2019 4* OG William Putnam (Clemson)

ellitor

2 hours ago, LakeBum said:

I believe Coe was a state wrestling champion.  Those guys are in terrific shape, quick and always strong for their size. 

I live in Summerville, SC, and substitute taught for a few years. I had both Robert Quinn and Carlos Dunlap in class...two very good wrestlers. 

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Also, I had no idea he is a state champion wrestler and I coach wrestling in the same state! I’ll keep an eye out for him this year.

I’m pretty sure it’s called ‘Wrasslin” south of the Mason Dixon line. 

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

like Putnam and I didn’t think we were still in it with him.

Auburn has been in it and may have pulled even since big cat weekend.

31 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Does facilities have enough people when they roll out the Red Carpet. If not I can round up some fellas to help, or is that a NC2A recruiting violation?

What do you mean do facilities have enough people? They are not involved with the recruiting process

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

This guy would be such a major get for us. 

Agreed! Hopefully we'll put on a show of force for him against LSU...

Maybe trouncing LSU might open some other players eyes even wider...

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed! Hopefully we'll put on a show of force for him against LSU...

Maybe trouncing LSU might open some other players eyes even wider...

Would sure make *me* feel good. 

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

What do you mean do facilities have enough people? They are not involved with the recruiting process

Facilities, the guys who fix things around campus, or at least that’s what they were called when I was in school. Having them help roll out the red carpet for the Athletics department...... this is now the lamest attempt at a funny in the history of posts ????

6 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Facilities, the guys who fix things around campus, or at least that’s what they were called when I was in school. Having them help roll out the red carpet for the Athletics department...... this is now the lamest attempt at a funny in the history of posts ????

I got it. It was solid!

13 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

I live in Summerville, SC, and substitute taught for a few years. I had both Robert Quinn and Carlos Dunlap in class...two very good wrestlers. 

That's my hometown!

Fellow Greenwave?

13 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

10 minutes ago, looney said:

That's my hometown!

Fellow Greenwave?

I missed this earlier. War Eagle from Hilton Head and y'all please stay safe and dry up there. 

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

The weight loss is tricky. If done correctly it’s not too hard to stay lean and maintain strength. Too many football coaches discourage wrestling for one reason or another.

Today’s reasoning has actually changed from when I was in high school. With all of these camps and 7-on7 tournaments football, like so many other sports, is slowly becoming closer and closer to being an all year thing. Basketball, wrestling, baseball, football, and I’m sure others have gotten to the point where, if you want to be better than good, you have to put in work almost all offseason. It’s tough on these kids and it’s becoming harder and harder to juggle.

I remember my sophomore year I was young enough to play for the recreational team, played for varsity, wrestled, did weightlifting, and even some cross country. Honestly it’s been the hardest year of my life even till this day.

Mom always insisted if we were doing sports all year then we had less time to be getting into touble.

I hear ya.  Football,  Rec Hoops, Track and then Baseball.  All good for a letterman’s jacket!   Lol. 

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I knew what you meant. I just didn't think about them related to recruiting since they aren't involved at all in that matter at AU.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn I lived in Goose Creek Crowfield Golf course area...........back when Hugo hit

Me too, Golf.  Flew at Charleston AFB for 13 short and wonderful years.  My next door neighbor's house was next to the 10th green at Crowfield.  If I remember, around Christmas of 1989 we had over a foot of snow.  Interesting year for weather...

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn I lived in Goose Creek Crowfield Golf course area...........back when Hugo hit

Played Crowfield once or twice in my youth.

I was too young to hang out at bars that served PBR in 1989, so we probably never crossed paths.

6 hours ago, looney said:

Played Crowfield once or twice in my youth.

I was too young to hang out at bars that served PBR in 1989, so we probably never crossed paths.

Poor thing

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

All thread derailments ultimately ending up with talk about PBRs. Why is that ??

Bunch of suck ups. I’ve told Golf to keep that hipster beer away from me many times.

?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Bunch of suck ups. I’ve told Golf to keep that hipster beer away from me many times.

?

Ok. I was afraid it was some kind of terrible AUF black hole that ended up at PBR. Good to know I’m safe from that

Archived