walk-on wide receiver arrested

aubiefifty

ootball

Auburn walk-on wide receiver arrested for minor in possession of alcohol, fake ID

Updated Jun 4, 4:36 PM; Posted Jun 4, 4:36 PM

Auburn walk-on wide receiver Pace Ozmint was arrested on June 2 for minor in possession of alcohol and giving false identification to a law enforcement officer.(Lee County Sheriff's Office)

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

Auburn walk-on wide receiver Pace Ozmint was arrested over the weekend for minor in possession of alcohol and giving false identification to a law enforcement officer.

Ozmint, a redshirt-sophomore, was arrested on the 100 block of W Magnolia Avenue in Auburn on Saturday, according to Auburn police logs.

Both charges are misdemeanors in Alabama.

The minor in possession charge carries a fine of no less than $25 and no more than $100 and up to 30 days in jail. False identification carries a fine of no less than $50 or more than $500, can include a jail sentence of up to three months and requires surrendering one's license for at least three months and no more than six months.

Typically, first-time offenders under 21 years of age receive youthful offender status and pay a fine and court costs.

An Auburn spokesman did not respond to a request for comment.

A two-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll, Ozmint has not appeared in a game for the Tigers.

The last known arrest of an Auburn football player was Sean White for public intoxication in Sept. 2017 and that charge was later dismissed.

James Crepea is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @JamesCrepea.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems a rather feeble opening shot to our Fulmer Cup campaign?

LOL my man take your underage possession in stride and DON'T hand the cop a fake ID!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LOL my man take your underage possession in stride and DON'T hand the cop a fake ID!!!!!

Probably freaked out and accidentally handed him the ID he used to get the alcohol.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Probably freaked out and accidentally handed him the ID he used to get the alcohol.

My first time using a fake ID, I got all nervous and handed the cashier my real ID. I was 16. I asked her if she wanted me to put the beer back. She told me I'd best get the hell on. I didn't argue. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My first time using a fake ID, I got all nervous and handed the cashier my real ID. I was 16. I asked her if she wanted me to put the beer back. She told me I'd best get the hell on. I didn't argue. 

When I was 20, my girlfriend at the time was 22. We went into the local grocery store chain near across the street from campus to buy some beer for the evening. We separate once in the store to not look sketchy. She pays for it while I'm on another register paying for something else. We exit the grocery store together and since it was a 24-case I grab it from her because it's heavy and carry it to her car.

An undercover pulls us over and she's in the cop car for 30 minutes before the cop got her crack and say the beer wasn't for her but for me and my roommates. Turns out she was in full denial mode until he randomly switched things up and asked her how much money I gave her for the beer. SMDH!

I now realize that was the universe sending me a big time signal that she was not the one after she ratted me out resulting in an underage possession ticket. Of course, she got hit with providing alcohol to a minor which is exponentially worse (LOL this cute little girl had a parole officer and everything) but I still wasn't too happy about it.

:slapfh:

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

When I was 20, my girlfriend at the time was 22. We went into the local grocery store chain near across the street from campus to buy some beer for the evening. We separate once in the store to not look sketchy. She pays for it while I'm on another register paying for something else. We exit the grocery store together and since it was a 24-case I grab it from her because it's heavy and carry it to her car.

An undercover pulls us over and she's in the cop car for 30 minutes before the cop got her crack and say the beer wasn't for her but for me and my roommates. Turns out she was in full denial mode until he randomly switched things up and asked her how much money I gave her for the beer. SMDH!

I now realize that was the universe sending me a big time signal that she was not the one after she ratted me out resulting in an underage possession ticket. Of course, she got hit with providing alcohol to a minor which is exponentially worse (LOL this cute little girl had a parole officer and everything) but I still wasn't too happy about it.

:slapfh:

To protect and serve. Taxpayer dollars at work, keeping us safe.

Back in the old days you could go to the ABC store and there were guys out front who would take your order, go inside and make the purchase and bring it back for only a minor carrying charge.....guessing that does not go on much any more. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

To protect and serve. Taxpayer dollars at work, keeping us safe.

College town cops are so bored.......

When I was a teenager, I got pulled over by a cop once for speeding when I was meeting a bunch of friends at a restaurant. Since my friends were looking on, he decided to make a show of it. Had me put my hands on his car, ripping into me, the whole nine-yards (note: I was maybe doing 10 over... this wasn't racing or anything serious). Little did his stupid butt know that I was personal friends with the police chief.  My next chat with a cop was an internal affairs officer who came to my house to take my statement for his disciplinary hearing. He's just lucky, my dad, who was on the city human resources board, was a good enough person to recuse himself from said hearing.

They could arrest thousands of kids every weekend on every college campus for underage drinking.  It is sad that they seem to target certain folks and selectively decide when they want to arrest someone. Society needs to fix this law.  Voting, driving, serving in the military OK.  Drinking, ah NO.

I’m so old we could buy beers at age 18 legally!

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

Huge breaking news for Crepea to publish. I guess Gus will keep the kid out of a game this year. Oh wait.....

Gus doesn’t play when it comes to criminal activity. Year long suspension and scout team work incoming. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Back in the old days you could go to the ABC store and there were guys out front who would take your order, go inside and make the purchase and bring it back for only a minor carrying charge.....guessing that does not go on much any more. 

It still happens albeit in a more under the table and illegal way.  I did it all the time when I was underage. They’re called “Hey Misters”.  All you have to do is find a lower class man in the parking lot and say “Hey Mr, do you want to make ten bucks” and then give your drink order. Worked every time. 

The day I acquired legal age,

I marched into an old favorite establishment, and

demanded to be carded.

2 hours ago, LakeBum said:

They could arrest thousands of kids every weekend on every college campus for underage drinking.  It is sad that they seem to target certain folks and selectively decide when they want to arrest someone. Society needs to fix this law.  Voting, driving, serving in the military OK.  Drinking, ah NO.

You are correct so very likely the ones that get arrested find themselves involved with the law because they are misbehaving or making a nuisance of themselves that causes someone to complain. ….and causes someone in law enforcement to have to deal with them.....and not likely that anyone is out randomly checking IDs

I know he's a walk on and all but he sweats out in the hot sun like all the scholarship guys doesn't he? Sorry, wrong school. My bad. 

You should have seen how the Facebook links were titled to get you to click.  “Auburn receiver arrested.  How much will this impact Auburn’s recieving corps?”

Feel bad for the kid. I didn't have much fun in college (had to work too much to be there) but I always thought it was a little crazy that I could only drink, legally, in my 4th year at college.

Lord knows the last year of my bachelor's I definitely didn't have the time. God I was boring...

Hope they shrug this off and it's a lesson learned. Try the fake at the bar but not on the cop bro.

Interesting how many people's lives are so pathetic that their day is brightened by a Walk On college football player being arrested for public intox and a fake I.D.  The very fact that this makes the news shows how depraved and degenerate (wasn't sure how to spell delinquent...lol) our society has become.  Glad I'm not in college now and that cellphones, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, snapchat, youtube, etc. weren't around when I was. Or maybe not...with it, I could've been a contender!

Archived