Corch’s too early class prediction

corchjay

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

speaking from a unsolicited advice from the people in the players life outside of the football field perspective.

Asking respectfully. Did he say or imply this somewhere? And which player?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Asking respectfully. Did he say or imply this somewhere? And which player?

Just reading between the lines of what everyone said. Admittedly I've also heard from many other sources that the general tone of the people (not coaches) of Mobile is predominantly anti-Auburn.

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've never whined about someone here being rude. I've been asked not to be as rude to you. 

You have any other insight into Mobile / Baldwin / or even the State of Alabama recruiting? I'd love to hear it. 

Why yes, I do have insight. Anyone who thinks peer pressure from fellow students, peer pressure from acquaintances of parents and the like doesn't have an effect on recruiting is, to quote you, clueless. The "anywhere but Auburn" tactic is very much alive and well in the Mobile area.

A handful of coaches may not be on board with it because they want their kids to get scholarships and where is secondary to a coach. The "where" part of it is not secondary to the general population there and they push "anywhere but Auburn" at every opportunity.

My Predictions as of Today

QB - Bo Nix

RB - Noah Cain

WR - George Pickens

WR - Jalen Curry

WR - Ja’Varrius Johnson

TE - Tyler Fromm

TE - Luke Deal

OT - Xavier Truss (gut feeling)

OG - Keiondre Jones

C - Jakai Clark

OG - Will Putnam

OT - Darius Thomas (just a guess)

DE - Colby Wooden

DE/DT - Charles Moore

DE/DT - Jaren Handy

DE/DT - Justin Eboigbe

BUCK - Derick Hall

OLB - Mohammad Diabote

MLB - Owen Pappoe

WLB - Trezmen Marshall

CB - Andrew Booth

S - Nick Cross

S - Jashawn Sheffield

S - Zion Puckett

CB - Jaylin Simpson

We drop Cordale Flott because he’s flirting too much with other teams and he signs with Tennessee. That gives us 300+ on the composite and puts this class in the “elite” category. Guys, outside of the OT’s, I think the rest of this class is very realistic compared to where we sit today.

6 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

QB - Bo Nix

RB - Noah Cain

WR - George Pickens

WR - Jalen Curry

WR - Ja’Varrius Johnson

TE - Tyler Fromm

TE - Luke Deal

OG - Keiondre Jones

C - Jakai Clark

OG - Will Putnam

DE - Colby Wooden

DE/DT - Charles Moore

DE/DT - Jaren Handy

DE/DT - Justin Eboigbe

BUCK - Derick Hall

OLB - Mohammad Diabote

MLB - Owen Pappoe

WLB - Trezmen Marshall

CB - Andrew Booth

S - Nick Cross

S - Jashawn Sheffield

S - Zion Puckett

CB - Jaylin Simpson

We drop Cordale Flott because he’s flirting too much with other teams and he signs with Tennessee. That gives us 300+ on the composite and puts this class in the “elite” category. Guys, outside of the OT’s, I think the rest of this class is very realistic compared to where we sit today.

Not too bad although Diabate may be a very hard pull with us offering so late. We are recruiting Zion as a CB, not Safety FWIW.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why yes, I do have insight. Anyone who thinks peer pressure from fellow students, peer pressure from acquaintances of parents and the like doesn't have an effect on recruiting is, to quote you, clueless. The "anywhere but Auburn" tactic is very much alive and well in the Mobile area.

A handful of coaches may not be on board with it because they want their kids to get scholarships and where is secondary to a coach. The "where" part of it is not secondary to the general population there and they push "anywhere but Auburn" at every opportunity.

:rollin:

14 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

QB - Bo Nix

RB - Noah Cain

WR - George Pickens

WR - Jalen Curry

WR - Ja’Varrius Johnson

TE - Tyler Fromm

TE - Luke Deal

OG - Keiondre Jones

C - Jakai Clark

OG - Will Putnam

DE - Colby Wooden

DE/DT - Charles Moore

DE/DT - Jaren Handy

DE/DT - Justin Eboigbe

BUCK - Derick Hall

OLB - Mohammad Diabote

MLB - Owen Pappoe

WLB - Trezmen Marshall

CB - Andrew Booth

S - Nick Cross

S - Jashawn Sheffield

S - Zion Puckett

CB - Jaylin Simpson

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not too bad although Diabate may be a very hard pull with us offering so late. We are recruiting Zion as a CB, not Safety FWIW.

Also I don't think we sign 25. I think 24 is going to be the cap as I think Handy-Holly goes on scholly sometime next year. If he does he will have to count to the 2019 25 limit.

Coaches OT board in no particular order.

Osborne (soon to be AU)

Putnam OG/OT combo (heavy FSU)

Morris (but not confident of flip)

Kight (UAT)

McClendon

Dobbs (not much confidence)

Truss (coaches surprised by UGA commit)

The new name **

Jaime Simmons (used to be at spain park now at thompson, coaches feel he has some good qualities and is naturally strong just very raw and will keep an eye on him early in the season.  Not really recruiting at this point but evaluating)

Staff is still evaluating several others but no names mentioned.  I did discuss with my friend JB's ideas of lineman.  He's like naturally strong athletic lineman, yes I know don't we all, but JB really values that.  If a guy is 6-4 yet rangy and athletic Grimes thinks he can be successful at OT.  Grimes has faith and belief in his coaching that he can take a kid he likes and can add good weight and technique to.  

And of course the company line... the staff feels good about where they are at this time

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Osborne (soon to be AU)

Supposedly JB is recruiting him at Guard.

Just tell Grimes not to recruit ANY OT's that are in the Curtis Fann highlight reel.  Those guys could fall down and do a better job of blocking.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:21 AM, ellitor said:

Not too bad although Diabate may be a very hard pull with us offering so late. 

Agree. We will have to really do something miraculous to get him.

As many others have said - other than OL recruiting this class looks insanely good. Really need Morris to switch or a top level OT to look our way. It is a little surprising that we are struggling a little in this area considering we are bring in Nix. You would think we could convince OL to block for him. 

Build it and they will come! We are building a great offense with this class and we will get the ols we need.

2 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

It is a little surprising that we are struggling a little in this area considering we are bring in Nix. You would think we could convince OL to block for him. 

Not surprising IMO. Recruits usually don't win recruiting battles with other recruits & JB hasn't been back here long to know any of the kids in this class well besides Clay Webb.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

we will get the ols we need.

Even if it's through the transfer market. lol

Archived