Baseball vs. NC State (Raleigh Region Final)

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Avent will be quick with the hook tonight. 

And there it is. 

Just now, jared52 said:

Wow, cool play by the CF to barehand that ball to prevent a triple but another big AU run. 

Hope he’s ok. 

I hope we at least put a bunch of pitches into him and run him in as few innings as possible.

btw ... low strike zone favors Coker in a relief appearance. Then Greenhill to close out the ninth?  After Mitchell throws a solid 6 innings.

spent 2 hours yesterday trying to get ESPN 3 on this computer and all I got was Charter blaming Windstream and Windstream saying it was not their issue. Three different computers and none of them will open the site.....Tomorrow I guess I'm gonna have to give it another try when I have the time again.   

So I'm limited to what they have on the standard ESPN and SEC channels.....and radio version of coure.

Nice that AU has gotten off to a good start and already has NCSU dipping into their bull pen...

Welp. Damage done. 4-0 going to the B2. 

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I hope we at least put a bunch of pitches into him and run him in as few innings as possible.

btw ... low strike zone favors Coker in a relief appearance. Then Greenhill to close out the ninth?  After Mitchell throws a solid 6 innings.

I was just thinking the same thing....

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Acceptable inning.

I won’t fell too comfortable with anything less than a 5 run cushion. They’ve slumped since midseason, but they’re still dangerous. 

Mitchell had a bit of a rough patch there but fought through it. Pitch count at 35. 4-0 AU after 2. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Did y’all hear them say this pitcher had given up only 3 runs ... all year!

we get one in a couple batters.

Yeah but he’s their closer. Let’s see how he does in an extended relief appearance. 

Base hit. Lead off runner on again. LOL. Hit it right past the shift. Nice job, Edouard. 

Perfect bunt from Jarvis. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out. 

Here’s our best hitter in the regional though. 

Archived