aubiefifty

bruce's contract extended through22-23 season

Recommended Posts

AUBURN ATHLETICS EXTENDS HEAD BASKETBALL COACH BRUCE PEARL’S CONTRACT THROUGH 2022-2023 SEASON

Auburn-basketball-SEC-title-celebration-

June 4, 2018

After earning its third Southeastern Conference title in program history, Auburn Athletics has extended the contract of head coach Bruce Pearl through the 2022-2023 season.

“It was a historic season for Auburn basketball and one that was matched by excellence in the classroom as well,” Director of Athletics Allen Greene said.

Over the past five years, the Auburn men’s basketball program has produced the highest NCAA academic progress rate (APR) in program history while leading the SEC with 18 graduates and three seasons of perfect APR scores.

“We take great pride in providing our student-athletes with an abundance of resources to help with their overall development,” Greene said. “Coach Pearl shares my commitment to ensuring the holistic development of our student-athletes and adhering to the mission of Auburn University as an institution of higher learning.”

“Our coaches and student-athletes believe in Auburn and we love it,” Pearl said. “We came here to work hard, make a positive difference on the campus and in the community and bring credibility and championships back to Auburn basketball. I’m grateful to President Dr. Steven Leath and Director of Athletics Allen Greene for their commitment and support. My family is blessed to be a part of the Auburn Family.”

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060418aab.html

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i forgot to say this is a huge relief to me.war damn eagle!

For a lot of us as well.  Looking forward to seeing our basketball teams being competitive for several years.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now, this is a contract extension I 100% support!!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disappointment for Finescum and the dweeb who said he would certainly be gone. Can’t remember which dweeb it was. There are many on his show.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen Greene doing work. If Gus has truly turned a corner, the three big sports will be good for awhile. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Allen Greene doing work. If Gus has truly turned a corner, the three big sports will be good for awhile. 

It is fun to think that Auburn is competitive in just about every sport they field.  Not many schools can say that.  In the end this will help our recruiting as well because any sporting event a student athlete wants to go watch in Auburn, it will be fun and competitive because Auburn has something to play for in every sport. 

Edited by abw0004

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per Crepea from his article- Pearl was set to enter the fifth year of his original six-year contract, which had $5.25 million in base salary remaining. The extension now gives him five years remaining on his deal, which calls for Pearl to earn $2.6 million in 2018-19 with $100,000 increases per year for a total of $14 million through 2022-23.  So I guess I was assuming he would be in line for a raise but in reality he got the exact same contract agreement as the initial contract on increases of $100,000 annually which is strictly an extension only.  I'm sure the involved parties know much more about this than me and if Bruce is happy then we're all happy. Am I looking at this wrong? :dunno:  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Per Crepea from his article- Pearl was set to enter the fifth year of his original six-year contract, which had $5.25 million in base salary remaining. The extension now gives him five years remaining on his deal, which calls for Pearl to earn $2.6 million in 2018-19 with $100,000 increases per year for a total of $14 million through 2022-23.  So I guess I was assuming he would be in line for a raise but in reality he got the exact same contract agreement as the initial contract on increases of $100,000 annually which is strictly an extension only.  I'm sure the involved parties know much more about this than me and if Bruce is happy then we're all happy. Am I looking at this wrong? :dunno:  

Well, Pearl was insisting that his assistants need to be up to par with the other SEC assistants in salary, so that may be where he focused getting more money.

He got his extension so by 2022-23 he will be making 3 mil.It's possible that his bonuses also were increased. I think he made $250,000 in bonuses this year. 

It's still amazing he didn't get a base salary raise after winning the SEC after 20 years. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Well, Pearl was insisting that his assistants need to be up to par with the other SEC assistants in salary, so that may be where he focused getting more money.

He got his extension so by 2022-23 he will be making 3 mil.It's possible that his bonuses also were increased. I think he made $250,000 in bonuses this year. 

It's still amazing he didn't get a base salary raise after winning the SEC after 20 years. 

Agree, I just know that he is making the same base salary the next two years either way. Like you said, maybe bonuses changed or it was all about the assistants for him. Either way, glad it has been finalized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i've always hoped that some of the coaches salaries would be bonus heavy.  If Pearl wins the SEC next year ... give him a half mil?  An extra $100k each round he moves through the NCAA tourney, etc...

I'm also very pleased about the academic progress the team has made.  That is also very impressive along side the progression on the court.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Per Crepea from his article- Pearl was set to enter the fifth year of his original six-year contract, which had $5.25 million in base salary remaining. The extension now gives him five years remaining on his deal, which calls for Pearl to earn $2.6 million in 2018-19 with $100,000 increases per year for a total of $14 million through 2022-23.  So I guess I was assuming he would be in line for a raise but in reality he got the exact same contract agreement as the initial contract on increases of $100,000 annually which is strictly an extension only.  I'm sure the involved parties know much more about this than me and if Bruce is happy then we're all happy. Am I looking at this wrong? :dunno:  

While i would have expected a raise on base in addition to the extra $100,00.00 per year probably all the issues cause by the Person's scandal gave the university pause. I  believe it was stated that the assistants will be kept and get raises. I would not be surprised if next year assuming we are as good as this year or better with no new issues that you could see the Administration revisit a raise for Coach Pearl. We have extended him which will help in recruiting because potential recruits will know he is here for the long haul.

I am a very Happy Camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I too was hoping for a bigger raise, I'm pumped to have Bruce signed up for an extension. Best BBall coach we'll ever see here at AU, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now