bruce's contract extended through 22-23 season

aubiefifty

This is for G-Will- Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO vWoo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO vWoo HOO Woo HOO vWoo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO vvWoo HOO vWoo HOO vWoo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO vvWoo HOO vvvWoo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO Woo HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like Auburn basketball is going to be a force for a long time to come. Should be loaded for 2018-19 and ready for bear no doubt!

Based on the published salaries I've seen, Pearl's base salary is in line with the pay of other SEC coaches (excluding Calipari). From what I've read in the news, most are being paid $2 - $2.5 million per year. So, his salary looks pretty good, especially with the built in increases.

Once he begins taking Auburn to the Elite 8 and Final 4 regularly, he can argue for the Calipari pay scale. I hope that kind of success begins next season!

• WarTiger changed the title to bruce's contract extended through 22-23 season

This makes all of our big three coaches secured for years! Football basketball baseball at Auburn is set up nicely!

Auburn Basketball

Bruce Pearl: Auburn basketball has 'unfinished business' heading into next season

Updated Jun 28, 12:11 PM; Posted Jun 28, 12:10 PM

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl said his team has some "unfinished business" heading into next season. (Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

By Tom Green

tgreen@al.com

Bruce Pearl didn't shy away from playing the disrespect card after his team was picked by one CBS Sports writer to finish 4-14 in SEC play before earning a share of the league's regular-season title.

This offseason, Pearl -- fresh off a contract extension -- is touting a slightly different tune. No, the Tigers don't feel disrespected; they feel like they have some "unfinished business" to attend to in 2018-19.

"The chemistry and the work ethic, guys are grinning," Pearl said Thursday on the SEC coaches summer teleconference. "They're focused. We feel like we've got unfinished business.... We're excited about our team and the state of our program."

Auburn finished last season 26-8 overall, including 13-5 in the SEC. The Tigers also earned a berth in the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2003, defeating College of Charleston in the first round before suffering a lopsided defeat at the hands of Clemson in the second round, 84-53.

Auburn also accomplished that despite playing the entire season without two of its best players, Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy, who were held out amid concerns about their eligibility stemming from the FBI's investigation into the criminal influence of money on college basketball.

While the sour note that last season ended on could be reason enough for Auburn to feel like it has unfinished business, Pearl expounded a little further on his statement.

"I think there's a lot of guys on our roster who are hungry," Pearl said.

That includes Wiley and Purifoy, who both decided to return for another season after the NCAA ruled on their eligibility. Wiley, the Tigers' 6-foot-11 center, will be eligible at the start of the season, while Purifoy, a 6-foot-7 wing, can return after sitting out 30 percent of Auburn's games to start the season.

"Austin Wiley, didn't play last year, got his eligibility back and is in good standing," Pearl said. "Tested the waters and was told he wasn't going to be a first-round pick, so I think he made a very wise decision to come back and get into the first round next year, and I think he can. He's got unfinished business. Danjel Purifoy, also ineligible last year, he's got unfinished business."

It also applies to Auburn's starting backcourt of Jared Harper and Bryce Brown, both of whom tested the NBA Draft waters before opting to return for another season on the Plains. Pearl also pointed to how Harper, at 5-foot-10, is often overlooked while being the smallest player on the court, yet he typically wins his matchup at point guard. Brown, meanwhile, was the 369th-ranked player coming out of high school and has kept that chip on his shoulder through his time at Auburn.

"(Brown has) been overlooked his whole career," Pearl said. "He's hungry. He feels like he's got unfinished business."

Swingman Malik Dunbar is also eager to carve out a more substantial and consistent role on the team, while former VCU guard Samir Doughty is ready to prove himself after sitting out last season due to NCAA transfer rules.

Rising sophomore Chuma Okeke will have an expanded, "more dominant role" this season. Anfernee McLemore is coming off a devastating leg injury that sidelined him late last season and will look to bounce back from that serious setback.

"He's hungry and has unfinished business," Pearl said, "and we don't mind stating that."

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

12 hours ago, toddc said:

This makes all of our big three coaches secured for years! Football basketball baseball at Auburn is set up nicely!

First time in a long long time

Lets goooo I can't wait to see our full roster of guys out there this year. I will not be upset at a slightly lesser number of regular season wins if it means winning at least 1 SEC tourney game and getting to the 2nd weekend in the NCAAs. I think we could hit our peak at the right time this year once we adjust to Danjel being back in the lineup after the first 9 or 10 games.

Fingers crossed Danjel is allowed to play vs NC State because I am very much looking forward to seeing our guys in person

Also takes a lot of weight off Green to be able to focus on more critical avenues in the athletic department early on, knowing he has good coaches with their teams trending up in the near future. Possibly extended future. 

Archived