What was your first Auburn game?

RunInRed

On 6/4/2018 at 5:48 AM, kevon67 said:

I was working that day and listened to on radio........I feel for you.....that game was painful to listen to.

Indeed it was painful to listen to. Plus couldn’t tell why as there was no TV. I think it was due to a maximum of one PPV per season and no network would pick it up. Weird. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first game was the 1968 Miami game on October 26th where we won 31-6.  Our defense was awesome that game from what I remember.

1975 Iron Bowl at Legion Field. I was not even remotely a football fan or an AU fan then so I remember nothing about the game except we lost and it was Shug's final game. I did not become a fan until I started attending AU in 78. I attended almost all of the home games for 4 years plus an Iron Bowl or two.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:03 PM, doc4aday said:

My first game was the 1968 Miami game on October 26th where we won 31-6.  Our defense was awesome that game from what I remember.

Saw that game myself defense held Miami to minus yards rushing I believe Dave Campbell had a lot to do with that.

On 6/29/2018 at 9:23 PM, augolf1716 said:

Saw that game myself defense held Miami to minus yards rushing I believe Dave Campbell had a lot to do with that.

I was there too.  I think Loran Carter was our QB and George Mira was supposed to be something great for Miami but he couldn’t do anything against our defense.  And wasn’t Ted Hendrix playing for Miami?  I remember one play where this gigantic hand from a Miami guy who looked like he was 10 feet tall just reached out and caught a ball in mid flight that our QB threw over the middle.  Snatched it right out of the air with one hand.

7 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I was there too.  I think Loran Carter was our QB and George Mira was supposed to be something great for Miami but he couldn’t do anything against our defense.  And wasn’t Ted Hendrix playing for Miami?  I remember one play where this gigantic hand from a Miami guy who looked like he was 10 feet tall just reached out and caught a ball in mid flight that our QB threw over the middle.  Snatched it right out of the air with one hand.

yes Ted was on that team

Archived