Kyler Murray drafted #9 in MLB Draft

aujeff11

We pretty much dominated him when he was just a TF at A&M however he didn’t need to be in the game at all.  Pretty impressive though that he’s drafted #9 in baseball. He’s supposed to be the Oklahoma starting QB this year I believe, however he’s tiny and probably has a better career in baseball. Should be take the money and run?

ETA: Assigned value for the 9th pick is 4,761,500 dollars. That’s a lot of money he can give up. 

Said he's still committed to playing football in the fall and the As are ok with it. He's a 5'10 QB who is going to be good in college, but it will take a lot for him to make it in the pros with his height. I would've taken the $4.67M and headed straight to the baseball field. Hope he proves everyone wrong for his own sake if he chooses to pursue football long term. 

As I understand it, he can sign with the A's, take the signing bonus, and still play QB this fall. The A's have to approve that (obviously), but I guess if you're hell bent on playing football at least one more year, go for it.

His future is in baseball though.

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

As I understand it, he can sign with the A's, take the signing bonus, and still play QB this fall. The A's have to approve that (obviously), but I guess if you're hell bent on playing football at least one more year, go for it.

His future is in baseball though.

Wow. I guess he can possibly get the best of both worlds. 

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Wow. I guess he can possibly get the best of both worlds. 

We'll see how much he loves football when he's constantly being compared to Baker Mayfield.

Archived