2019 4* OG William Putnam (Clemson)

ellitor

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gus Malzahn's offense. The play calling is extremely subtle, and without a firm grasp of the whirlybird, most of the plays go over the typical defensive coordinator's head. There's also Gus's stubborn outlook, which is deftly woven into his coaching--his personal philosophy draws heavily from Tecmo Bowl gameplay, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the workings of these plays, to realize they're not just successful-they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gus Malzahn truly ARE idiots--of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Gus's existential catchphrase "we had a good week of practice," which itself is a cryptic reference to Houston Nutt's great catchphrase, "that was a called play, and I called it Chuck!" I'm smirking right now just imagining one of these addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Steven Leath's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools...how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Gus Malzahn tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 wins on EA Sports NCAA Football of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personal kid 😎

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What? Let's be real here for a moment. The top OL's in the country visit all of the schools. All of them. All of them multiple times. That has nothing to do with any of this really. 

bama and uga know everything about these kids when they hit their campus. Know the names of the family all the way to their aunts and uncles. Know what the kid like to do beside football. It's amazing what these analyst will find out. They know the families birthdays. Send birthday cards to all of them. It's really stalking. I can go on and on. 

AU? Not anywhere to this extent. Gus has at his disposal to do what bama and uga do. Just won't or trust anyone to do this. 

And this is the difference in “big league” and “bush league” programs....

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

We need him and about 3 more SEC caliber olinemen

He’ll probably go to FSU but Putnam sounds like a Clemson player

Nah....He signs with us!

On 12/18/2018 at 7:35 AM, McLoofus said:

Seems entirely possible that Gus exerts greater influence over the process than other, more successful head coaches. Especially the 2 defensive guys you mention.

Everything about Gus suggests that he wants as little outside input as possible. Look at how he handles his hiring of offensive staff. He's not growing a tree, he's pruning one. Still hoping to hear about him inviting other coaches and various types of consultants to campus in the offseason to mine new ideas and perspectives, but to my knowledge he hasn't shown much curiosity in learning different ways to do things. 

why would he,  he "wrote the book" on how to run a HUNH offense.     Most published authors kinda think they know everything.    That is Gus' only real flaw - pride.    All the other little things come from this.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:32 AM, AUwent said:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gus Malzahn's offense. The play calling is extremely subtle, and without a firm grasp of the whirlybird, most of the plays go over the typical defensive coordinator's head. There's also Gus's stubborn outlook, which is deftly woven into his coaching--his personal philosophy draws heavily from Tecmo Bowl gameplay, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the workings of these plays, to realize they're not just successful-they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gus Malzahn truly ARE idiots--of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Gus's existential catchphrase "we had a good week of practice," which itself is a cryptic reference to Houston Nutt's great catchphrase, "that was a called play, and I called it Chuck!" I'm smirking right now just imagining one of these addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Steven Leath's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools...how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, I DO have a Gus Malzahn tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 wins on EA Sports NCAA Football of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personal kid 😎

Image result for bravo gif

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

Im gonna guess FSU. Hope im wrong tho. 

Clemson I would guess. Because they are a huge thorn in our side on the field and off these days.

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Don't think it'll be us, but I keep hearing we're right in it...

That is just something recruiting people say to try and keep people still interested when it will not be the team they are covering lol

Archived