Jay Jacobs Hired by UF

around4ever

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... that's all pandering to their majority audience. I've never seen the numbers, but I would bet that there is an 80%+ bama lean in readership of media in the state of Alabama, and maybe even more heavily bama weighted in readership from outside of the state.

Did Alabama wrongfully terminate a baseball coach, set him up the point where he was charged with NCAA violations? 

Did they have a player file a lawsuit for sexual harassment, allege and accuse a Coach and  school cover-up for the inappropriate actions of his son? 

Did they have an Asst Basketball Coach indicted on Federal charges of fraud/conspiracy PLUS 2 more asst coaches terminated with 2 players benched for a full season?

Did they have a former T&F coach file racial discrimination lawsuit because the HC physically choked him and then terminated him?

Sad as it is, AU makes media's job a freaking piece of cake these days.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yes, the Galloway Case was like a master class in how not to run an AD. He should have never hired him and he should have handled the issues completely differently. To me, that was when the door swung wide open and he began to be pushed out of it.

The Meyers case was a bit different to me. He handled that how a lot of ADs would. Spin the truth to make it go away. I've seen that more times than I can count, even knowing that it was a big lie. The problem is that control was already completely lost in that situation when the team decided to take it upon themselves to air the dirty laundry. To me, Jacobs failure wasn't his handling of the aftermath... that seemed to be right out of the AD handbook... it was that, when allegations were first brought to light, a serious investigation didn't take place to root out the truth. Had that happened, the whole thing could have been dealt with properly and contained.

The basketball thing I don't lay at his feet at all. Not one is all knowing and nothing Person was doing was actually affecting Auburn, so there were no signs of an issue.

I do agree that back to back to back negative headlines will do anyone in, whether they could have prevented the situation or not.

A compilation of way too many negatives with sink the man in charge when the hits just keep on coming.  Some Jacobs could and should have managed differently and some he did the best he could.  At the end of the day, Auburn the only thing they could to and JJ is now wearing Gator O&B.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Did Alabama wrongfully terminate a baseball coach, set him up the point where he was charged with NCAA violations? 

Did they have a player file a lawsuit for sexual harassment, allege and accuse a Coach and  school cover-up for the inappropriate actions of his son? 

Did they have an Asst Basketball Coach indicted on Federal charges of fraud/conspiracy PLUS 2 more asst coaches terminated with 2 players benched for a full season?

Did they have a former T&F coach file racial discrimination lawsuit because the HC physically choked him and then terminated him?

Sad as it is, AU makes media's job a freaking piece of cake these days.

Alabama has a fixer?

Just now, keesler said:

A compilation of way too many negatives with sink the man in charge when the hits just keep on coming.  Some Jacobs could and should have managed differently and some he did the best he could.  At the end of the day, Auburn the only thing they could to and JJ is now wearing Gator O&B.

There is no doubt that the man was in over his head. That being said, I'd take him back in a heartbeat, in a lesser position that focused on his strengths. Florida will benefit from having him if they use him properly (though it will be interesting to see if he can sell another school after spending his would career at Auburn).

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

There is no doubt that the man was in over his head. That being said, I'd take him back in a heartbeat, in a lesser position that focused on his strengths. Florida will benefit from having him if they use him properly (though it will be interesting to see if he can sell another school after spending his would career at Auburn).

^^^^^^Totally agree^^^^^^^^^^

Just now, kevon67 said:

Alabama has a fixer?

Apparently a ton of programs have fixer's as well.  You'd be hard pressed to find other programs with damn near half a dozen lawsuits, terminations, resignations, investigations Auburn has seen in their program......Ole Miss takes top prize in this category but AU is in a solid 2nd place.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Incidentally, it's not the head coach who is being accused of attacking him, and the accusation is not for choking... the claim is another assistant put his hand on his neck and swung a tiger statue at him. The head coach is being sued for not training the coach who is being accused of attacking him, properly. The fact that the accused attacker is still on staff makes me wonder if it's all a bunch of crap.

Just now, keesler said:

Apparently a ton of programs have fixer's as well.  You'd be hard pressed to find other programs with damn near half a dozen lawsuits, terminations, resignations, investigations Auburn has seen in their program......Ole Miss takes top prize in this category but AU is in a solid 2nd place.

Auburn needs a law school and a journalism school. Then in a decade or two we could have our share of fixers as well :).

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Incidentally, it's not the head coach who is being accused of attacking him, and the accusation is not for choking... the claim is another assistant put his hand on his neck and swung a tiger statue at him. The head coach is being sued for not training the coach who is being accused of attacking him, properly. The fact that the accused attacker is still on staff makes me wonder if it's all a bunch of crap.

Lord have Mercy!

:lol:

1 minute ago, keesler said:

True and for years Dickey Scruggs was Ole Miss biggest problem

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Auburn needs a law school and a journalism school. Then in a decade or two we could have our share of fixers as well :).

AU would save a small fortune to have our own lawyers and investigative staff on salary.  The AU $$ funneled to Lightfoot, Franklin, White would be non-existent.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

AU would save a small fortune to have our own lawyers and investigative staff on salary.  The AU $$ funneled to Lightfoot, Franklin, White would be non-existent.

out of thumbs up......here is the xbox 1 version ?

2 hours ago, keesler said:

thinking of Louisville, Penn State, Baylor, Tennessee, North Carolina, Rutgers,  Mich. State,  Southern Cal.,     Just go around the country and take a look.  We get all the Auburn details because of the state media....but just work your way around and you will find that athletic programs in a good many big state universities are  cesspools ….its just that some are more adept at covering up....or that the news mostly stays within their state of their residence.  Not excusing AU....wish it weren't so but lawsuits and title IX suits are common ….unfortunately.....but most of them apparently stay below the radar. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived