Auburn Players Drafted

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well I'm feeling pretty good myself just won a big big bet $$$$$. Thank you Casey . Great day for Casey and Auburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just pray he can stay focus I know it would be very hard for me to do so

Two PBR please and put it on Mr. Golf's tab?

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hell, Rollison is getting hugs in the Ole Miss dugout and they’re losing to Tennessee Tech right now. Hugs all around. 

Reason sometimes I wished they would change the draft date to be after World Series but oh well

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Reason sometimes I wished they would change the draft date to be after World Series but oh well

You couldn't.  Short season leagues start at the end of June and a ton of picks will play there.

33 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I can't help but feel a little sorry for Casey in that he has to live in Detroit now... Yikes!

I used to live that way.  Detroit is starting to make a comeback.  Plus, he gets to pitch in one of the best pitchers parks in the majors for a very dedicated fan base.  There are worse places to be (Oakland springs to mind).

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I used to live that way.  Detroit is starting to make a comeback.  Plus, he gets to pitch in one of the best pitchers parks in the majors for a very dedicated fan base.  There are worse places to be (Oakland springs to mind).

Funny you say that, because I grew up with one of Oakland's pitchers, Kendall Graveman. Still can't get him to let me hold a thousand...

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

heck I'll buy you a case

:wavey:

He's going to shock the world and come back for his senior year....jk. Hope he kills it! Anybody else from AU projected to get drafted? Josh Anthony, Andrew Mitchell, Luke Jarvis, Jay Estes, Calvin Coker, or Brendan Venter? 

6 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

He's going to shock the world and come back for his senior year....jk. Hope he kills it! Anybody else from AU projected to get drafted? Josh Anthony, Andrew Mitchell, Luke Jarvis, Jay Estes, Calvin Coker, or Brendan Venter? 

Probably...they draft about a thousand players so lots of room yet.....not sure where it gets really financially enticing though.   By round 15 the money is not that much if a guy still has college options.

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

I say this tongue in cheek....BUT

Wouldn't it be wise of CM to hang it up for the year rather than take a chance of getting hurt in these remaining games?  :-\

I think Mize has more character than to pull that trick. Several projected 1st round NFL prospects played for their college teams in "meaningless" bowl games. Tells us a lot about the person, since it's a personal decision.

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That would help we fans of college baseball. However, they draft hundreds of prospects, very few of whom are involved in college playoffs. The MLB teams want to get their guys signed and in a camp to decide where they are placed in the minors ASAP. I think the early June draft date was initially put back that far because many high school aren't through until around June 1.

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That would help we fans of college baseball. However, they draft hundreds of prospects, very few of whom are involved in college playoffs. The MLB teams want to get their guys signed and in a camp to decide where they are placed in the minors ASAP. I think the early June draft date was initially put back that far because many high school aren't through until around June 1.

Yep...some of the drafted players will already by assigned to some Rookie League and playing pro ball while the colleges finish up the CWS....which seems to go longer every year...will end about June 27 this year.    Some of the HS draftees will already have a couple weeks of pro ball under their belts...

Florida getting ravaged by the draft again.  3 current Gators selected in the first round and four signees taken last night.  Vandy and Miss State have had 2 or 3 signees each taken on the first day.

call me sappy but when it comes to mize and i ecstatic to see his dreams or one of come true.........

12 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

You couldn't.  Short season leagues start at the end of June and a ton of picks will play there.

I understand just wishing

Big day for Casey and Auburn yesterday. Here are the signees a d current players I think we will be worried about today:

Garrett Wade

Blake Rivera

Davis Daniel

Ryan Bliss

Brendan Venter

Rankin Woley

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Big day for Casey and Auburn yesterday. Here are the signees a d current players I think we will be worried about today:

Garrett Wade

Blake Rivera

Davis Daniel

Ryan Bliss

Brendan Venter

Rankin Woley

Unlike basketball, about any baseball player who could make the AU line-up could also begin playing pro baseball at some level.  

Considering the scholarship limitations  that college coaches have to deal with and the ease of entry into professional baseball, it probably takes a pretty good selling job to keep some of these kids in school after the draft...but I think there might a different mind-set among many /most young baseball players  .   :dunno:

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Unlike basketball, about any baseball player who could make the AU line-up could also begin playing pro baseball at some level.  

Considering the scholarship limitations  that college coaches have to deal with and the ease of entry into professional baseball, it probably takes a pretty good selling job to keep some of these kids in school after the draft...but I think there might a different mind-set among many /most young baseball players  .   :dunno:

From what we’ve seen so far, I think Butch has a done a really good job of recruiting high level talent that he believes will actually make it to campus. I think that’s a key to recruiting in baseball. You have to recruit the highly talented guys, but you have to know as well which ones are likely to make it to campus even if drafted highly. 

I thought it was very classy and shows the kind of person Casey is when he decided to share the announcement and celebration with his teammates, coaches, family and friends. 

Archived