2019 4* OG William Putnam (Clemson)

ellitor

On 12/20/2018 at 1:17 PM, DonDraper said:

No one really left on the OL 

Incorrect. Kamaar Bell may not be the same Caliber but we are recruiting him for the same guard position.

Also Grad Transfer targets will come out in the coming months.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/20/2018 at 1:18 PM, TigerFanAU said:

This is a bad miss by Auburn. Offensive line recruiting is killing our team and program. Can we bring in Ryan Pugh or someone with some personality that can relate to recruits and parents?

Won't matter if the OL coaches are still not being heard on eval input, not help decide what OL to go after, & not allowed to cast a wider net.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:22 PM, McLoofus said:

But when recruit after recruit after recruit doesn't choose School B, it's absolutely an indictment. 

Not to mention a number of quaulity not given the option to choose school B.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:24 PM, auskip07 said:

CC  route is more important right now. 

Any CCs that could help immediately have already signed with other schools.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, wildlife alumni said:

A good evaluater can find guys to fill the positions and then DEVELOP them. Should never be this low on talented o lineman. May not have guys ready out of high school but should have Juniors and Senior ready to go. If you get a great young guy then that is just gravy.

Unfortunately Gus has not grasped this concept before now nor the importance of it. He also hasn't grasped the concept of taking numbers knowing at least 40% of recruits don't pan out.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Smh. It's like Clemson is everything we were supposed to be

All it takes is us to get lucky like clemson did with our head coach hire next year for us to turn it around. It is the one missing link. Clemson was not even close to as good of a program as us before Dabo and look at them now.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

All it takes is us to get lucky like clemson did with our head coach hire next year for us to turn it around. It is the one missing link. Clemson was not even close to as good of a program as us before Dabo and look at them now.

If you put us side by side after cam was drafted and look at their decisions as opposed to ours. They out recruited us and like you stated good hires. Everything they offer we offer up to the actual schools campuses and area is similar. They recruit the same area. They really show how we much better of a job we could be doing with the EXACT same resources. Probably could argue they started with a little less it's like we can NEVER have two great seasons in a row to reap the benefits and show people we know what we're doing.....we're not just out here being lucky

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you put us side by side after cam was drafted and look at their decisions as opposed to ours. They out recruited us and like you stated good hires. Everything they offer we offer up to the actual schools campuses and area is similar. They recruit the same area. They really show how we much better of a job we could be doing with the EXACT same resources. Probably could argue they started with a little less it's like we can NEVER have two great seasons in a row to reap the benefits and show people we know what we're doing.....we're not just out here being lucky

Well freaking said. Completely co sign if some hick school in bum f#$% South Carolina with a lot less tradition than us (before dabo) can have this kind of success THEN THERE IS NO excuses why we cannot. 

Clemson has done some good recruiting in recent years but IMO mostly they hit the jackpot with 4 outstanding  QBs in a row. (plus a 4* backup for Lawrence)

Four top QBs from the state of Georgia which should make the bulldogs unhappy...in fact Clemson has been cleaning house in the state of Georgia from Atlanta to the South Carolina state line in recent years.. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Four top QBs from the state of Georgia which should make the bulldogs unhappy

Of the 4 I know, 2 are Lawrence & Watson. Who are the other 2? Bryant is from South Carolina if he was one you are thinking about. Not sure if UGA is unhappy about it. They do more of the QB recruiting on major targets out of state for some reason. They did want Lawrence but were never in it for Watson. Going back to 2010 UGA in state QB signiees were only From, Fields, Ramsey, & Mason & 2 of them have been since 2017.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

(plus a 4* backup for Lawrence)

The only back up for Lawrence on scholly is Chase Brice, a 3*.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Of the 4 I know, 2 are Lawrence & Watson. Who are the other 2? Bryant is from South Carolina if he was one you are thinking about. Not sure if UGA is unhappy about it. They do more of the QB recruiting on major targets out of state for some reason. They did want Lawrence but were never in it for Watson. Going back to 2010 UGA in state QB signiees were only From, Fields, Ramsey, & Mason & 2 of them have been since 2017.

The only back up for Lawrence on scholly is Chase Brice, a 3*.

last couple years they also got Brice and Cooper...both listed on the rivals Clemson site as 4 * they years they were signed.    

my primary point was that the rise of clemson in the football world coincided with the recruitment of some top QBs starting with Taj Boyd...right up to the present day.   As for the dawgs.....so they preferred Eason and Fields?...and got them too.....or had them briefly. .

I think Clemson is like most top football teams...they are mostly as good as their QBs ….and tonight should show us some of that...to see which QB is having a championship level game. ...JMO

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

last couple years they also got Brice and Cooper...both listed on the rivals Clemson site as 4 * they years they were signed.    

my primary point was that the rise of clemson in the football world coincided with the recruitment of some top QBs starting with Taj Boyd...right up to the present day.   As for the dawgs.....so they preferred Eason and Fields?...and got them too.....or had them briefly. .

I think Clemson is like most top football teams...they are mostly as good as their QBs ….and tonight should show us some of that...to see which QB is having a championship level game. ...JMO

I'm mostly inclined to agree with you, but don't forget that Clemson beat us in consecutive years averaging 16.5 points. Granted, our offense did its level best to make sure they got those wins, but Clemson's defense has been one of the best in the country for a few years now. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm mostly inclined to agree with you, but don't forget that Clemson beat us in consecutive years averaging 16.5 points. Granted, our offense did its level best to make sure they got those wins, but Clemson's defense has been one of the best in the country for a few years now. 

True...our D was pretty good too but QB situation was a disaster

So tonight...  Will either team get to 30?

Just now, AU64 said:

True...our D was pretty good too but QB situation was a disaster

So tonight...  Will either team get to 30?

I'll probably find out tomorrow morning :)

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'll probably find out tomorrow morning :)

Understandable ...but I am hardcore college football and pretty much watch 'em all ....so will go with this one until a winner is pretty certain. 

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

Understandable ...but I am hardcore college football and pretty much watch 'em all ....so will go with this one until a winner is pretty certain. 

Gotta fess up. I watched every minute of it. 

On 1/7/2019 at 8:09 AM, AU64 said:

Cooper...both listed on the rivals Clemson site as 4 * they years they were signed.    

Cooper, whoever he is, is not on their roster now.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:09 AM, AU64 said:

so they preferred Eason and Fields?...and got them too.....or had them briefly.

Yes but I don't see your point. Eason was from Washington. Fields in state. My point is Fields of only a few in state QBs UGA has wanted since 2010. The afore mentioned Taj Boyd is from Virginia, not Georgia.

Archived