Corch’s too early class prediction

corchjay

Here’s my uninformed no staff contact no premium membership just going on gut and reading the tea leaves prediction for this class.  Would love to see other full class predictions.  I’ll see what I can find out about OT in the next few weeks should start figuring out who is really interested and who is not there.

Sooooo booo me all you want...

QB (1) Bo Nix

Possibly a preferred walk-on offered as well

WR (1 or 2)George Pickens

** if 2 Jadon Haselwood**

TE (2) Deal and Fromm

OT (2-3) ?? Depends on camps and interest 

OG/C (3) Jakia Clark

Keiondre Jones

Clay Webb (legit pick I think we pull him)

RB (1) Noah Cain

DL (4-5)

Buck - Colby wooden or

Derrick Hall

SDE - Charles Moore (Moore dictates a lot that will go on with the DL)

DE/DT - Eboigbe and Handy

LB (3) Pappoe

Trezman Marshall

M. Diabate (just a gut feeling)

CB (2) Andrew Booth 

Cordale Flott (Flott better be staying in good graces and doing what the coaches ask or he will get left behind)

S (2) Simpson and Sheffield 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

(Flott better be staying in good graces and doing what the coaches ask or he will get left behind)

Yup. For those who may have missed it Flott took a visit to LSU yesterday. He is gambling with his spot at AU.

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Also I think if we pull Haselwood we get to number 4... without we are 5 or 6 in the final rankings.  

Just depends how top heavy other classes are. Some years that would be #3 & even a couple it would be #2.

Just now, ellitor said:

Yup. For those who may have missed it Flott took a visit to LSU yesterday. He is gambling with his spot at AU.

Wasn’t aware of that.  Not a good move. We got some big cats looking our way especially to play opposite of Booth.  Better be careful young man especially with SEC West school or UGA

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Just depends how top heavy other classes are. Some years that would be #3 & even a couple it would be #2.

Agreed some years.  I still think Bama UGA Ohio State and Texas are gonna give a tough go to get way up there plus smaller class size of 22-23

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Agreed some years.  I still think Bama UGA Ohio State and Texas are gonna give a tough go to get way up there plus smaller class size of 22-23

All fair points.

Flott is in a place (Mobile) where he's daily pressured to go "anywhere but Auburn". People there will make it easy for him to go other places and see the sights. He'd  have to really love it here to not look around. Anyway, there's the mantras "Gus encourages our commits to look around" and "If it were me I'd take all my visits". Maybe Flott is just acting as expected?

27 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Maybe Flott is just acting as expected

Not sure it’s as  Auburn expected. We are in good shape with a lot of  good corners .  If he wants to keep a spot in the class he may not wanna visit around too much. 

8 hours ago, corchjay said:

Also I think if we pull Haselwood we get to number 4... without we are 5 or 6 in the final rankings.  

I don't see us flipping him. I think though that we have a great chance to flip the other UGA LB commit - drawing a blank on the name at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I think though that we have a great chance to flip the other UGA LB commit - drawing a blank on the name at the moment.

Trezmen Marshall

9 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I just have a feeling that we already have him.

Agree but potential silents don't mean much in recruiting. Seems like we've lost as many silents as we've landed over time.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Anyway, there's the mantras "Gus encourages our commits to look around" and "If it were me I'd take all my visits". Maybe Flott is just acting as expected?

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure it’s as  Auburn expected. We are in good shape with a lot of  good corners .  If he wants to keep a spot in the class he may not wanna visit around too much. 

I was wondering same as Mikey. If we're in good shape with a lot of good corners, then that seems like at least a 2-way street with Flott. While the staff might not expect or encourage Flott to walk, they're probably not begging him to stay, either. If he were Booth, it would probably be a little different. Which is 100% okay if accurate.

All supposition and guessing on my part, of course. I know less than anyone else who has commented thus far.

Fun thread, @corchjay. I hope you're close to the mark with your predictions. I agree with most of them (especially OT, sadly). I'm thinking Putnam and not Webb- which is not to say Putnam *over* Webb- unless we get both and we just call Putnam an OT from the start.

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was wondering same as Mikey. If we're in good shape with a lot of good corners, then that seems like at least a 2-way street with Flott. While the staff might not expect or encourage Flott to walk, they're probably not begging him to stay, either. If he were Booth, it would probably be a little different. Which is 100% okay if accurate.

Hadn't looked at it that way. I suppose AU is working from a stance of leverage w/ Woodson's work on the recruiting trail. Kind of a "We're loyal to you as long as you are loyal to us & do what we ask of you when we took your commitment. There's a lot of other quality kids that would love to have your spot."

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If he were Booth, it would probably be a little different.

Definitely. Elite recruits have more leverage to do as they please within reason.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hadn't looked at it that way. I suppose AU is working from a stance of leverage w/ Woodson's work on the recruiting trail. Kind of a "We're loyal to you as long as you are loyal to us & do what we ask of you when we took your commitment. There's a lot of other quality kids that would love to have your spot."

Not surprisingly, you said what I meant to much better than I did. 

So, if we land your list, having a couple of spots still open, do we go ahead and pull the trigger on Tye Edwards?

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So, if we land your list, having a couple of spots still open, do we go ahead and pull the trigger on Tye Edwards?

FWIW the plan is to take 1 RB if the staff feels it's a top tier guy so guess as of now would be unlikely.

Thanks for the list. I'm pretty curious what might happen with Flott. Not sure how the staff has evaluated him, but I think we could land a better prospect at the position if he's not careful.

I don't see us getting Webb or Diabate

If we pick up Booth and Cain I would imagine the class would gain even more steam.

Hope we use our GT spots on an OL and DL

4 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

I just have a feeling that we already have him.

Bammer has made things interesting again.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

FWIW the plan is to take 1 RB if the staff feels it's a top tier guy so guess as of now would be unlikely.

Is there an update on John Emery Jr?  It seemed like he was the backup if we missed on Cain but I haven't heard his name in a while.  Has Tye Edwards jumped him for #2 on our board?

1 hour ago, Auburn 6 said:

Is there an update on John Emery Jr?

LSU

1 hour ago, Auburn 6 said:

Has Tye Edwards jumped him for #2 on our board?

Believe so.

@corchjay, if you 100% nail this prediction I pledge to buy you a pour of the whiskey of your choice. If you don’t like whiskey, I will drink the whiskey of my choice in your honor.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

@corchjay, if you 100% nail this prediction I pledge to buy you a pour of the whiskey of your choice. If you don’t like whiskey, I will drink the whiskey of my choice in your honor.

I hope I'm right and in a few weeks be able to add a few offensive tackles.  I don't drink but if I'm right you drink the entire bottle and video it and post it singing War Eagle after you finish it off...

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Believe so.

I think Derrian Brown may still be higher then Edwards right now.  Not certain but I think so

Archived