Auburn Players Drafted

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm feeling pretty good myself just won a big big bet $$$$$. Thank you Casey . Great day for Casey and Auburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just pray he can stay focus I know it would be very hard for me to do so

I bet he comes back to Auburn not near enough money.......................................I kid I kid

The 2018 MLB draft is underway with the Detroit Tigers making Auburn ace Casey Mize the No. 1 overall pick. Follow along for pick-by-pick results.

There's no surprise at the top of the draft as the Detroit Tigers make Auburn ace Casey Mize the No. 1 overall pick. Powered by a dominant splitter and elite control, Mize is No. 1 in Keith Law's draft rankings.

1. Detroit Tigers/$8,096,300 Casey Mize RHP Auburn

Four players selected number one overall in NFL Draft and now Mize the top overall pick in MLB draft.

The Tigers are going through a rebuilding mode right now but according to some experts they are playing better than most expected. 

A former Major League pitcher told me its not how hard you throw but being able to change speeds. His perfect case in point was Jamie Moyer. Congrats and good luck CM.

1 minute ago, milehighfan said:

Four players selected number one overall in NFL Draft and now Mize the top overall pick in MLB draft.

The Tigers are going through a rebuilding mode right now but according to some experts they are playing better than most expected. 

A former Major League pitcher told me its not how hard you throw but being able to change speeds. His perfect case in point was Jamie Moyer. Congrats and good luck CM.

Two more would be Maddox and Glavin speed and location imo

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I bet he comes back to Auburn not near enough money.......................................I kid I kid

The 2018 MLB draft is underway with the Detroit Tigers making Auburn ace Casey Mize the No. 1 overall pick. Follow along for pick-by-pick results.

There's no surprise at the top of the draft as the Detroit Tigers make Auburn ace Casey Mize the No. 1 overall pick. Powered by a dominant splitter and elite control, Mize is No. 1 in Keith Law's draft rankings.

1. Detroit Tigers/$8,096,300 Casey Mize RHP Auburn

What’s the $8,096,300 figure? Signing bonus? Per year money? 

Tigers draft Auburn right-hander Casey Mize with No. 1 pick

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- The Detroit Tigers have selected Auburn right-hander Casey Mize with the No. 1 pick in the Major League Baseball draft.

The announcement Monday night at MLB Network studios marks the second time the Tigers have led off the draft, and first since they took Rice pitcher Matt Anderson in 1997.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Mize had long been linked to the Tigers, and he pitched his way this season to the top spot on Detroit's list. Mize went undrafted out of high school three years ago, but developed into a potential big league ace while in college.

Mize is 10-5 with a 2.95 ERA and 151 strikeouts with just 12 walks in 109 2/3 innings while helping the Tigers to the NCAA Tournament super regionals. Mize has solid command of four pitches, including a fastball that hovers in the mid-90s (mph). His outstanding command and wicked split changeup whip up lots of swings and misses.

Casey Mize is the first pick in the MLB Draft by the Tigers. Only three Auburn players have been taken in the Top 10 - Mize, Gregg Olson (No. 4 in 1988) and Frank Thomas (No. 7 in 1989).

I say this tongue in cheek....BUT

Wouldn't it be wise of CM to hang it up for the year rather than take a chance of getting hurt in these remaining games?  :-\

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I say this tongue in cheek....BUT

Wouldn't it be wise of CM to hang it up for the year rather than take a chance of getting hurt in these remaining games?  :-\

I doubt Casey would even think about that. That guy is team all the way 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I doubt Casey would even think about that. That guy is team all the way 

It was brought up today on XM sport talk since football guys don't play in a bowl game why not baseball guys. It want happen especially with Casey imo

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

What’s the $8,096,300 figure? Signing bonus? Per year money? 

That's his "slot position" or how much money the pick is figured to be worth, but in layman's terms it's basically a signing bonus.  A lot of teams will try to sign guys for "under slot," but it's a safe bet Mize is going to get at least a 6-7 million dollar signing bonus

3 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Florida's Brady Singer still on the board at pick 17...was the #4 draft prospect on many boards.

A little surprised not shock but.............

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

A little surprised not shock but.............

Just went to KC at 18

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Good for him but I doubt he's feeling good about it at the moment

If he even knows.  UF just took an L to FAU in game 1.  Game 2 starts at 9:45 Eastern

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

If he even knows.  UF just took an L to FAU in game 1.  Game 2 starts at 9:45 Eastern

I'll make a $100 bucks wager he knows. lol Maybe 3.3 million/or less

I can't help but feel a little sorry for Casey in that he has to live in Detroit now... Yikes!

12 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I can't help but feel a little sorry for Casey in that he has to live in Detroit now... Yikes!

Nope….just has to play there...can live elsewhere if he wishes....and may or may not be up there full time for a year or so.   Great opportunity for him. 

12 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Doesn't have to live there, although he would probably at least rent a room there when he makes it to the Big League club. ;)

2 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Doesn't have to live there, although he would probably at least rent a room there when he makes it to the Big League club. ;)

He and Kerryon can be roomies.  Guess this means Wiley would have gone and played for the Pistons if he'd stayed in the draft.

24 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I'll make a $100 bucks wager he knows. lol Maybe 3.3 million/or less

Hell, Rollison is getting hugs in the Ole Miss dugout and they’re losing to Tennessee Tech right now. Hugs all around. 

Archived