Auburn Players Drafted

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blake Rivera, JUCO RHP from Wallace-Hanceville, was drafted in the 4th round by the San Francisco Giants. I’d be pretty surprised if Rivera came to Auburn now. Slot value is about $528,000. 

4 minutes ago, boomstick said:

OK. We were both right.  You said she was on the team. She was, but left the team after her Freshman year 2016.  She had not been on the team in the last two seasons. 

21 minutes ago, around4ever said:

OK. We were both right.  You said she was on the team. She was, but left the team after her Freshman year 2016.  She had not been on the team in the last two seasons. 

I only said she was on the team, not currently is on the team. Not sure anyone was saying she is on the team. 

20 hours ago, AU64 said:

I say this tongue in cheek....BUT

Wouldn't it be wise of CM to hang it up for the year rather than take a chance of getting hurt in these remaining games?  :-\

tMxUMsd.gif

6 hours ago, boomstick said:

Big day for Casey and Auburn yesterday. Here are the signees a d current players I think we will be worried about today:

Garrett Wade

Blake Rivera

Davis Daniel

Ryan Bliss

Brendan Venter

Rankin Woley

Per autiger07 on the Bunker who knows his ish Rivera (just went round 4 to SF), Wade (if he was drafted in the 1st 5 rounds, didn't happen), & Bliss if he were drafted & got top 5 round money) were the only ones to worry about today.

4 hours ago, around4ever said:

I thought it was very classy and shows the kind of person Casey is when he decided to share the announcement and celebration with his teammates, coaches, family and friends. 

Marcello was pissed the only media allowed in were Detroit & B'Ham media. He made a hissy fit about it on twitter.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per autiger07 on the Bunker who knows his ish Rivera (just went round 4 to SF), Wade (if he was drafted in the 1st 5 rounds, didn't happen), & Bliss if he were drafted & got top 5 round money) were the only ones to worry about today.

Guess you never know....some kid from OM or elsewhere turned down close to a million last year...figuring the money will still be there and he wanted to go to college first.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Guess you never know....some kid from OM or elsewhere turned down close to a million last year...figuring the money will still be there and he wanted to go to college first.

There are exceptions to every trend obviously.

Just now, ellitor said:

There are exceptions to every trend obviously.

Hard figuring where the line is......some of the six figure contracts are not worth much more than a good scholarship for a few years

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure I want to know how y'all know who players GFs are.

No clandestine research needed, E.  Was right there on the photo RIR posted. 

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah, doubt there’s much to worry about with signees or commits now. Sounds like Wright and Venter are planning to leave unless it’s just not an option to go pro. 

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure I want to know how y'all know who players GFs are.

The only reason I knew was because her Instagram was posted in this thread, and I remembered the name from the softball roster. 

About to get into double digit rounds- still no Garrett Wade, Ryan Bliss, Brendan Venter, or Davis Daniel. Rivera went in 4th round. With him being a JUCO guy, really doubt he comes to school. Hope I’m wrong...

1 hour ago, Mike4AU said:

No clandestine research needed, E.  Was right there on the photo RIR posted. 

Didn’t see a name for the girl in the photo.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Sounds like Wright and Venter are planning to leave unless it’s just not an option to go pro. 

Huh? Are or are not?

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

The only reason I knew was because her Instagram was posted in this thread, and I remembered the name from the softball roster. 

Oh. My bad. I use Firefox and Ghostery & ad block plus enabled. It completely blocks out anything from Instagram & most stuff from Twitter embedded on the site.

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Something must be wrong with the device you are using. Her name is in plain view. 

Nothing wrong with it. It blocks out all the useless mess from internet sites plus a few useful things. Lol

23 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I bet he comes back to Auburn not near enough money.......................................I kid I kid

The 2018 MLB draft is underway with the Detroit Tigers making Auburn ace Casey Mize the No. 1 overall pick. Follow along for pick-by-pick results.

There's no surprise at the top of the draft as the Detroit Tigers make Auburn ace Casey Mize the No. 1 overall pick. Powered by a dominant splitter and elite control, Mize is No. 1 in Keith Law's draft rankings.

1. Detroit Tigers/$8,096,300 Casey Mize RHP Auburn

Unfortunately that is the set of money that is to be spread out over the first the players drafted in the first 10 rounds.    I’m sure he will get a nice chunk, but it’s not that much

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Unfortunately that is the set of money that is to be spread out over the first the players drafted in the first 10 rounds.    I’m sure he will get a nice chunk, but it’s not that much

They will try and low ball him is what I've heard......... just to bad its Detroit

Archived