Baseball vs. NC State (Raleigh Region Final)

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well there's not a rule that says someone has to touch the ball for it to be an error.  By all rights, an E can be issued.  Question is to who?

Everyone around the ball gets 1/4th of an error? lol

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well there's not a rule that says someone has to touch the ball for it to be an error.  By all rights, an E can be issued.  Question is to who?

Actually, the rule does say the ball doesn’t have to be touch for there to be an error, at least in the MLB rulebook I just Googled (Rule 10.12). I guess all the years of it typically not being ruled an error made me think that touching was a requirement. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Actually, the rule does say the ball doesn’t have to be touch for there to be an error, at least in the MLB rulebook I just Googled (Rule 10.12). I guess all the years of it typically not being ruled an error made me think that touching was a requirement. 

Yeah, that's what I was saying.  The rule is "ordinary effort".  Best example is game 6 of the 86 series.  Buckner never actually touches that ball, but its still an E.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

It has always been kind of an unwritten rule. 

Base hit. Lead batter on again. Recipe for success right there. 

The ball might have to bounce 3 feet in front of a plate for this guy to call a low pitch a ball. 

What I think: let Davis go back in for the ninth. If things get dicey, go to Coker. If things get REALLY dicey, run out Mize. Only threw 95 last night. I imagine he’s got 15 more or so

Just now, StuBob said:

Just checking in...score and inning, now? Thanks.

13-6 AU T9

Just now, StuBob said:

Just checking in...score and inning, now? Thanks.

Ditto.

Someone please post the score and inning.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

What I think: let Davis go back in for the ninth. If things get dicey, go to Coker. If things get REALLY dicey, run out Mize. Only threw 95 last night. I imagine he’s got 15 more or so

Coach Martin, is that you?

Archived