Trump is going to wing it

GiveEmElle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with these statements. If he truly believes that he is prepared and actually is of course. I'd agree on him with having the right attitude, confidence, and making it happen if people want to get it done. All the preparation in the world doesn't matter if the players don't want the action to be successful.

Like doing projects in you major for example in school. Took alot less work to be ready for the final classes of the major than it did in the beginning ones based off acquired knowledge alone. Then post presentation when you had QnA or Review Boards your confidence and attitude directly played into how you performed and how they judged and graded you.

Trump’s answer is intersting. The reporter asks how he is preparing for NK and in his answer he frequently repeats the word “prepared” from the question in his response. He does this often when answering questions. To me it demonstrates a lack of knowledge. We know this POTUS doesn’t read and his daily briefings are reduced to one page. I find his response indicative ofhow little knowledge he possess about NK, this could be much more disastrous  than accusing Canada of burning down the WH in 1812. 

While the haters wallow in their dislike for the man as a person, they can't accept he has brought the leader of a rogue country to the table and  is on the brink of a historic summit which could have a lasting affect on the world peace. They said when he was elected he shouldn't even be given the keys to our nuclear weapons. Now, negotiating from a position of strength he is now in fact on the verge of reducing the nuclear threat for the world. We should put aside our personal opinions of the man and be praying for him and the success of this historic summit.

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

We know this POTUS doesn’t read and his daily briefings are reduced to one page. I find his response indicative ofhow little knowledge he possess about NK, this could be much more disastrous  than accusing Canada of burning down the WH in 1812. 

You do not know what he reads. You have no idea of his knowledge on anything.

Canada burning down down the WH......love it, really winds morning joe and the elles up.

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

While the haters wallow in their dislike for the man as a person, they can't accept he has brought the leader of a rogue country to the table and  is on the brink of a historic summit which could have a lasting affect on the world peace. They said when he was elected he shouldn't even be given the keys to our nuclear weapons. Now, negotiating from a position of strength he is now in fact on the verge of reducing the nuclear threat for the world. We should put aside our personal opinions of the man and be praying for him and the success of this historic summit.

Are you kidding?  

Kim Jong Un's primary goal - which the US has denied him for decades - has been to sit down at the table as equals to the US.  This will be a huge propaganda victory for him and it's a huge concession from us right out of the chute.

The Trump delusion by some on this forum is incredible, not to mention the ignorance.  :no:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/asia/kim-family-trump-summit-intl/index.html

Why meeting a US President is the ultimate aim of the Kim family

It is a meeting that eluded his father almost two decades ago and one which his grandfather never managed to accomplish.

Now young North Korean leader Kim Jong Un looks set to achieve the longstanding dream of his family dynasty -- a face-to-face meeting with a sitting US President.......

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You do not know what he reads. You have no idea of his knowledge on anything.

Canada burning down down the WH......love it, really winds morning joe and the elles up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/breaking-with-tradition-trump-skips-presidents-written-intelligence-report-for-oral-briefings/2018/02/09/b7ba569e-0c52-11e8-95a5-c396801049ef_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/09/trumps-schedule-shows-that-his-daily-briefing-was-only-daily-in-three-weeks-of-his-presidency/

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-wont-read-his-daily-intelligence-briefing-d77c7f196bc4/

Like it or not, knowledge can be assessed through communication. I listen to Trump almost everytime he speaks publicly. One thing that’s intersting to note is that he latches on a key word and repeats it over and over. This illustrates a lack of knowledge on the subject he is speaking on. Also public statements that he has made from Fredrick Douglas to the Middle East to Blacks voting to the War of 1812 show his limited knowledge. 

So yes, I am bothered by the fact that the POTUS is willfully ignorant.

19 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I don't have a problem with these statements. If he truly believes that he is prepared and actually is of course. I'd agree on him with having the right attitude, confidence, and making it happen if people want to get it done. All the preparation in the world doesn't matter if the players don't want the action to be successful.

Like doing projects in you major for example in school. Took alot less work to be ready for the final classes of the major than it did in the beginning ones based off acquired knowledge alone. Then post presentation when you had QnA or Review Boards your confidence and attitude directly played into how you performed and how they judged and graded you.

What in hell about Trump's background would make him a natural for this sort of thing?

His intricate knowledge of history?  :laugh:

As for his supposed prowess as a negotiator, that's just a myth created by a master bulls***ter.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/01/donald-trump-deals-negotiation-art-of-deal-218584

‘He Pretty Much Gave In to Whatever They Asked For’

Trump says he’s a master negotiator. Those who’ve actually dealt with him beg to differ.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/06/donald-trump-has-always-been-a-terrible-negotiator

DONALD TRUMP HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TERRIBLE NEGOTIATOR

The president wouldn’t know a good deal if it grabbed him by the p--sy.

3 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/breaking-with-tradition-trump-skips-presidents-written-intelligence-report-for-oral-briefings/2018/02/09/b7ba569e-0c52-11e8-95a5-c396801049ef_story.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/02/09/trumps-schedule-shows-that-his-daily-briefing-was-only-daily-in-three-weeks-of-his-presidency/

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-wont-read-his-daily-intelligence-briefing-d77c7f196bc4/

Like it or not, knowledge can be assessed through communication. I listen to Trump almost everytime he speaks publicly. One thing that’s intersting to note is that he latches on a key word and repeats it over and over. This illustrates a lack of knowledge on the subject he is speaking on. Also public statements that he has made from Fredrick Douglas to the Middle East to Blacks voting to the War of 1812 show his limited knowledge. 

So yes, I am bothered by the fact that the POTUS is willfully ignorant.

Don't forget he didn't even know what the "nuclear triad" was regarding strategic defense. Hell, I learned that as a teenager - over 50 years ago.

It's like he's isolated himself his whole life.

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Don't forget he didn't even know what the "nuclear triad" was regarding strategic defense.

It's like he's isolated himself his whole life.

And that’s a shame. He had money to buy the best education and chose willful ignorance instead.

The ‘What, Me Worry?’ President

Donald Trump has long said he doesn’t worry about the future because nothing really matters. Next week, he’ll be negotiating with a rogue nuclear state.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/08/donald-trump-beliefs-what-matters-fatalism-218663

I love reading the illusions of knowledge by Trump haters. Makes my day seeing them spend so much unproductive time bashing him. They should accept reality and get a life.

22 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I love reading the illusions of knowledge by Trump haters. Makes my day seeing them spend so much unproductive time bashing him. They should accept reality and get a life.

It's not "illusions", it's allusions.  Or in other cases, it's direct quotes.  You know, referencing things Trump has actually said or done.

You need to get off Fox now and then and educate yourself.  You're embarrasing us.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

What in hell about Trump's background would make him a natural for this sort of thing? Good thing I didn't call him a natural then isn't it? My statement depends on if he is truly prepared. Go read it. Nowhere did I call the man the Roy Hobbs of anything.

His intricate knowledge of history?  :laugh:About the same as your ability to read someone's post, comprehend what they are saying, and address what they actually said without exaggerating or changing it.

As for his supposed prowess as a negotiator, that's just a myth created by a master bulls***ter. He is a master bulls***ter, I personally also feel like he enjoys messing with the left. So I wouldn't pass on him making statements just to get a rise. We have clearly identified that he doesn't follow the "presidential action/appearance" code and plays more by celebrity rules in that area.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/06/01/donald-trump-deals-negotiation-art-of-deal-218584

‘He Pretty Much Gave In to Whatever They Asked For’

Trump says he’s a master negotiator. Those who’ve actually dealt with him beg to differ.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/06/donald-trump-has-always-been-a-terrible-negotiator

DONALD TRUMP HAS ALWAYS BEEN A TERRIBLE NEGOTIATOR

The president wouldn’t know a good deal if it grabbed him by the p--sy.

Sorry, not signing up to read your articles. Besides didn't you state the problem with the internet was that anyone can make any statement and then go find something to back it up lol?

Haters just ignore that there is going to be a summit. That is an historic moment in our history and the past several presidents haven't been able to pull that off. NK knows Trump isn't kidding around and he is negotiating from a position of strength. The haters were saying when Trump was elected he shouldn't even have the keys to our nuclear weapons. Now he is on the breach of negotiating the possibility of greatly reducing We should all wish the best for this summit  and be praying for our president. A positive outcome can have lasting effect on world peace.

30 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Haters just ignore that there is going to be a summit. That is an historic moment in our history and the past several presidents haven't been able to pull that off. NK knows Trump isn't kidding around and he is negotiating from a position of strength. The haters were saying when Trump was elected he shouldn't even have the keys to our nuclear weapons. Now he is on the breach of negotiating the possibility of greatly reducing We should all wish the best for this summit  and be praying for our president. A positive outcome can have lasting effect on world peace.

Fascinating.  Absolutely fascinating. :no:

On 6/8/2018 at 11:49 AM, Proud Tiger said:

I like to see the losers whine. Every day they waste cry babying abut the butt-whoopin' they took last time is another day when they aren't formulating a plan to do better next time. They are letting Trump "beat them twice" and I love every single whine of it. :)

Liberal losers like the *checks notes* Heritage Foundation's DPRK expert. 

Trump just struck a shockingly weak deal with North Korea

Art of the giveaway: Trump offers huge concessions to Kim for little in return.

But despite the pomp and circumstance, experts say that Trump’s agreement with Kim is more of a symbolic achievement than a substantive one. They’re also concerned that Trump has conceded far too much to Pyongyang without receiving enough — if anything — in return.

The agreement’s language is apparently more vague and less demanding of North Korea’s denuclearization program than previous agreements the US has had with the country. Some see Trump’s decision to halt joint US-South Korean military exercises as a huge and unreciprocated giveaway to Kim.

“Unfortunately, we do not know if Kim has made a strategic decision to denuclearize and it is unclear if further negotiations will lead to the end goal of denuclearization,” Anthony Ruggiero, a senior fellow at the conservative Foundation for Defense of Democracies think tank, told Reuters. “This looks like a restatement of where we left negotiations more than 10 years ago and not a major step forward.”

The US-North Korea agreement is extremely vague

The agreement that Trump and Kim made consists of four main points:

The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity. (DPRK stands for the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, the formal name of North Korea.)

The US and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.

Reaffirming the April 27, 2018, Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

The US and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

read the rest at: https://www.vox.com/world/2018/6/12/17452616/trump-kim-jong-un-north-korea-summit

Archived