Null



aubiefifty

walk-on wide receiver arrested

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

See there's your problem. Personality isn't even in his playbook and take it form a guy who has to film people as part of his job, personality in front of a crowd can't be taught. What we need is a guy like Bruce Pearl as a media liaison. 

That's not a me problem. It's a Gus problem. All the recruits think he's got a great personality, and he showed it some when he was first hired. He simply refuses to accept that part of the job. As for the liaison idea, that's exactly the kind of thinking that I hope our new AD is bringing to the table. Because it hasn't been just a Gus problem.

Quote

Crepea found Gus's buttons and pushed them, repeatedly, which created the rift. 

Backwards. Again, refer back to the Montgomery QB club thing in 2014. 

2013 Auburn was one of *the* greatest stories in the history of CFB. And the beat writers just decided, naw, row tahd? Gus has failed big time at a few different things. This is one of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




The Creephead is an Ohio State Grad! His first Alabama job was at the Montgomery Choke and Puke as Sports Editor and he took over Jay's responsibility with the old Blog that Jay had going known as the HABOTN (Hottest Auburn Blog on The Net). Those familiar with the situation know that there were limitations, and when the Creephead whizzed all over the members of that Blog with his Northern Aristocracy bull, we pooped all over his birthday cake. As a result, he didn't last very long because readership is key. Unfortunately, he didn't run home to Mommy, he went to Birmingham where his type of arrogance is firmly planted in the Finebaum Poop. And the rest, as they say, is history! He ain't never been, nor will he ever be a real sports writer. People of his ilk set themselves up to be manhandled by Coaches because they do not have the intelligence to know when to shut up. Y'all have a great day.   Oh yeah, Creephead if you are reading this, just know you will never be as good a poop shoveler as Slimebaum!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

See there's your problem. Personality isn't even in his playbook and take it form a guy who has to film people as part of his job, personality in front of a crowd can't be taught. What we need is a guy like Bruce Pearl as a media liaison. 

That's somewhat on him and somewhat on them. In 2008 we didn't have beat reporters giving the coach crap like we do now. In 2008 they still slanted toward bama, but at least they were respectful. Crepea found Gus's buttons and pushed them, repeatedly, which created the rift. 

The nickster is definitely not Mr. Personality. He is often hateful, condescending, dismissive and impatient with reporters. His dislike of the media is evident at every press conference. And yet.....reporters hang on his every word. bammer thugs get light media scrutiny and exposure. Yesterday in the media there were 3 negative articles about Auburn including the insinuation that extending Bruce's contract would come back to bite Auburn. There was a separate regurgitation of the FBI thing as well, and the story about the walk-on arrest. This was all on my MSN front page at work. On one day.

 Then there was the cutesy little story about the nickster running out of gas in his boat. Isn't that just adorable?  It was placed after the 3 negative AU stories.

Do all bammer students get to go on those boat rides? Were any recruits on board?

Casey Mize was barely mentioned way down towards the bottom. The nickatator  got a bigger, very favorable story for being an idiot in a boat.

It's not personality. It's the fact that Gus is Auburn's head football coach. And it's the fact that the media was wrong about Cam. Also coming in to play was the fact that Auburn fans raised hell during that Cam situation and fought back against all the lies that were published as facts and still get brought up as often as possible.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

All the recruits think he's got a great personality, and he showed it some when he was first hired. He simply refuses to accept that part of the job.

I disagree, and that's because I have a similar personality to Gus in that regard. I get great responses to my personality in one-on-one or small group situations. I'm TOTALLY not comfortable being "on stage" however, and it makes it very hard for me to get the good parts of my personality across in those situations. Often when I try, it doesn't come across well, and if I'm attacked and on the spot, I can and have reacted in a less than positive manner. That's not an easy thing to change because personalities are what they are.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Again, refer back to the Montgomery QB club thing in 2014

There's got to be more to that story than anyone has ever told. Other than not allowing media (Which isn't a bad policy, Saban does the same thing... it allows a coach to be more "real" in his comments. We've all seen the fall out when one of those closed door sessions leaks.), Gus never before or after demanded that level of restriction, so something had to trigger it in that particular case. It also didn't happen until right before the event which also leads one to believe that something was brought to his attention prior to the event that got his guard up.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The nickster is definitely not Mr. Personality. He is often hateful, condescending, dismissive and impatient with reporters. His dislike of the media is evident at every press conference. And yet.....reporters hang on his every word. bammer thugs get light media scrutiny and exposure. Yesterday in the media there were 3 negative articles about Auburn including the insinuation that extending Bruce's contract would come back to bite Auburn. There was a separate regurgitation of the FBI thing as well, and the story about the walk-on arrest. This was all on my MSN front page at work. On one day.

 Then there was the cutesy little story about the nickster running out of gas in his boat. Isn't that just adorable?  It was placed after the 3 negative AU stories.

Do all bammer students get to go on those boat rides? Were any recruits on board?

Casey Mize was barely mentioned way down towards the bottom. The nickatator  got a bigger, very favorable story for being an idiot in a boat.

It's not personality. It's the fact that Gus is Auburn's head football coach. And it's the fact that the media was wrong about Cam. Also coming in to play was the fact that Auburn fans raised hell during that Cam situation and fought back against all the lies that were published as facts and still get brought up as often as possible.

You're totally right about anything and everything bama getting a free pass with no scrutiny, including Nick being a total a$$ to the media, while anything and everything Auburn gets spun negative. That goes back to my previous comments about clicks ruling the media world and playing to their audience. If they piss off the bama faithful, they threaten their own livelihood. 

At the same time, look at Bruce Pearl. They may attack us over his contract, but the media LOVES him because he has the PERFECT personality to deal with them. Gus on the other hand... intellectual introverts just don't do well with owning the crowd. So, while our basketball team does fall victim to the occasional bad press, I guarantee you that the reason they get less unwarranted attack than football is because the media just flat out likes Bruce more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You're totally right about anything and everything bama getting a free pass with no scrutiny, including Nick being a total a$$ to the media, while anything and everything Auburn gets spun negative. That goes back to my previous comments about clicks ruling the media world and playing to their audience. If they piss off the bama faithful, they threaten their own livelihood. 

At the same time, look at Bruce Pearl. They may attack us over his contract, but the media LOVES him because he has the PERFECT personality to deal with them. Gus on the other hand... intellectual introverts just don't do well with owning the crowd. So, while our basketball team does fall victim to the occasional bad press, I guarantee you that the reason they get less unwarranted attack than football is because the media just flat out likes Bruce more.

Not all media loves Bruce. As the BB team becomes more and more successful there will be a constant regurgitation of what happened at TN and the FBI investigation.  Why was it even necessary to write and post a negative article about his contract extension? The world at large doesn't give a damn about BP and his contract. It certainly isn't front page scroll worthy. And yet there it was......

Auburn greatly needs a better media management/PR team.

 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/auburn-extending-bruce-pearl-could-come-back-to-bite-them/ar-AAye7qQ?ocid=U348DHP

Edited by Tigerbelle
link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The nickster is definitely not Mr. Personality. He is often hateful, condescending, dismissive and impatient with reporters. His dislike of the media is evident at every press conference. And yet.....reporters hang on his every word.

With due respect, that is personality. It is obviously not a pleasant personality, but it is a personality, and one that provides the media with tons of very useful content. 

Gus gives them nothing and therefore they give Auburn nothing in return.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the longest thread that this WR will ever have.... what's his name again?  Nick Gus Crepea?

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

This is the longest thread that this WR will ever have.... what's his name again?  Nick Gus Crepea?

 

17 hours ago, kevon67 said:

McLovin

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

With due respect, that is personality. It is obviously not a pleasant personality, but it is a personality, and one that provides the media with tons of very useful content. 

Gus gives them nothing and therefore they give Auburn nothing in return.

 

The comparison was to the very likable Bruce Pearl......and my point was that it doesn't matter if the coach is a nice guy or not.  It's not the coach. It's the fact that he coaches for Auburn. It doesn't matter what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

The comparison was to the very likable Bruce Pearl......and my point was that it doesn't matter if the coach is a nice guy or not.  It's not the coach. It's the fact that he coaches for Auburn. It doesn't matter what he does.

I disagree. The media loved Tuberville. And I don't think they hated Pat Dye before he got sanctioned, but I could be wrong. Not sure about Tater Tot.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

You're totally right about anything and everything bama getting a free pass with no scrutiny, including Nick being a total a$$ to the media, while anything and everything Auburn gets spun negative. That goes back to my previous comments about clicks ruling the media world and playing to their audience. If they piss off the bama faithful, they threaten their own livelihood. 

At the same time, look at Bruce Pearl. They may attack us over his contract, but the media LOVES him because he has the PERFECT personality to deal with them. Gus on the other hand... intellectual introverts just don't do well with owning the crowd. So, while our basketball team does fall victim to the occasional bad press, I guarantee you that the reason they get less unwarranted attack than football is because the media just flat out likes Bruce more.

Nick Saban literally got scrutinized this summer by the ESPN talking heads for complaining about UCF. Maybe you are thinking about the Alabama sports media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Auburn greatly needs a better media management/PR team.

Sadly, that won't help a bit unless the media plays ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I disagree. The media loved Tuberville. And I don't think they hated Pat Dye before he got sanctioned, but I could be wrong. Not sure about Tater Tot.

Don't forget that most of the beat writers that covered Tubbs have gone on to bigger and better things... or just gone. Tubbs was also before the days of clicks-for-pay. Gus is dealing with a whole new crop of malcontents in the media room and a completely new media landscape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lionheartkc said:

Don't forget that most of the beat writers that covered Tubbs have gone on to bigger and better things...

The point is that Tuberville had no trouble connecting with the media and earning their favor. 

Quote

Gus is dealing with a whole new crop of malcontents in the media room and a completely new media landscape.

As is every coach in the country. 

Auburn is not some helpless victim in any of this. Greene clearly gets that and it will be good to see the AD do easy, obvious things to get more control of the narrative back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The point is that Tuberville had no trouble connecting with the media and earning their favor. 

And my point is that he was dealing with a kinder, gentler media.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Auburn is not some helpless victim in any of this. Greene clearly gets that and it will be good to see the AD do easy, obvious things to get more control of the narrative back. 

I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath. I think Greene has a great personality and approach, but ever since 2010, Auburn has been the media whipping boy, not just in Alabama. It's going to take a herculean effort to change that, especially if bama continues to drive the media like they do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never laughed so much in a thread about an Auburn player that has "arrested" in the title.   Page 1 is classic.  Kudos to the respondents. 

I hope like hell Pace gets into a game.  God knows playing on the practice squad can't be easy. 

I am pulling for you Pace!  This is your chance to straighten out your life.   ;D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2018 at 4:10 PM, McLoofus said:

My first time using a fake ID, I got all nervous and handed the cashier my real ID. I was 16. I asked her if she wanted me to put the beer back. She told me I'd best get the hell on. I didn't argue. 

First time I use a fake ID was to get into a strip joint in Atl 15 years old. Heck 5 of my friends used the same ID to get in

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The point is that Tuberville had no trouble connecting with the media and earning their favor. 

As is every coach in the country. 

Auburn is not some helpless victim in any of this. Greene clearly gets that and it will be good to see the AD do easy, obvious things to get more control of the narrative back. 

Tubbs did indeed have trouble with the media and it was also on a national level. Brent Musberger got his knickers in a knot during an AU vs LSU game. Glenn Dorsey was injured during an inadvertent chop block by a knuckleheaded AU freshman IIRC and Brent went on about it for years on national television. There was a lot written about it in the papers and the AU player and his family got death threats. Tubbs apologized to LSU's coach and to Dorsey and so did the AU player. But after that Musberger always managed to talk about Auburn in a tone of voice most people use when talking about cockroaches. He made it clear that he disliked Auburn and that never stopped. Also IIRC....that same player was Chaz Ramsey, who went on to be a bad publicity thorn in the side for Auburn and Coach Tubbs for several years with his lawsuits.

There was also the infamous Petrino plane trip, and the disastrous season that caused him to leave. Kirk Herbstreit did a whole segment on Tubbs getting run off from Auburn. None of this was good press. Tubbs also got torn apart in the papers over the Tony Franklin fiasco.  Not sure where you get the idea that he was beloved. That just isn't true.  He also got man-handled by the media out in Texas, and his wife had a terrible time with the press after her car accident.

The bad press really got started with the Eric Ramsey case and it has never stopped. bammer has done much worse of course, but it's amazing how the media at all levels can ignore that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Glenn Dorsey was injured during an inadvertent chop block by a knuckleheaded AU freshman IIRC and Brent went on about it for years on national television. There was a lot written about it in the papers and the AU player and his family got death threats. Tubbs apologized to LSU's coach and to Dorsey and so did the AU player. But after that Musberger always managed to talk about Auburn in a tone of voice most people use when talking about cockroaches. He made it clear that he disliked Auburn and that never stopped. Also IIRC....that same player was Chaz Ramsey, who went on to be a bad publicity thorn in the side for Auburn and Coach Tubbs for several years with his lawsuits.

That's funny cause I just heard a caller today on Sirrius/XM this afternoon, recount Glenn Dorsey coming back to play for LSU after he recovered from a chop block received against Auburn.  It never ends.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oracle79 said:

That's funny cause I just heard a caller today on Sirrius/XM this afternoon, recount Glenn Dorsey coming back to play for LSU after he recovered from a chop block received against Auburn.  It never ends.

Ah the life of an Auburn fan... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The woe-is-little-brother is strong in this thread. 

Nothing to be done. Media hates us and is the root of all evil. No point in the coach even trying to work with them a little. And no reason that he should because we don't need the media to like us. We just whine about it all the time for sport. 

We don't win consistently, we've had plenty of off-field issues over the years and we do our best to avoid talking to the media at all. We get the respect and the treatment we earn. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

First time I use a fake ID was to get into a strip joint in Atl 15 years old. Heck 5 of my friends used the same ID to get in

Was this the fake ID you used?

Image result for ancient stone carving

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now