H-Back, a great QB and a great WR in this class. One more top WR and all the skill positions would be filled on O then we need to get some more OL's to go with the one we have already recruited. What is a good scary is as good as O recruiting is going D seems to be doing even better. Looks like Booth may becoming our way and we have an awful lot of other talented D players committed or seriously thinking about committing to pull in one of our best D classes in a while. Really want to see us a pull a few of the DL's that seem to like us but have not committed yet and same for DB's then need two more LB's this year but with TWill I expect it to happen.

I have seen signs that we are getting some serious consideration from some top notch guard types with a couple who also might be able to play OT but with Grimes starting late these will be the toughest pulls. I am hoping the quality of the other recruits and the area recruiters can help with the O-line recruiting this year as I believe a great O-line recruitment this year can start to allow us to start the process of re-loading as opposed to re-building .

This kid and NC would be 2 great RB recruits.  6'3"/212.  That is a monster RB.  Put another 20 lbs of muscle on him and he would make a great thunder to any of the lightening that we have on roster.

Hard to tell his speed without knowing the competition, but he seems to be a powerful runner that doesn't get chased down. I like what I saw. He seems to run with a little nastiness.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hard to tell his speed without knowing the competition, but he seems to be a powerful runner that doesn't get chased down. I like what I saw. He seems to run with a little nastiness.

On 6/3/2018 at 11:35 AM, augolf1716 said:

Well he plays at Pedro Menendez in St. Augustine, Fl which is northeast Fl. its decent competition but not south Fl. good. Overall looking at their schedule its fairly weak and they finish 8-4 last year with a playoff win

edit......I should also say J'ville/St. Augustine area has a few good teams but they have to travel if they want real competition ex. go to Orlando/central Fl. area. As a matter of fact Pedro Menendez high played Oak Ridge here in Orlando for their spring game

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That requires me trusting what you say and, well ...

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Man that's a deep subject........................ Stop being a horses behind

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You missed a layup there to Bird...

You're (Golf) old & senile so ummm yeah.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You missed a layup there to Bird...

You're (Golf) old & senile so ummm yeah.

I set him up he falls flat on his ass. it really does get old trying to help the kid

Auburn makes 'big move' for RB target

Jeffrey Lee

AUBURN | Tye Edwards visited Auburn for Big Cat on Saturday and will return in the fall for an official visit.

No doubt about it.

“Auburn has made a big move for me,” Edwards said. “I like it at Auburn. Auburn has a nice campus. It’s beautiful. I’ll definitely be back.”

Edwards, who is from Menendez in St. Augustine, Fla., was one of 31 recruits at Big Cat. It was Edwards’ first visit to Auburn.

“It was fun,” Edwards said. “The activities we did weren’t about football. No other team has done that and I liked it.”

Edwards spent a lot of time during the visit with running backs coach Tim Horton.

“I like Coach Horton,” Edwards said. “He’s a real cool dude, a nice dude. I like him a lot.”

There’s a reason Edwards was with Horton. Edwards could play running back or linebacker in college, but Auburn likes him more on offense.

“Auburn offered as an athlete, but they want me mostly at running back,” Edwards said. “They are trying to get me because they don’t have any big backs anymore and want me to step up to the plate.”

That’s fine with Edwards.

“I don’t like linebacker, to be honest,” he said.

Edwards could return to Auburn for an official visit the weekend of the Tennessee game (Oct. 12-14). Menendez has a bye that week. He also plans to take official visits to Oregon Texas A&M.

“I like Auburn,” he said. “Auburn is in the top three.”

It is hard to believe this kid doesn't like playing LB.  The way he hits on both sides of the ball seems more like a LB playing RB.

His Running Back skills look a lot more impressive to me than his LB skills....I personally like him better than Cain. That said, I dont completely trust my judgement  :ucrazy:

Archived